• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Sunday November 12, 2017

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Of course Magus' promise may not be proof against Sirleck keeping his hold on Ellen saying, "I am altering the deal.  Pray I do not alter it any further."

Ellen might say that; Sirleck wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Though to be honest, I don't think  Sirleck intends to occupy Ellen on a long-term basis.

Neither do I, but he won't abandon Ellen as long as it's safer more useful for him to keep attached to her. That does not preclude him from trying to possess Magus-Elliot while his attention is on Ashley. Could he be sure of getting a better opportunity?

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I really doubt Raven is the ultimate host for Sirleck

As do I.

Sirleck needs a host that can fly under the radar

Yes, but such hosts are rarely multi billionaires.

his hosts in the past were probably such that they fit his own personality so anything he did or could do would just appear to others as the host just going about they way they always did

Now that does fit with many multi billionaires. Wonder if Sirleck ever met Harvey Weinstein?

The flaw in Sirleck's plan for possessing Magus, even after splitting himself from Elliot, is it's very likely Elliot would attempt to interfere with Sirleck's plan. Heck the whole this so far has the potential of the Main Eight getting in the way along with Edward, Helena and Demetrius, Jerry2.0 and Pandora as well once word got out.  Magus probably has his own plan for dealing with Sirleck as well once he has his own body so it's probably not going to end well for the body snatcher.

I agree with every point. This is an excellent reason for Sirleck to keep on possessing or repossessing Ellen, or possessing anyone to hold that person hostage. This is the same dodge the King of Terror used at the end of his arc in Oh My Goddess by possessing Belldandy's Keiichi.

31 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

This is an excellent reason for Sirleck to keep on possessing or repossessing Ellen,

Not really because he wouldn't be able to keep up the charade without raising anyone suspicions, and that's already happened after Nanase realizes that Ellen lied about the voyeur and didn't show up to meet her. Ellen lying about something like that would be completely out of character and then when Ashley wakes up and tells Nanase what happened (she didn't see it, but she heard Elliot say Ellen's name and then heard the zap and suddenly Elliot was blonde and put her to sleep) it's already got the potential of Sirleck having to quickly take Magus' body and disappear for a while which may be difficult if Immortals get involved and maybe Abraham would be able to track him down as well like he was able to with Ellen.

Hmm, maybe that's what Magus is counting on, Pandora did say that Abraham would be an adversary in the future, but maybe he hopes that Abraham would detect Sirleck and destroy him while keeping in mind that Magus might not be a monster like Ellen wasn't.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I'm still a little surprised that Elliot wasn't transformed.

Magus was aware that Elliot is a shifter. He expected to be rammed into Elliot's body. Maybe Elliot was transformed to female, but Magus immediately transformed him back.

Also, Elliot is transformed - he's now blond.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I really doubt Raven is the ultimate host for Sirleck, for one, Sirleck's plan for distracting Helena and Demetrius involves having a large number of aberrations attack Raven with the intent to kill him. Some think that Sirleck expects Raven with survive the attack but be left weak enough to not be able to resist possession, but I think there still too much risk involved, also the fact that Raven's too high profile in the Immortal circle, Jerry knew about him how many others would? So possession might get noticed and even considering Raven's behaviour, his charity work and teaching job, if any of that changes for any reason, it might raise suspicion.

Sirleck needs a host that can fly under the radar, his hosts in the past were probably such that they fit his own personality so anything he did or could do would just appear to others as the host just going about they way they always did. Magus gave the tempting offer that he's a complete nobody in this world but with the ability to do things others can't, so it would make sense for Sirleck to want to take possession of Magus.

The flaw in Sirleck's plan for possessing Magus, even after splitting himself from Elliot, is it's very likely Elliot would attempt to interfere with Sirleck's plan. Heck the whole this so far has the potential of the Main Eight getting in the way along with Edward, Helena and Demetrius, Jerry2.0 and Pandora as well once word got out.  Magus probably has his own plan for dealing with Sirleck as well once he has his own body so it's probably not going to end well for the body snatcher.

This makes a great deal of sense.  I'm pretty sure Sirleck thinks he has Elliot covered.  I would expect Sirleck knows about Cheerleadra and is sure he can prevail against her and even against Cheerleadra and Magus working together.  He would likely have Ellen as a hostage and, well, you know how these hero types are...

Oddly enough the likely monkey wrench in the works is not Elliot but Voltaire, who brought Raven's presence to Sirleck's attention as a part of "Plan CM".  That got Sirleck to put all his resources into Raven, which means they won't be anywhere near Sirleck himself.  I'm not sure how any of this would restore an Immortal's freedom to act, unless it's all intended as an argument that Immortals must be free to act or humans on their own do stupid things like become Aberrations/Vampires and must be properly contained and controlled for everybody's sake.

6 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Magus was aware that Elliot is a shifter. He expected to be rammed into Elliot's body. Maybe Elliot was transformed to female, but Magus immediately transformed him back.

Also, Elliot is transformed - he's now blond.

I think Dan is going to address why Elliot wasn't turned female and instead blond in upcoming comics or else he wouldn't have been all "because a wizard did it" in the commentary. I think Dan was just being silly there and it is a pretty simple explaination, like all of Ellen's beams (the ones that use a visible transformation beam that is) mimic the TFG's beam and so would work just as well for the purpose of getting Magus into Elliot's body as the FV5 beam.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why didn't Abraham throw that diamond into a volcano like Adrian suggested before getting stoned?

Because he was in jail.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Anyone else think Abraham will be returning to this story soon?

Yes, and he may STILL be in that jail. I think he is considered more dangerous than the diamond.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The facility diamond used to be in REALLY had minimal security. Even windows were missing. Of course, it IS possible they moved it somewhere more secure now ...

Well, that could have just been a joke at the time. But retconning, perhaps, the real security could have been magical wards which the bribed guard took down. Having missing windows could be intentional, making the place look deserted. Nothing important going on here, nossiree.

Did he also somehow made sure Tedd has access to the facility AND then informed him about it? No, I think it really was low security, although maybe not AS low as it seemed.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Could be. But we really don't know if Sirleck has any more magic than his basic powers as a body thief Abberation.. If that's the case, trying to steal the diamond out of any place set up to hold very secret and dangerous magical artifacts would be a very risky thing to try. And, as I believe I pointed out before, measures should have been taken after the incident. And, of course, Edward would have been informed. If Sirleck doesn't already know about Edward by now, it's amazing he's been able to survive this long living so nearby. Or unliving so nearby.  

He might possess the guard ...

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The diamond could already be in Ellen's car.

That would fit with Ellen(Sirleck) just getting home a moment ago if several hours had passed since the end of school, might even explain the rush Ellen(Sirleck) was in to get Nanase the message and leave, oh wait, It was a 3 hour trip to the facility...although was that 3 hours round trip, or 3 hours there, 3 back for a total of 6 hours? 3 hours round trip might be doable, or maybe Sirleck moved it closer while possessing the butler?

... between possessing the butler and possessing Francine.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, WR...S said:

"Your friends will be okay."

That's interesting.  If he's talking to Ashley, it means he's not planning to replace Elliot; if he's talking to either of them, it means (at least he thinks) Ellen is still alive.  (Granted, the latter was kind of obvious from a Doylist perspective, but it was possible that this would ultimately require some extremely exceptional circumstance in-universe.)

I think he's only talking to Ashley, but referring to both Elliot and Ellen being returned unharmed.

Possible, or he is talking to Elliot - like, not really expecting answer, as he's controlling him so he actually talks to himself ...

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

The Diamond Has Been/Gets Destroyed

Well, just get Abraham to make another one, right?

I think that if diamond will be destroyed Abraham will never un-stone himself again.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I really doubt Raven is the ultimate host for Sirleck, for one, Sirleck's plan for distracting Helena and Demetrius involves having a large number of aberrations attack Raven with the intent to kill him. Some think that Sirleck expects Raven with survive the attack but be left weak enough to not be able to resist possession, but I think there still too much risk involved, also the fact that Raven's too high profile in the Immortal circle, Jerry knew about him how many others would? So possession might get noticed and even considering Raven's behaviour, his charity work and teaching job, if any of that changes for any reason, it might raise suspicion.

Yes ; possessing Raven, even based on what Sirleck knows, sounds extremely risky. (Based on what we now it's really painful method of suicide.)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yes ; Sirleck thinks he can take over Magus, but what does he knows about his abilities? And he's DEFINITELY underestimating main eight.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Of course Magus' promise may not be proof against Sirleck keeping his hold on Ellen saying, "I am altering the deal.  Pray I do not alter it any further."

Ellen might say that; Sirleck wouldn't.

Justin, George or Tensaided would say that, but I'm not sure Ellen would. Meanwhile, who knows, Sirleck might like Star Wars.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Sirleck needs a host that can fly under the radar

Yes, but such hosts are rarely multi billionaires.

Which is why I think Sirleck is carefully keeping his position of 105th wealthiest person just to not get into top 100 or something similar.

I agree with every point. This is an excellent reason for Sirleck to keep on possessing or repossessing Ellen, or possessing anyone to hold that person hostage. This is the same dodge the King of Terror used at the end of his arc in Oh My Goddess by possessing Belldandy's Keiichi.

That would only work assuming Magus doesn't have some anti-astral spell which would kill Sirleck while keeping Ellen unharmed. I'm pretty sure Pandora would be able to do that.

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not really because he wouldn't be able to keep up the charade without raising anyone suspicions, and that's already happened after Nanase realizes that Ellen lied about the voyeur and didn't show up to meet her. Ellen lying about something like that would be completely out of character and then when Ashley wakes up and tells Nanase what happened (she didn't see it, but she heard Elliot say Ellen's name and then heard the zap and suddenly Elliot was blonde and put her to sleep) it's already got the potential of Sirleck having to quickly take Magus' body and disappear for a while which may be difficult if Immortals get involved and maybe Abraham would be able to track him down as well like he was able to with Ellen.

Well the idea is for him to keep Ellen until Magus gets to the diamond. Obviously, neither of them wants this phase to take too long, as until Ellen and Elliot are found, they can be sure they will be followed (THEY think it will be just Edward, Helena and Demetrius. WE have reason to assume it would be Edward, Wolf, Cranium, whole main 8, Raven, Pandora, Jerry, Helena and Demetrius.)

Meanwhile, using the diamond would activate Abraham. Sounds less dangerous than the first group, doesn't it? Magus and Sirleck might assume Abraham will be kept in prison and the others will stop following them after finding Ellen and Elliot. Personally, I don't think that would happen ...

53 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Hmm, maybe that's what Magus is counting on, Pandora did say that Abraham would be an adversary in the future, but maybe he hopes that Abraham would detect Sirleck and destroy him while keeping in mind that Magus might not be a monster like Ellen wasn't.

I still think Magus is naive and doesn't expect Sirleck to attack him. For him, leaving Abraham alive would prove to be unexpectedly good idea just like when Frodo let Gollum alive ...

14 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

As far as we know, Elliot doesn't have the correct spells. Magus however might.

7 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Oddly enough the likely monkey wrench in the works is not Elliot but Voltaire, who brought Raven's presence to Sirleck's attention as a part of "Plan CM".  That got Sirleck to put all his resources into Raven, which means they won't be anywhere near Sirleck himself.

No, he never planned to have any vampires as personal guard. However, he also didn't planned to piss off Pandora.

8 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I'm not sure how any of this would restore an Immortal's freedom to act, unless it's all intended as an argument that Immortals must be free to act or humans on their own do stupid things like become Aberrations/Vampires and must be properly contained and controlled for everybody's sake.

I think you underestimate the "complicated" part of plan CM. This is only supposed to get rid of Pandora and make Tedd choose incorrectly whatever he will be choosing on reset. The reset itself is supposed to make the change.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think Dan is going to address why Elliot wasn't turned female and instead blond in upcoming comics or else he wouldn't have been all "because a wizard did it" in the commentary. I think Dan was just being silly there and it is a pretty simple explaination, like all of Ellen's beams (the ones that use a visible transformation beam that is) mimic the TFG's beam and so would work just as well for the purpose of getting Magus into Elliot's body as the FV5 beam.

Would be funny if Dan would be like "I've got this overly complicated way to explain it but hey, someone reminded me Ellen has blonde spell, that will work much easier".

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Here's a really immoderate idea: What is the reason Ellen's beam did what it just did is because that's exactly what Pandora set up the creation of Ellen to do?

Pandora is not wizard, so this wouldn't match the explanation :)

16 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Oddly enough the likely monkey wrench in the works is not Elliot but Voltaire, who brought Raven's presence to Sirleck's attention as a part of "Plan CM".  That got Sirleck to put all his resources into Raven, which means they won't be anywhere near Sirleck himself.  I'm not sure how any of this would restore an Immortal's freedom to act, unless it's all intended as an argument that Immortals must be free to act or humans on their own do stupid things like become Aberrations/Vampires and must be properly contained and controlled for everybody's sake.

Voltaire probably got involved there because he expects that once Pandora finds out that Sirleck sent vampires after her son, she'd go ballistic and hunt him down, and probably in the process cause enough damage that she's forced to reset.

The attack on Raven is very likely going to top what happened the week before and could very well be what causes Magic to change. Also if Raven is killed it'll probably have a ripple effect that's not exclusive to just Pandora, depending on how things go, it could very well affect Tedd considering he just recently found out Raven is his godfather. Edward and Raven aren't currently on good terms but that might still affect Edward in a way that could also affect Tedd. Heck even with what's happening with Sirleck, Ellen, Elliot and Magus is going to affect Tedd. Basically it seems like Plan CM is to try to set as much crap in motion that has the potential of affecting Tedd so that if Magic changes, Tedd's second purpose (whatever it is) can be exploited.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Here's a really immoderate idea: What is the reason Ellen's beam did what it just did is because that's exactly what Pandora set up the creation of Ellen to do?

Pandora is not wizard, so this wouldn't match the explanation :)

No, Pandora is not a wizard, Pandora is a mother of wizards. Basically, Pandora is a god. Gods trump wizards, generally speaking:)

Edited by Tom Sewell
Smiley

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Voltaire probably got involved there because he expects that once Pandora finds out that Sirleck sent vampires after her son, she'd go ballistic and hunt him down, and probably in the process cause enough damage that she's forced to reset.

Pretty much my premise as far as it goes. I think Voltaire wants to cause so much chaos magic won't be able to change normally, forcing the other immortals to change the whole system to conform to what ever master plan he has. Including, of course, lifting restrictions on himself. "Just let me have the power to fix it right."

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Basically it seems like Plan CM is to try to set as much crap in motion that has the potential of affecting Tedd so what if Magic changes, Tedd's second purpose (whatever it is) can be exploited.

Seems likely. Voltaire might get a real surprise there. Perhaps Tedd will be able to change magic for Immortals.

Two things. First, story and NP not only on time, but early?! I don't have to wait until 8 pm to see the NP strip? Did hell freeze over and no one told me?

Second thing: I suspect that Abraham has been moved near the dewitchery diamond. After all, DBG has his statue form, they know that he has sworn to protect people and work to prevent the diamond from wreaking havoc on the world. If he's near the diamond, he could do that, and they know where he is. It seems like a logical way to deal with the statue.

Sorry about any spelling errors and the lack of links. My internet is cacked out right now so I'm typing this on a tablet with a tendency to refresh pages if I try to check something else and I don't want to lose what I've typed

8 minutes ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Second thing: I suspect that Abraham has been moved near the dewitchery diamond. After all, DBG has his statue form, they know that he has sworn to protect people and work to prevent the diamond from wreaking havoc on the world. If he's near the diamond, he could do that, and they know where he is. It seems like a logical way to deal with the statue.

Sounds plausible.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think it's pretty well proven that Elliot has the ability to transform himself from other forms to his normal male form. (If not directly, then use one of his female-transformation spells and then revert to male.)

However, he has blond hair at the moment, so I'd probably go with Magus having managed the hypothetical transformation from female. Possibly borrowing Elliot's abilities to assist.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Basically it seems like Plan CM is to try to set as much crap in motion that has the potential of affecting Tedd so what if Magic changes, Tedd's second purpose (whatever it is) can be exploited.

Seems likely. Voltaire might get a real surprise there. Perhaps Tedd will be able to change magic for Immortals.

Or, maybe, do a magic change so big immortals would be forced to change their law to adapt.

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Two things. First, story and NP not only on time, but early?! I don't have to wait until 8 pm to see the NP strip? Did hell freeze over and no one told me?

Dan already apologized for the error.

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Sounds plausible.

Considering his previous behaviour and the fact he avoided interrogation, they might not believe his intentions OR judgement. He MIGHT be placed near the diamond if it was moved to higher security building, however I don't think he is unguarded.

If he appears without DGB agent behind him, I would question if DGB is qualified to guard even NON-enchanted diamonds.

13 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think it's pretty well proven that Elliot has the ability to transform himself from other forms to his normal male form. (If not directly, then use one of his female-transformation spells and then revert to male.)

No. The spells may stack. Elliot is not generally capable of undo any transformation by using his female transformation spell AND he is SPECIFICALLY not able to undo TF-gun or TG-gun mimicking enchantments. Even changing to cheerleadra will not undo FV5, he would just become FV5 cheerleadra.

18 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

or Raven. (a near-immortal host who might be able to sustain Sirleck indefinitely).  

A near-immortal wizard host

11 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Did hell freeze over and no one told me?

Well, Chicagoland did have its first real frost of the season....

11 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Sorry about any spelling errors and the lack of links. My internet is cacked out right now so I'm typing this on a tablet with a tendency to refresh pages if I try to check something else and I don't want to lose what I've typed

On my iPad, if I move to a different tab too long and the page reloads, if I go click the reply window, it either restores my text outright, or gives a little link offering to.

I keep reading and reading this thread and it seems everyone thinks Sirlek will just leave Ellen once he can get at whoever is his long time host of choice. I don't think he's that civilized. After all what would he have to gain from leaving her alive? However killing her has several advantages, such as keeping her from telling anyone about being possessed. I don't know how much the host remembers of what Sirlek did while possessing them, but if I were to guess I'd say they remember all of it. If that's the case he certainly would want to kill off his former hosts as soon as he's able to get at the next. Sure leaving a short term host babbling about demons and possession every ten years or so might be fine. Almost no one would actually believe them, and most of those who might believe will be total nutcases with no real knowledge or ability to track him down. But here and now in Mopherville he knows there are immortals, magic users and even hunters just about everywhere, and a lot of these would track him down just because they hate creatures like him, and if they have any connection to a former host of his there will be nowhere to hide.

Now I know Ellen most probably is protected by plot armor, but Sirlek doesn't know this...

32 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

I keep reading and reading this thread and it seems everyone thinks Sirlek will just leave Ellen once he can get at whoever is his long time host of choice. I don't think he's that civilized. After all what would he have to gain from leaving her alive?

The same thing he gained from keeping the janitor alive - whatever that is.

But here's another way of looking at it: so far we've seen him in four hosts - and he's vacated three of them. Of those three, one is definitely alive post-possession, and one died of old age; I don't think we know the status of the other one. We have no proof that he CAN just kill a host.

(Aside, obviously, from possessing another host and having the new host kill the old one by ordinary means.)

17 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Now I know Ellen most probably is protected by plot armor, but Sirlek doesn't know this...

I agree, except that it's "Sirleck", an anagram of "lickers" according to Dan. But leaving a conspicuous trail of dead bodies behind doesn't exactly fit with the stealthy lifestyle (or undeadstyle) of a body thief or any Aberration that wants to keep on enjoying its unlimited lifespan (or undeadspan). But if Sirleck thinks killing Ellen or anyone is the best idea, he'll kill without remorse--remember, no empathy, no remorse--or hesitation.

I doubt if Ashley has plot armor, though.

15 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

he same thing he gained from keeping the janitor alive - whatever that is.

See Paragraph One. However, the butler's odds of survival may be worse. Even if the butler wouldn't remember being possessed, he would remember being the old man's butler, making a link in a chain leading back to the old man through an investigation of his death into the discovery of the transfer of funds to the offshore accounts...

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
7 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

I keep reading and reading this thread and it seems everyone thinks Sirlek will just leave Ellen once he can get at whoever is his long time host of choice. I don't think he's that civilized. After all what would he have to gain from leaving her alive?

The same thing he gained from keeping the janitor alive - whatever that is.

Might be Magus.

Or, as explained in following, leaving her dead could be more suspicious than leaving her alive.

7 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

After all what would he have to gain from leaving her alive? However killing her has several advantages, such as keeping her from telling anyone about being possessed. I don't know how much the host remembers of what Sirlek did while possessing them, but if I were to guess I'd say they remember all of it. If that's the case he certainly would want to kill off his former hosts as soon as he's able to get at the next.

I already mentioned that this "remember everything" may NOT be the case.

In fact, if the hosts remembers everything, body snatchers would be so easy to find they would choose to be different type of aberration instead - one which kills the victim directly. Trail of dead bodies as trail of dead bodies.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But leaving a conspicuous trail of dead bodies behind doesn't exactly fit with the stealthy lifestyle (or undeadstyle) of a body thief or any Aberration that wants to keep on enjoying its unlimited lifespan (or undeadspan). But if Sirleck thinks killing Ellen or anyone is the best idea, he'll kill without remorse--remember, no empathy, no remorse--or hesitation.

Exactly, trail of dead bodies is very unstealthy, and even in case of Ellen it might be easily more dangerous than leaving her alive, because it will provide additional incentive for her friends - which, as he KNOWS, include immortals - to go after him.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

(Aside, obviously, from possessing another host and having the new host kill the old one by ordinary means.)

Both "killing by new host" and "killing by possession-specific method which can be identified by DGB" could make the trail even easier to follow.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

However, the butler's odds of survival may be worse. Even if the butler wouldn't remember being possessed, he would remember being the old man's butler, making a link in a chain leading back to the old man through an investigation of his death into the discovery of the transfer of funds to the offshore accounts...

So, the butler will wake up from possession, last think he remembers is seeing the old man falling down ... are you SURE the first thing he does would be to go to police and ask if he's wanted for murder? It might be in his best interest to make as good alibi as he can and never speak about anything suspicious.

Again, investigation which finds the old man dead AND his butler dead shortly afterwards might create more suspicion than the butler being alive and just returning from vacation.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

So, the butler will wake up from possession, last think he remembers is seeing the old man falling down ... are you SURE the first thing he does would be to go to police and ask if he's wanted for murder? It might be in his best interest to make as good alibi as he can and never speak about anything suspicious.

Okay, better odds of being alive, but still not perfect. And, provided the former hosts don't remember much, Sirleck can plan on cutting out his cutouts later. Mob godfathers have been doing it for awhile now.

Another reason why Sirleck might not think Ellen is that dangerous a loose end is because she doesn't seem to have any really dangerous attack power. Sirleck strikes me as at least a Victorian-era-level male chauvinist buying into that whole damsels-in-distress bullshit (Terry Jones will explain to you why that's bullshit in his Medieval Lives episode The Damsel.) So turning men into women might look like at most a defensive move--and does Sirleck the Abberation really have a sex now? Of course, that depends on how much Sirleck knows about Not-Tengu crashing Rhea's party on New Year's Eve and how thoroughly he's explored Ellen's memory.

Anyway, maybe the least work for Dan would to leave both Ashley and Ellen unconscious while Sirleck leaves possessing Magus-Elliot, and either they wake up later, or someone comes over and finds them.

It would be interesting, though, if someone else comes to Schloss Dunkel before Sirleck and Magus leave, with or without Ellen. I'm thinking now of the perfect getaway at the beginning of A Fish Called Wanda when the old lady with the little dogs walks in front of the getaway car at just the wrong moment. Sorry if that's a spoiler for anyone on the planet who hasn't seen A Fish Called Wanda yet, if there is such a person.

31 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

and does Sirleck the Abberation really have a sex now?

Considering all he was interested in was the secretary DANCING ... oh, wait, different meaning of "sex".

34 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Another reason why Sirleck might not think Ellen is that dangerous a loose end is because she doesn't seem to have any really dangerous attack power. Sirleck strikes me as at least a Victorian-era-level male chauvinist buying into that whole damsels-in-distress bullshit

In his defense, he might ACTUALLY be that old.

32 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of course, that depends on how much Sirleck knows about Not-Tengu crashing Rhea's party on New Year's Eve and how thoroughly he's explored Ellen's memory.

Probably "nothing" and "not really interested".

His mistake.

33 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyway, maybe the least work for Dan would to leave both Ashley and Ellen unconscious while Sirleck leaves possessing Magus-Elliot, and either they wake up later, or someone comes over and finds them.

Probably Nanase.

44 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

It would be interesting, though, if someone else comes to Schloss Dunkel before Sirleck and Magus leave, with or without Ellen. I'm thinking now of the perfect getaway at the beginning of A Fish Called Wanda when the old lady with the little dogs walks in front of the getaway car at just the wrong moment.

I think the story will be complicated enough even WITHOUT this. Also, I think that for story reasons, Magus WILL get his own body.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:50 PM, hkmaly said:

Considering his previous behaviour and the fact he avoided interrogation, they might not believe his intentions OR judgement. He MIGHT be placed near the diamond if it was moved to higher security building, however I don't think he is unguarded.

If he appears without DGB agent behind him, I would question if DGB is qualified to guard even NON-enchanted diamonds.

Perhaps I should rephrase: between the mess he made when he left the museum they where keeping him in, the fact that he told Adrian about his stone slumber, if only in passing (Adrian mentions having talked to Agent Wolf, probably a debriefing of some kind), and the fact that Mr. Verres has a spell to analyze this kind of thing (and, as mentioned by Adrian, Wolf is a wizard, so he could have that spell), it is a virtual certainty that they know he will wake up the next time the diamond is used. The fact that the diamond usually creates monsters should also be within their grasp, so the logical thing to do would be to keep him far enough away that they can stop him from murdering innocents, but close enough to provide assistance if it is a monster. 

Side note

On 11/13/2017 at 7:50 PM, hkmaly said:

Dan already apologized for the error.

I can't tell if you're joking.

2 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

I still love that quote from Adrian!  "How dare you survive to this age and not get that reference?!?"

2 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

The fact that the diamond usually creates monsters should also be within their grasp, so the logical thing to do would be to keep him far enough away that they can stop him from murdering innocents, but close enough to provide assistance if it is a monster. 

Abraham was convinced by Nanase's arguements, and the changed inscription supports that he truly has changed his attitude and will no longer be trying to kill innocents created by the Diamond.  Monsters, on the other hand, are probably still fair game.

One wonders which category he would place Magus into, given his mix of actions....