• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Sunday November 12, 2017

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

One wonders which category he would place Magus into, given his mix of actions....

I think Abraham will take more care in determining if the diamond had created a monster next time, when he first learned about the nature of Ellen, he rhymed off a number of reasons for her to exist and even stated that she wasn't a monster, it was the fact that he couldn't differentiate his promise to protect people and killing the monsters created by the diamond that he was determined that she still had to die. After Nanase made it clear to him what the difference was, he'll want to make certain he doesn't make the same mistakes.

Also, in the case of Sirleck, I wonder if Abraham would be able to determine if a person's actions aren't their own, and be able to remove Sirleck from either Ellen or Magus, without harming either of them?

7 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:
On 11/14/2017 at 4:50 AM, hkmaly said:

Considering his previous behaviour and the fact he avoided interrogation, they might not believe his intentions OR judgement. He MIGHT be placed near the diamond if it was moved to higher security building, however I don't think he is unguarded.

If he appears without DGB agent behind him, I would question if DGB is qualified to guard even NON-enchanted diamonds.

Perhaps I should rephrase: between the mess he made when he left the museum they where keeping him in, the fact that he told Adrian about his stone slumber, if only in passing (Adrian mentions having talked to Agent Wolf, probably a debriefing of some kind), and the fact that Mr. Verres has a spell to analyze this kind of thing (and, as mentioned by Adrian, Wolf is a wizard, so he could have that spell), it is a virtual certainty that they know he will wake up the next time the diamond is used. The fact that the diamond usually creates monsters should also be within their grasp, so the logical thing to do would be to keep him far enough away that they can stop him from murdering innocents, but close enough to provide assistance if it is a monster. 

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Abraham was convinced by Nanase's arguements, and the changed inscription supports that he truly has changed his attitude and will no longer be trying to kill innocents created by the Diamond.  Monsters, on the other hand, are probably still fair game.

Abraham changed inscription and attitude, but I wouldn't be so sure that DGB will believe it. Even if Abraham means it sincerely, DGB may not want to leave the choice on him.

I am sure they don't return him back to museum. I think he will be kept in the cell (they may not be ABLE to transport him out, after all) or somewhere more secure than where diamond used to be. It IS possible that the diamond was moved to the same facility or near, though ...

Note that it's ABRAHAM who though the diamond usually creates monsters. DGB may have different opinion ... especially considering the diamond didn't produced ANYTHING for quite a long time.

7 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:
On 11/14/2017 at 4:50 AM, hkmaly said:

Dan already apologized for the error.

I can't tell if you're joking.

https://egscomics.tumblr.com/post/167434179048/who-has-two-thumbs-and-accidentally-posted-the

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

One wonders which category he would place Magus into, given his mix of actions....

I think Abraham will take more care in determining if the diamond had created a monster next time, when he first learned about the nature of Ellen, he rhymed off a number of reasons for her to exist and even stated that she wasn't a monster, it was the fact that he couldn't differentiate his promise to protect people and killing the monsters created by the diamond that he was determined that she still had to die. After Nanase made it clear to him what the difference was, he'll want to make certain he doesn't make the same mistakes.

That's not exactly answer :)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also, in the case of Sirleck, I wonder if Abraham would be able to determine if a person's actions aren't their own, and be able to remove Sirleck from either Ellen or Magus, without harming either of them?

Well ... considering how successful he was with the diamond, he may not exactly be expert in this ... AND I'm not sure he already learned enough to lose his dangerous confidence in own abilities.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well ... considering how successful he was with the diamond, he may not exactly be expert in this ... AND I'm not sure he already learned enough to lose his dangerous confidence in own abilities.

Who knows how many times he's had to come out of his "stoned" state to fight whatever was created by the Diamond, it did seem pretty clear that Ellen was the first that didn't fit the bill of monster. He may not have figured out a way to counter the diamond, but he's certainly powerful enough to go toe to toe with an Elf. The change in the writing on his statue should be seen as foreshadowing what will happen the next time he appears.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Who knows how many times he's had to come out of his "stoned" state to fight whatever was created by the Diamond

Yes. Might be "twice".

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

it did seem pretty clear that Ellen was the first that didn't fit the bill of monster.

It is clear she was first OBVIOUS non-monster. There might be some debatable cases before.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

He may not have figured out a way to counter the diamond, but he's certainly powerful enough to go toe to toe with an Elf.

He only won because Adrian wanted to give him chance to surrender. He's not powerful enough for guardian form.

But doesn't matter: I was not questioning his power. I was questioning his experience and wisdom.

59 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The change in the writing on his statue should be seen as foreshadowing what will happen the next time he appears.

It can be deliberate statement he may not be able to fulfil.