• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
LazerWulf

NP Wed Nov 15 (Tues Nov 14?) 2017

Nuts (literally). Missed it by 1 space.

Zooms in to see... lines. Nuts. We better see a close-up of those cards, at least, by Friday.

9 hours ago, Stature said:

Nuts (literally). Missed it by 1 space.

If you mean that Susan missed landing on the same space as Catalina and Rhoda, Dan did say in the Nov 10 commentary that his original roll here was another 7, but he felt that would be boring from a story perspective and re-rolled.

(If that's not what you meant, I'm curious what you did mean?)

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... is the Ditzy card strong enough to offset the strategy mistakes player makes under it's influence?

That was my first thought as well, but it partially depends on what interpretation of "ditzy" Dan/Hanma is using here. She could be easily distracted and perhaps talk in a stereotypical "ditzy" manner without actually having reduced intelligence or being dangerously absent minded.

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... is the Ditzy card strong enough to offset the strategy mistakes player makes under it's influence?

In Magikal Cards, Ditzified added random chance on whether a player could use the target card or not. I don't think that kind of effect would be useful for using on yourself in this game though.

38 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Thanks.  I had forgotten...

Aaaand I just noticed I had put an apostrophe in "always", fixed it, but a bit too late lol.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That was my first thought as well, but it partially depends on what interpretation of "ditzy" Dan/Hanma is using here. She could be easily distracted and perhaps talk in a stereotypical "ditzy" manner without actually having reduced intelligence or being dangerously absent minded.

Even just being easily distracted can affect your strategy.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

(If that's not what you meant, I'm curious what you did mean?)

Guessing numbers is not my forte :P
On 11/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, Stature said:

I guess the next roll is a 9.

You shouldn't have looked into it too much, really. Gimme a 5...

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I don't have one of these handy, but you can buy a vowel.

If you can roll a vowel on 2d6  you are using weird dice.

Just saying.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I don't have one of these handy, but you can buy a vowel.

If you can roll a vowel on 2d6  you are using weird dice.

Just saying.

I think I have those. Sure, they're meant as scrabble pieces, but they are more like cubes.

12 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I said he could buy one. I said nothing about rolling.

Buying a vowel.   OK, fine.  A is 10 and E is 14, we know that, but depending on if you are using iHex1 or base 36 I either has no value (iHex) or is 18, while O is either no value (iHex) or 24 (Base 36)

1The Traveller system, where eye (i) and oh (o) are not used to not confuse with one (1) and zero (0).

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Buying a vowel.   OK, fine.  A is 10 and E is 14, we know that, but depending on if you are using iHex1 or base 36 I either has no value (iHex) or is 18, while O is either no value (iHex) or 24 (Base 36)

1The Traveller system, where eye (i) and oh (o) are not used to not confuse with one (1) and zero (0).

Danish has ten vowel phonemes. We used to have eleven but one has more or less fallen completely out of use. A, E, I, O, U and Y did not cover our needs so we added the extra characters Æ, Ø and Å to our alphabet. Yes, I know that in English the vowel status of U and Y is questionable. We Danes didn't care. We sent them to a retraining camp and now they serve us as full time vowels.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Danish has ten vowel phonemes.

Pikers. English has twenty. What's really helpful is that a grand total of only seven letters are used to write them, five of those seven letters cover at least three phonemes each, but each of the twenty is written at least two different ways. (One of of them, I think at least seven different ways.)

And some people think English is hard to learn! Can't imagine why!