• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Patreon: Saturday November 25 2017

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cool-off-and-be-15548871

Elliot looks really cute like that. And that ending - I really hope there's a sequel comic!

(I have to say I was really surprised to come to the forums and find there wasn't a thread for this comic yet, when it had been up for hours. What, there isn't anybody on the forums with nothing better to do than check for updates 24/7? :P)

I was going to post a thread for this, but wasn't quite awake yet (just finished my second coffee in the past hour and a half).

Anyway, I almost didn't catch that the Ice Pop vendor was Tedd, makes the last panel more amusing.

9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cool-off-and-be-15548871

Elliot looks really cute like that. And that ending - I really hope there's a sequel comic!

Agree with both points.

However, I would like to note that from the point of cooling off, changing to part dog is counterproductive: dogs have considerably worse heat regulation system than humans. In fact, humans have one of the best heat regulation system on Earth, as we are optimized to chase antelopes until they drop dead from heat exhaustion.

This is longest transformation sequence comics we got, isn't it? Wait ... actually, the transformation is just five panels as usually, there is no additional transformation in last three.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

However, I would like to note that from the point of cooling off, changing to part dog is counterproductive: dogs have considerably worse heat regulation system than humans. In fact, humans have one of the best heat regulation system on Earth, as we are optimized to chase antelopes until they drop dead from heat exhaustion.

Well, Dan does say that whether Elliot has fur or not is open to interpretation; if he doesn't have fur then he probably would still retain the human body cooling abilities. Plus, now he has less clothing in the way of that cooling system.

I think this will help keep Elliot cool because she will now find a shady place to relax until later in the afternoon.

As long as she isn't foaming at the mouth, of course.

Because as we all know, only Mad Dogs (and Englishmen) go out in the mid-day sun.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, Dan does say that whether Elliot has fur or not is open to interpretation; if he doesn't have fur then he probably would still retain the human body cooling abilities.

Right.

Plus, now he has less clothing in the way of that cooling system.

I don't think thin clothes which already doesn't cover hands and legs really are in the way. If anything, wet thin clothes HELPS with cooling. :)

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does Cognitive Dissonance also apply to persons who are temporarily inhabiting incompatible species?

"I am used to this chaos, so I could care less." I say yes.

1703?Yeesh.

17 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why didn't I realize this at first?

The edible part of the popsicle is just an ordinary frozen treat.

Tedd is a wand maker.  The transformation spell is in the stick.

No: Tedd is experimenting with indirect enchantments. The stick is wand which transforms ordinary frozen treat into magical treat which transforms people.

11 hours ago, Stature said:

Catboy and Dog-girl. Elliott will have an internal mass hysteria. :demonicduck:

I don't think Elliot's catboy form has any affect on him or his mind when he's not in it. <_<

21 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Although she is fetching.

I didn't see him throw anything....  ;-)

Hmm, can Tedd turn a stick into a wand while it's already got something else attached to it?  If so, why stop with popsicles?  Although the true utility of that feature would depend on whether he's limited to wooden sticks, or whether a wand can be metal or plastic....

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Although the true utility of that feature would depend on whether he's limited to wooden sticks, or whether a wand can be metal or plastic....

Considering Tedd's TF watches are technically wands, I'd say they can be made out of whatever their maker wants them to be made out of.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
17 hours ago, Stature said:

Catboy and Dog-girl. Elliott will have an internal mass hysteria. :demonicduck:

I don't think Elliot's catboy form has any affect on him or his mind when he's not in it. <_<

Agree.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Although the true utility of that feature would depend on whether he's limited to wooden sticks, or whether a wand can be metal or plastic....

Considering Tedd's TF watches are technically wands, I'd say they can be made out of whatever their maker wants them to be made out of.

The watches don't "have battery", can't store energy. We don't know if there is some limit like only wood being able to store energy, or maybe only organic material ... on the other hand, plastic is technically dead plankton. Sure, dead for millions of years but it may still work.

Anyway, Tedd certainly can turn metal or plastic to wand, but we don't know if such wand would work outside Moperville (for someone who's not already magic user).

What we know about the limits on the watches, as I recall, is that they can't store much energy because they are too small.

Which doesn't mean that other constraints aren't possible - some materials DO have greater energy-storage potential than others.

It appears like each lick advances the transformation. The question is, does it stop when you reach the point Elliot is at? Or when you reach a more animal-like anthro-dog form? Or does it go all the way to full dog? This would be something important to know before trying to eat the whole thing.

Speaking of which...

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of Tedd's  "Cool Off And Be Hot" Pops?

The world may never know.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

It appears like each lick advances the transformation. The question is, does it stop when you reach the point Elliot is at? Or when you reach a more animal-like anthro-dog form? Or does it go all the way to full dog? This would be something important to know before trying to eat the whole thing.

Actually, it seems Elliot was completely half-dog after one or two licks and what advanced then was only the girl part (also clothes keep changing, but not advancing). I mean, he didn't get more dog-like after that.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, it seems Elliot was completely half-dog after one or two licks and what advanced then was only the girl part (also clothes keep changing, but not advancing). I mean, he didn't get more dog-like after that.

It looks to me like Elliot made only two (long, slow) licks: one in panels 2 & 3, and one in 4 & 5. The first lick left him with dog ears, a female figure, skimpier clothing, and slightly lighter skin and hair. The second lick enhanced his figure, completed the transformation of his clothes into a bikini, gave him a tail, lengthened his hair, and changed his skin(fur?) and hair to an even lighter shade.

49 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It looks to me like Elliot made only two (long, slow) licks: one in panels 2 & 3, and one in 4 & 5. The first lick left him with dog ears, a female figure, skimpier clothing, and slightly lighter skin and hair. The second lick enhanced his figure, completed the transformation of his clothes into a bikini, gave him a tail, lengthened his hair, and changed his skin(fur?) and hair to an even lighter shade.

Hmmm ... true, he didn't have tail in third panel ...

Although if it were just two slow licks, obviously "lick" is bad unit of measure as the transformation happens during it.