• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Story, Friday November 24, 2017

Yup. Also, by the looks of it, Demetrius and Helena mistook Magus for an Aberration--note the reference to them saying that "his time was already over". One wonders if this too is part of Voltaire's scheme.

Ashley: "We've been on one date."

Sure, you met griffins on that date and got lot of opportunities to ask but you didn't wanted to pry.

Hmmm ... Magus, "they are siblings ... sort of" doesn't even count as attempt for save after you directly said "Ellen is a female duplicate of Elliot created by the dewitchery diamond".

On the other hand, he sort of MUST explain this part because it's closely related to how he plans to split from Elliot.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

So Magus followed Nanase to France?

Did you though he followed Susan? What's new is that apparently Helena and Demetrius originally followed Magus and not Nanase to get to France.

So, Magus doesn't know WHAT made them reset improperly ... or at least doesn't want to admit it.

... what or WHO, right Pandora?

26 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Those two just keep looking worse and worse.

Well seems noone actually LIKED Magus, but yes, this didn't improved their reputation. All the speculations about them wanting to awaken Nanase for Greater good is diminished by the fact they wouldn't even BE there if not following Magus ... seems that them being old enough to think Nanase and Susan counts as adult is going to be best defense they will have.

Also ... we now don't know if they actually follow Elliot to protect him, as a lead to Magus ... or if they MISTOOK Elliot for Magus.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, by the looks of it, Demetrius and Helena mistook Magus for an Aberration--note the reference to them saying that "his time was already over".

For obsessive vampire hunters, they didn't know their Aberrations very well if that is true. I assumed they just thought he was a ghost.

Seriously, Magus followed Nanase to France? Yes, that ties together the tale Magus is telling, but, honestly, doesn't it scream retcon?

Why would Magus focus on Nanase at all almost two years before Ellen would be created? If Elliot was already dating Nanase, maybe, but was Elliot even going to Greg's dojo then? And if Nanase was going steady with Elliot that far back, where does that leave room for all of Nanase's G-team boyfriends?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Did you though he followed Susan? What's new is that apparently Helena and Demetrius originally followed Magus and not Nanase to get to France.

Susan wouldn't really have been part of the equation at that point, in terms of being connected to Elliot that is, Elliot was dating Nanase so Magus probably overheard her at some point mention the trip and thought it'd be a good way to lose Helena and Demetrius.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Seriously, Magus followed Nanase to France? Yes, that ties together the tale Magus is telling, but, honestly, doesn't it scream retcon?

Well Helena, Demetrius and Magus were all introduced introduced at roughly the same time, well Magus was 4 months after Helena and Demetrius, but I'm pretty sure Dan already had Magus planned when he started the lead up to Grace's birthday. Helena and Demetrius had stated they couldn't remember why they were in France, they felt it didn't make sense they would have followed Nanase or Susan, so having it revealed that they actually followed Magus wouldn't likely be a retcon.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Helena and Demetrius had stated they couldn't remember why they were in France, they felt it didn't make sense they would have followed Nanase or Susan, so having it revealed that they actually followed Magus wouldn't likely be a retcon.

Yes--except I'm afraid that sidesteps the question of why Magus followed Nanase.

Hmmm. Things are slowly coming together and they seem to be pointing a finger at Colonel Sanders. Notice the Immortal attacking Magus here? That could well be Sanders. If it was somehow important for Sanders to keep Magus from escaping his ghost state, that could potentially explain a lot. Sanders could have set other Immortals against Magus, for example by telling them that Magus is a body snatcher aberration. It also might provide a new motive for Sanders wanting to kill Elliot. With Elliot dead, that would slam the door on the one escape plan Magus had. Also notice that as soon as Sanders gave up on killing Elliot, he opened plan CM by trying to manipulate Sirleck. Whether plan CM is meant to prevent Magus from completing his almost finished escape or to somehow render it moot is uncertain.

Aside: The key reason for his no longer wanting to kill Elliot might be that with his part in the murder plans revealed, it would be too dangerous for him to finish them. Immortal or not, making enemies of all of Elliot's friends could not possibly make existence easier for him.

46 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yes--except I'm afraid that sidesteps the question of why Magus followed Nanase.

He himself said that it was to get out of the path of Les Immortels (who have now sadly been revealed to be non-French) but had not expected them to follow him. I see no reason to disbelieve him.

24 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

He himself said that it was to get out of the path of Les Immortels (who have now sadly been revealed to be non-French) but had not expected them to follow him. I see no reason to disbelieve him.

That still does not explain why NANASE. Magus has only had one interaction with Nanase before this: Being mad at her after she was sharp with Ellen when Ellen was upset with Nanase for cutting her hair. Why would Magus have to follow anyone just to get far away from Moperville long enough for Helen and Demetrius to forget about him?

Edited by Tom Sewell
Correction

12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That still does not explain why NANASE. Magus has only had one interaction with Nanase before this: Being mad at her after she was sharp with Ellen when Ellen was upset with Nanase for cutting her hair. Why would Magus have to follow anyone just to get far away from Moperville long enough for Helen and Demetrius to forget about him?

Because she was going to France and France is far away from Moperville? Or maybe because he had to/wanted to latch on to someone and didn't want to just follow some random person who had no connection to Elliot and Moperville at all.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Because she was going to France and France is far away from Moperville? Or maybe because he had to/wanted to latch on to someone and didn't want to just follow some random person who had no connection to Elliot and Moperville at all.

Maybe and maybe, but there's no foreshadowing of either, and, as I pointed out, there's no proof that Elliot even knew Nanase at all that long ago. He couldn't have met her when she was visiting Tedd because he didn't know she was Tedd's cousin until after they broke up. If Dan made up this as a patch to explain why Magus wasn't able to create Ellen when Helen and Demetrius were in France, he's opened up another plot hole in doing it unless he has a plausible justification on the way. One might begin with Ashley asking "Why Nanase?"

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

but there's no foreshadowing of either, and, as I pointed out, there's no proof that Elliot even knew Nanase at all that long ago.

Actually, Elliot knew Nanase from ASMA before the France trip, because Elliot rescued Justin during Freshman year, and Justin revealed that Elliot introduced him to Nanase shortly after that fight, Justin also has a flashback showing the introduction, he's seen still wearing the bandaid Elliot gave him. The France trip was the summer after Freshman year, so yeah Elliot knew Nanase already,

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe and maybe, but there's no foreshadowing of either, and, as I pointed out, there's no proof that Elliot even knew Nanase at all that long ago. He couldn't have met her when she was visiting Tedd because he didn't know she was Tedd's cousin until after they broke up. If Dan made up this as a patch to explain why Magus wasn't able to create Ellen when Helen and Demetrius were in France, he's opened up another plot hole in doing it unless he has a plausible justification on the way. One might begin with Ashley asking "Why Nanase?"

Hm. I personally am not upset by it but I can follow your reasoning. Mind you, Nanase was already doing ASMA at the time, as Scotty showed in the above post, so at least we have a link between Elliot and Nanase. Still, I agree that it couldn't hurt to get it fleshed out a bit at some point.

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Actually, Elliot knew Nanase from ASMA before the France trip, because Elliot rescued Justin during Freshman year, and Justin revealed that Elliot introduced him to Nanase shortly after that fight, Justin also has a flashback showing the introduction, he's seen still wearing the bandaid Elliot gave him. The France trip was the summer after Freshman year, so yeah Elliot knew Nanase already,

Points made. Elliot knew Nanase when she went to France and she'd been training with Greg. But as the Old Hack seems to agree, we still don't have a better reason for Magus to follow Nanase than maybe "As long as I'm getting out of town, why not follow that red-headed girl who looks so much like Terra?"

A new thought--and not about Nanase, I promise.

This week we've found out that four of the five Immortals in the current cast of EGS were mixed up with Magus since sometime in Elliot's fresshman year. Old Jerry seems to be the only exception... so far.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Points made. Elliot knew Nanase when she went to France and she'd been training with Greg. But as the Old Hack seems to agree, we still don't have a better reason for Magus to follow Nanase than maybe "As long as I'm getting out of town, why not follow that red-headed girl who looks so much like Terra?"

I think Magus already knew that Tedd was the AU equivalent of Terra at that point, I'm not sure if he would have know if Nanase was Tedd's cousin though, since Elliot didn't know until after Nanase broke up with him. I think the idea that he overheard Nanase mentioning France to Elliot, and even Dan said in the commentary that Magus wanted to be able to get back to Moperville easily, and apparently it will be clarified in the next Q&A...

(Also he totally misspelled wanted as wasted.)

Anyway, as Hack pointed out, Voltaire was recently shown to have been tormenting Magus early on as well, if Voltaire was also trying to get at Tedd, maybe he somehow mislead Helena and Demetrius into thinking that Magus was bad news, made it so that they wouldn't trust anything Magus said, I mean, that's what he did with Tara so could he also trick fellow Immortals?

Another possibility for Helena and Demetrius going after Magus like that would go back to my theory about them being the "friends" that Edward said he would ask for assistance in investigating Pandora's appearance in the forest, and maybe her warning about the egg and hawk made Helena and Demetrius assume the worst in Magus if it was revealed to them that he was what Pandora was referring too.

Dan addresses why Magus followed Nanase in the commentary. He knew following her would be a round trip leading him back to Moperville afterward, and by following her he could hitch a ride on the airplane, which is probably a lot faster than he can move on his own.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

maybe her warning about the egg and hawk made Helena and Demetrius assume the worst in Magus if it was revealed to them that he was what Pandora was referring too.

But was it really Pandora who gave that "warning?" I believe I brought up that possibility before.

2 minutes ago, Douglas said:

Dan addresses why Magus followed Nanase in the commentary. He knew following her would be a round trip leading him back to Moperville afterward, and by following her he could hitch a ride on the airplane, which is probably a lot faster than he can move on his own.

Seems reasonable. Plus, being disembodied, being crammed into coach seating wouldn't be an issue.

I still haven't completely digested Dan's commentary for this one.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

BTW, just noticed: Magus specifically said there were in PARIS. New info!

Not new, it was known in the first Sister arc.

BTW, no one's commented on how Magus reacts to realizing that Ashley wasn't in the know about Ellen's origins, and how he attempts to convince Ashley to not let this info affect her relationship with Elliot. Certainly not something a bad guy would do, right? ;)

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

But was it really Pandora who gave that "warning?" I believe I brought up that possibility before.

Yeah, that's still up in the air to be a potential twist.

Hey, I just noticed the context of the "bloody" in the "bloody list" of Magus' in the second panel: Magus is a Brit! Even if he could drive a car, he'd instinctively drive on the wrong side of the road for the States.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hey, I just noticed the context of the "bloody" in the "bloody list" of Magus' in the second panel: Magus is a Brit! Even if he could drive a car, he'd instinctively drive on the wrong side of the road for the States.

Maybe his universe didn't have the American Revolution and the US is still a part of the British Empire?

Or maybe the war did happen but the Americans lost?