• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Friday November 17, 2017

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Mind you the reason we had to get rid of the van was because the engine caught fire while driving to work another time, but that was mainly due to poor maintenance.

Or at least that's what you told your insurance company.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Or at least that's what you told your insurance company.

The thing was, it wasn't a huge fire, and we were able to flag someone down that happened to have a fire extinguisher on hand to put it out, the damage wasn't enough to get insurance involved, but it still would have cost us a fair but to get it back on the road. Friends told us we should have just let it burn.

23 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

AND that's not counting the switch to Susan, Diane and vampires OR to Nanase.

Also not counting the switch to Sarah and Sam on their not-date. I wonder if it's a not-date at the mall; I don't know if Sarah knows that Susan is meeting Diane at the mall.

Didn't Dan said he's planning to postpone this one AFTER Sister 3?

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We had a '93 Aerostar Sport that was pretty much a tank

Did it had fuel consumption as a tank as well?

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

there was an S10 behind me that didn't realize I was trying to turn and slammed into me

I though that's what blinker (turn signal) is for.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The thing was, it wasn't a huge fire, and we were able to flag someone down that happened to have a fire extinguisher on hand to put it out, the damage wasn't enough to get insurance involved, but it still would have cost us a fair but to get it back on the road. Friends told us we should have just let it burn.

I've seen three car fires so far and was in two of the cars that were on fire. I put out the last two. Fortunately I was a fair distance from the one that exploded.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Can you tell me where Dan said that? He set up that not-date for this Friday night back in Squirrel Prophet and had Sarah talk about it in Sister III already. I guess that means he doesn't have to show the not-date itself in Sister III, any more than Dan had to bring Ashley in to provide a witness for Magus.

48 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Can you tell me where Dan said that? He set up that not-date for this Friday night back in Squirrel Prophet and had Sarah talk about it in Sister III already. I guess that means he doesn't have to show the not-date itself in Sister III, any more than Dan had to bring Ashley in to provide a witness for Magus.

I'm speaking about what he said exactly in the comics where Sarah talks about the (not-)date.

Although there are more ways to interpret "As much as people might throw things at me for this, we're not suddenly shifting focus to Sarah and Sam's date, as that's not the focus of this story." I got the feeling the story might be Sister III and that it means we won't see the (not-)date until AFTER it.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I got the feeling the story might be Sister III and that it means we won't see the (not-)date until AFTER it.

And your feelings may be right, but not being Obi-wan Kenobi or Yoda I can't say whether you should trust your feeling.

I think what Dan may have had in mind by the end of So a Date at the Mall or even the end of Squirrel Prophet is that the various members of the main 8 scattered over Moperville tonight (except Ellen and Elliot) will all have vampire encounters tonight more or less simultaneously. It fits in with Sirleck's plan to keep them occupied and perhaps to keep them from reinforcing Adrian. That plan doesn't seem to be working perfectly since Susan is at the mall reasonably near Adrian, but perhaps Sirleck doesn't know Susan is a Slayer.

In fact, as far as we know, Susan is the only activated Slayer in Moperville. Edward, Cranium, and Wolf might be slayers but they've never killed anything we know about. I've already said I'm pretty sure Noah could kill an Aberration, but, again, hasn't killed anything in canon yet.

You know, I don't think Magus knows about Susan's powers at all--and he wouldn't have been present to spy on Nanase when she told Ashley (and everyone else present) that she'd help kill a vampire once because Elliot was there, which could and probably did mean that Helen and Demetrius were there too. And if they were still following Elliot when he went to the forest preserve with the griffins, they might have picked up that Nanase got angry when Lady Andrea revealed (more or less) that Helen and Demetrius were the same Immortals who had drafted Nanase and Susan into killing the vampire in France. The fact that Magus didn't get the reference to "Princess Power" seals the deal for me unless Dan makes it not so.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I've seen three car fires so far and was in two of the cars that were on fire. I put out the last two. Fortunately I was a fair distance from the one that exploded.

Note to self: Don't let Tom any where near any car I own, has borrowed or rented, unless I hate it, and then only after checking the insurance first...

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think what Dan may have had in mind by the end of So a Date at the Mall or even the end of Squirrel Prophet is that the various members of the main 8 scattered over Moperville tonight (except Ellen and Elliot) will all have vampire encounters tonight more or less simultaneously.

I hope not.  It would be nice if Sarah and Sam can have a nice, normal date.  Well, except for the dramatic tension about when and how Sarah will find out Sam is trans, and how she'll react.  I just hope Dan has learned enough to know not to increase the "Girls Who Have Kissed Sarah Count" when she and Sam kiss.  (Although I would like to see that count go up at some point, it would make a great Brick Joke if, say, one of the Griffins kisses her forehead in thanks and Dan sneaks that into the commentary.... ;-)

I've already said I'm pretty sure Noah could kill an Aberration, but, again, hasn't killed anything in canon yet.

He did kill the bulldog dragon, breaking its neck.  It just didn't stay broken.  Intent, execution, success -- as far as Noah's side of things goes, he did kill it.

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Intent, execution, success -- as far as Noah's side of things goes, he did kill it.

Actually Noah explained why he didn't kill it while he was still fighting it.

This sounds a line from the Politics thread.  How some Senator claims he did not kill the bill even though he opposed it every step of the way...

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This sounds a line from the Politics thread. 

Noah has no future in politics. Too open and honest.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think what Dan may have had in mind by the end of So a Date at the Mall or even the end of Squirrel Prophet is that the various members of the main 8 scattered over Moperville tonight (except Ellen and Elliot) will all have vampire encounters tonight more or less simultaneously. It fits in with Sirleck's plan to keep them occupied and perhaps to keep them from reinforcing Adrian.

Unlikely. Sirleck's plan isn't to keep main 8 occupied ; it's to keep the immortals (Helena and Demetrius) occupied, and maybe DGB. Of course Dan's plan still may be to show how everyone deals with vampires while scattered.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I hope not.  It would be nice if Sarah and Sam can have a nice, normal date.  Well, except for the dramatic tension about when and how Sarah will find out Sam is trans, and how she'll react.

Frankly, Sarah's best strategy for dealing with vampires is to run and call for help. She doesn't have any fighting capabilities.

In fact, as far as we know, Susan is the only activated Slayer in Moperville. Edward, Cranium, and Wolf might be slayers but they've never killed anything we know about. I've already said I'm pretty sure Noah could kill an Aberration, but, again, hasn't killed anything in canon yet.

EGS is not Buffy. Susan is only awakened weapon summoner we know of, sure. Edward and Wolf don't have specific summoning talent, but they are wizard and likely do have some anti-vampire spell learned. Adrian CERTAINLY does, if the Murder shroud wasn't it (summoned crows might be superefective against vampires). And there is nothing SPECIFIC about slaying vampires except the method used.

You know, I don't think Magus knows about Susan's powers at all--and he wouldn't have been present to spy on Nanase when she told Ashley (and everyone else present) that she'd help kill a vampire once because Elliot was there, which could and probably did mean that Helen and Demetrius were there too. And if they were still following Elliot when he went to the forest preserve with the griffins, they might have picked up that Nanase got angry when Lady Andrea revealed (more or less) that Helen and Demetrius were the same Immortals who had drafted Nanase and Susan into killing the vampire in France. The fact that Magus didn't get the reference to "Princess Power" seals the deal for me unless Dan makes it not so.

Technically, he MIGHT've been present when Susan told the story to Grace and Sarah - no immortals around. However, Elliot or Ellen also not around so what would he be doing there?

46 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
48 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

This sounds a line from the Politics thread. 

Noah has no future in politics. Too open and honest.

Also, his way of dealing with anger is to speak formally. What kind of voters he can get with such strategy?

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

What kind of voters he can get with such strategy?

Thinking Voters.

"Governor, you have the vote of every thinking person!" 
Spectator to Adlai Stevenson

To which Stevenson supposedly replied:
"That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Posted before I was finished writing

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

What kind of voters he can get with such strategy?

Thinking Voters.

"Governor, you have the vote of every thinking person!" 
Spectator to Adlai Stevenson

To which Stevenson supposedly replied:
"That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"

Exactly what I wanted to imply.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And there is nothing SPECIFIC about slaying vampires except the method used.

The only significant aspect of vampire hunters is that they can summon weapons that are effective against aberrations, that doesn't mean that non-vampire hunters can't kill aberrations, they'd just have more difficulty. Although we can note that Tara and Andrea were very capable of killing aberrations as well and they didn't claim to be vampire hunters. Noriko and her family in general are classed as monster hunters which likely include aberrations but their affinities might not have been specifically geared toward killing aberrations, could have been something else and then branched to include spells for killing aberrations later.  Abraham could summon a sword and shield, he probably had to learn how to do that in order to fight the monsters created by the diamond, no telling if one of those monsters was an aberration but I'm willing to bet his summoned sword can still be effective against them.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

the monsters created by the diamond, no telling if one of those monsters was an aberration

Hmmmm… what happens if Sirleck touches the Diamond?

2 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Hmmmm… what happens if Sirleck touches the Diamond?

As I speculated earlier, he might split into the (miserable excuse for the) human he was before giving up (what little) empathy he had and a body thief who could create more body thieves. All in all, not that funny.

OR:

The unprecedented situation destroys both Sirleck and the diamond. If this happens before Magus-Elliot touches the diamond...

Edited by Tom Sewell
Additional wicked thought.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, his way of dealing with anger is to speak formally. What kind of voters he can get with such strategy?

Once when I was working what was in part an internal customer-service desk, someone actually tried to launch an official complaint about me speaking formally.

(She made the mistake of telling her boss why I suddenly became rigidly polite. He... ahem... didn't respond formally, nor with rigid politeness. Afterward, he called my boss to praise me for handling the situation so well. And my boss told me about it.)

12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

All in all, not that funny.

Wasn't implying it would be, apologies if it came across that way.

The unprecedented situation destroys both Sirleck and the diamond. If this happens before Magus-Elliot touches the diamond...

Actually this is a revision I added only a few minutes ago. I think it's more likely than my earlier speculation because it is funny. It gets rid of Sirleck in a very appropriate way (his scheme to steal a better body ends with him with no body) and it leaves Magus merged with Elliot. Since Elliot is the most central character in Daniel Elliot Shive's webcomic, he's not going to just be missing in action for very long. Either he's going to be a voice inside Magus' mind, or their merged body is going to be alternately run by Magus and Elliot, a similiar dynamic to Elliot's uncontrolled gender switches. Plus it opens up a niche for Terra to come back into the story as yet another member of Elliot's harem.

To be fair, Elliot hasn't even caught up with Tenchi Muyo yet, and I think neither myself nor Dan will live long enough to have Elliot break the standard Negima! set for harem size.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin could barely make that premise amusing for the duration of one movie.

I can't even remember seeing that premise done decently. It is too often done for laughs in situations that are not really funny.