• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story: Monday Nov 27, 2017

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sirleck definitely doesn't. Meanwhile, Magus might not know that the immortal Sirleck targeted is Raven. Or him not mentioning it to Sirleck is his way to kill Sirleck.

Yeah, I think Magus deliberately isn't telling Sirleck that the info he got about Adrian's Immortal parent is false, so that Sirleck would end up facing the wrath of Pandora, though Magus is kinda at risk as well if Pandora decides he's at fault for letting Sirleck go through with it. I know Pandora's probably thinking she should go easy on Magus since she put him through hell with this whole plan and the way she left him hanging, but she might forget all that in her rage if Adrian died.

Also, MAGUS doesn't know Pandora is thinking this.

There is usually bonus for backstabbing in RPGs. Also, I totally expect they would offer to mark her even if it wouldn't help in this encounter.

They'd have to get through Susan first, and I'm betting Jerry2.0 is nearby as well, although....and I'm not entirely sure if it's possible given his current age (and it does make me wonder if it's possible given Helena and Demetrius' current age too) that he could even do so, it would be interesting if he ended up offering to mark Diane, and then later realize he just did what Helena and Demetrius did to Susan back in France.

Waaait ... if Helena and Demetrius offer mark to Diane, Jerry would likely see that ... what he would say?

I believe Edward, Adrian, Wolf, Nanase and Susan makes any city below million citizens loaded, compared to average situation.

Grace is apparently capable and willing as well. Noah might also be able.

I'm not entirely sure about Grace (unless they piss her off), but Noah definitely.

Second, totally predict some "rogue" immortal who doesn't hate aberrations. I don't think guiding someone to become aberration is against rules. Or, maybe some immortal is offering a way to become aberration as a trap and then totally plans to kill that aberration ... but maybe doesn't always succeed.

I was hinting at the idea of Voltaire maybe fitting the bill as such an Immortal if it didn't break Immortal laws to guide people to becoming aberrations.

Hmmmm ... we didn't saw Voltaire's opinion on aberrations, that's true ...

Though if doing so as a trap would be tricky since they would have to have a vampire hunter or someone capable on hand to deal with it, not sure if it'd be worth the trouble, but as you said, there might have been unsuccessful attempts.

I don't think it would be harder than what Helena and Demetrius are doing.

Yearning might also be an option, however I would also expect there are books on the topic. Or another aberration may tell you how, if you find some.

Given what Pandora said earlier about the lack of written knowledge about magic since the last reset, it'd likely be very difficult to find anything written down about how to become a vampire, though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was a case of a method being written in Bram Stoker's Dracula or something that would normally not be taken seriously by the majority of people but a few did.

The lack of written knowledge AFTER the reset. Pandora specifically said she believes that everything written about magic was written by seers and nothing was added since.

I would suppose that popular books would be checked by DGB and similar organizations for case something there would work. Less popular books, meanwhile ...

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe it's similar to how Nanase can take possession of her fairy dolls, by sending her consciousness into it, a body snatcher could probably do the same to another person, but for body snatchers like Sirleck, their original body probably died long ago and their consciousness manifested into a new form.

This made me think, back in Painted Black during the fight with Vlad Nanase used her fairy doll spell when she was falling to what she thought would be her death, in the hope she could live on in her Fairy Doll form. If things had worked out that way, I bet some Immortals would have mistaken Nanase for an aberration.

Hmmmmmmm ... on one hand, the fairy would be totally and unmistakably not human, on other, some immortals might really not spend too much time thinking about it ... like, Helena and Demetrius when pursuing Magus. In fack, Magus and Nanase with her body dead might totally be considered same kind of beings.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

and then later realize he just did what Helena and Demetrius did to Susan back in France.

Diane and Susan now are significantly older and (hopefully) more mature than Susan was during the Paris trip. In fact they are of military age in most countries.

I was commenting multiple times that Helena and Voltaire likely base their knowledge of military age on somewhat obsolete informations, like French Revolutionary Wars or Napoleonic Wars.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Also there is a profound difference between marking someone so they can go hunt a vampire, and marking someone so they can deal with the vampire that is right over there and about to attack.

First, Susan might genuinely be at risk of running into that same vampire next day again even if she wouldn't search for him.

Second, Diane would likely not be so effective if this freshly marked.

So yes, there is a difference, but it might not be the difference you would expect.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Also there is a profound difference between marking someone so they can go hunt a vampire, and marking someone so they can deal with the vampire that is right over there and about to attack.

Nanase didn't take the idea of the two Immortals getting Andrea to kill vampires very well, Susan likely still has strong feeling about it too. And while it has been a week since Diane was attacked (compared to a few hours after Susan was attack) having Helena and Demetrius show up and be like "hey, we heard you were attacked by a vampire before, well, there's more of them in this mall so you could be in danger. We could give you the ability to fight them if you want." wouldn't be much different from Susan's perspective.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would suppose that popular books would be checked by DGB and similar organizations for case something there would work. Less popular books, meanwhile ...

There could also have been rewrites of certain parts in later printings, but original copies might have slipped past DGB or other organizations.

I was commenting multiple times that Helena and Voltaire likely base their knowledge of military age on somewhat obsolete informations, like French Revolutionary Wars or Napoleonic Wars.

Thing is, Helena and Demetrius aren't french, they followed Magus to France, got reset there, and when their new selves respawned in France, they picked up the language before returning to Moperville, they might have been posing as exchange students when we first saw them.

Point is, their previous selves should have known that what's considered military age in other countries would not apply to Susan and Nanase.

Pretty sure Magus knows this, since Pandora attacked him very shortly after revealing that Abraham had "hurt my son."

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Thing is, Helena and Demetrius aren't french, they followed Magus to France, 

They aren't French now, but they started out speaking French.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Nanase didn't take the idea of the two Immortals getting Andrea to kill vampires very well, Susan likely still has strong feeling about it too. And while it has been a week since Diane was attacked (compared to a few hours after Susan was attack) having Helena and Demetrius show up and be like "hey, we heard you were attacked by a vampire before, well, there's more of them in this mall so you could be in danger. We could give you the ability to fight them if you want." wouldn't be much different from Susan's perspective.

Exactly. It might still be good idea to allow it, but at least Susan would get suspicious and would have questions like why they didn't contacted Edward instead.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There could also have been rewrites of certain parts in later printings, but original copies might have slipped past DGB or other organizations.

That is possible.

Thing is, Helena and Demetrius aren't french, they followed Magus to France, got reset there, and when their new selves respawned in France, they picked up the language before returning to Moperville, they might have been posing as exchange students when we first saw them.

Point is, their previous selves should have known that what's considered military age in other countries would not apply to Susan and Nanase.

Napoleonic wars affected whole Europe. But ok, some alternatives: First Barbary War, US occupation of West Florida, War of 1812 (actually, that one counts as part of Napoleonic Wars in Britain), Second Barbary War ...

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Pretty sure Magus knows this, since Pandora attacked him very shortly after revealing that Abraham had "hurt my son."

Magus doesn't know Pandora is thinking she should go easy on Magus since she put him through hell with this whole plan and the way she left him hanging I meant.

Also, it's 12th chapter, why do you have it in directory 07? :)

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Magus doesn't know Pandora is thinking she should go easy on Magus since she put him through hell with this whole plan and the way she left him hanging I meant.

Yes, Magus doesn't know, and Pandora should have tried to make amends a long time ago. She was already feeling ashamed of what she'd done when she visited her son in hospital. But then Adrian got in her face, and Pandora decided to make an apocolypse. As far as we know, that's what's she was concentrating on  until five days ago, when she met the Emissary of Magic inside Grace's mind.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Grace actually has some buried memory of that, since Pandora was inside of Grace's dream.

46 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Because it was in Directory 07, and it's actually in Directory 14, at least in my archives.

If you're curious, or even if you're not, here's what the directory of my archives for canon material looks like:

1: Four Boys, Three Girls 2002-01-21, 1

2: Sister (I) 2002-05-26, 126

3: Friends 2003-03-03, 284

4: Painted Black 2003-10-13, 437

5: Party of Eight 2004-08-02, 569

6: Hidden Genesis 2007-01-01, 820

7: Sister II: Awakenings 2008-04-18, 909

8: Bringing Silly Back 2010-03-01, 1061

9: 9001% Serious 2011-08-01, 1296

10: Summer 2012-03-05, 1404

Marker/Escape From the Mall 2016-07-22, np490

This canon NP arc (actually two, but they form a continuous story) all take place at the Moperville Mall either on Halloween or a few days before it.

11: The Dawn 2013-02-04, 1555

12: Squirrel Prophet 2014-03-10, 1824

Playing With Dolls2014-08-04, np181

Takes place the same day as So a Date at the Mall

13: So a Date at the Mall 2015-03-02, 2023

Question Mark

This story also takes on the same day as So a Date at the Mall and starts immediately after the last page of Squirrel Prophet, specifially when Sarah rises after sleep and discovers she has a magic mark. Her sister comes over for dinner in the middle of the story, so that part has to take place before Carol Brown rushes into the Mall just after the griffin leaves, Chearleadra leaves, and the various Immortals vanish. But then Sarah gets a visit from Pandora when she was about to go to sleep...

14: Sister III: Catspaws 2016-07-04, 2210

This is the ongoing arc, just a year old as I write.

More Canon Newspaper Strips

Zombie Plans

This small arc hasn't been given a specific time, but it seems to take place in winter or late fall by the way the characters are dressed. Maybe the most significant contribution to the main story line is that Susan calls Tedd's dad at work, the only instance of direct contact between these two major characters to date.

MV5

Sarah, Grace, and Ellen create male-themed tranformations as counterparts for the FV5 “Venus” form. Dan says that this takes place before Squirrel Prophet, but not long before. Since Sarah seems to already have broken up with Elliot, it would probably be after Christmas but before school began again, and maybe before Family Ties. Susan makes a cameo by phone.

Ellen Demonstrates

This arc, in progress as I write, is sort of half-canon. The action isn't “real”, but the information about magic is. It's pretty much a Q&A without being called a Q&A.

Magic Comic Shop

Dan said this was canon a long time ago, but Nanase being a fairy in front of Bill, Duck, and the rest of the Junior High geek squad doesn't seem like something that's stayed in canon. It's a lot of fun, though.

Not a Date at the Mall

This arc follows Magic Comic Shop in story time and in the newspaper series. Nanase, Ellen, and Justin go to the mall.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

She was already feeling ashamed of what she'd done when she visited her son in hospital. But then Adrian got in her face, and Pandora decided to make an apocolypse.

I don't think she was ashamed back then. And she definitely already though about the apocalypse ... like, the clog was already in place.

As far as we know, that's what's she was concentrating on  until five days ago, when she met the Emissary of Magic inside Grace's mind.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Grace actually has some buried memory of that, since Pandora was inside of Grace's dream.

She was in Grace's dreamscape but I don't think it was actually dream and Grace wasn't around. Still, yes, she MIGHT have some memory. I don't think she will access it, though.

Because it was in Directory 07, and it's actually in Directory 14, at least in my archives.

You mean Dan had it in directory 7 at some time? That must've been before I started reading ...

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

If you're curious, or even if you're not, here's what the directory of my archives for canon material looks like:

I was mostly making fun of your use of link to your HDD.