• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
6 hours ago, Scotty said:

she just has the memories of that Ellen, she herself had never been or came from there, she wouldn't have multiple consciousnesses from it.

Let's not assume that in a universe with magic, magic isn't part of every human. We've never seen Sirleck use anything like a spell yet, so it seems reasonable to assume he's never had a host with usable magic

Such assumption would be provably false as Tedd specifically said normal person has next to none spell resistance.

Ellen having higher resistance might be more plausible rather than the idea of having memories from multiple people, sure the memories might be confusing, especially in the case of Second Life Ellen, but they're still just memories.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

We're talking about someone who formulated and executed a way to get Tara to stop chasing Elliot. And also suggested to Nanase that Elliot's Cheerleadra form might count as a separate person when creating a Fair Doll. She's not dumb, and it's not like she is figuring this out herself, Magus is telling her about Ellen's origins, so my previous statement is more of a hindsight "So that's why the griffin thought she was oddly different" thing.  Diane wouldn't have enough information to make that deduction though, all she has is Tara's statement, and Ellen's "no offense meant to Elliot..." statement, if she were to learn about the Dewitchery Diamond though, I wouldn't doubt that things would click into place for her.

Oh, I wasn't meaning to imply Ashley is less intelligent, far from it.  It's just kinda been established that Susan and Diane's niche is not just deduction, but deducing from an extremely limited amount of information, to figure out far more than most people would be able to.  Ashley, on the other hand, is brilliant at seeing angles others have missed.  Distracting the griffin with a harmless but hard to ignore soccer ball.  Realizing that Magic might see Elliot and Cheerleadra as different people (which, given that different hair seemed to count for Nanase, makes perfect sense, but I don't think Ashley knew about that trick).

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

It definitely seems like "My existence is due to some bored Immortal jerking around Elliot's alternate?" kind of revelation.

But hey, at least Tedd's completely off the hook now....right?

You mean we might have to alter Standard Procedure??

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Though I'm not sure Tedd would feel right with having "those were the best mistakes I ever made" changed to "I was manipulated by my Grand Godmother into creating Ellen"

Eek, I know I don't want to see those words devalued.  That was a great scene.  And really, I don't think it does devalue the scene -- Tedd still let Ellen know that he thought she was important and valuable and worth the trouble.  They were great mistakes even if he had help making them. ;-)

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:
11 hours ago, Scotty said:

We're talking about someone who formulated and executed a way to get Tara to stop chasing Elliot. And also suggested to Nanase that Elliot's Cheerleadra form might count as a separate person when creating a Fair Doll. She's not dumb, and it's not like she is figuring this out herself, Magus is telling her about Ellen's origins, so my previous statement is more of a hindsight "So that's why the griffin thought she was oddly different" thing.  Diane wouldn't have enough information to make that deduction though, all she has is Tara's statement, and Ellen's "no offense meant to Elliot..." statement, if she were to learn about the Dewitchery Diamond though, I wouldn't doubt that things would click into place for her.

Oh, I wasn't meaning to imply Ashley is less intelligent, far from it.  It's just kinda been established that Susan and Diane's niche is not just deduction, but deducing from an extremely limited amount of information, to figure out far more than most people would be able to.  Ashley, on the other hand, is brilliant at seeing angles others have missed.  Distracting the griffin with a harmless but hard to ignore soccer ball.  Realizing that Magic might see Elliot and Cheerleadra as different people (which, given that different hair seemed to count for Nanase, makes perfect sense, but I don't think Ashley knew about that trick).

There is also different level of certainty involved. Ashley is somewhere in middle between Diane's deduction and Ellen's "what, did I solved something?".

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is also different level of certainty involved. Ashley is somewhere in middle between Diane's deduction and Ellen's "what, did I solved something?".

I would at least put her in the same class as Sarah, who figured out that Mr Raven was Box's son.

Could be, although Ashley was faster. In those two cases which is ridiculously low number of data points for any serious comparison but hey who's serious here? :)