• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

Story Wednesday, November 29, 2017

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2429

"Not long before" ... can still be half hour.

Aaaand seems that Jerry failed to find any unconspicuous way to warn them.

(Also, Diane is talking about boys and Susan is getting suspicious ...)

I'm sure someone who knows Diane told Susan about her date life.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2429

Well, the girls finally got to the food court, but someone suggests a change of plans...

Indeed, that being "Run!"

...does Susan know Nanase's history?

...actually, now that I think about it did Susan make Nanase's history?  An innocent "oh, you're a lesbian?" at fifteen leading to two years of makeouts of cognitive dissonance...

If Helen and Demetrius won't be at Elliot's house not long from now to catch Sirleck zapping Elliot, and Sirleck sent six vampires after Adrian, where do you think Helen and Demetrius are now?  

5 hours ago, partner555 said:

Indeed, that being "Run!"

Knowing Susan, I suspect that is not going to happen. She might suggest to Diane that she run, mind you, but whether Diane will run if Susan stays I really don't know. I don't think so, but I am not sure. Temporarily retreat maybe, but leave?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Knowing Susan, I suspect that is not going to happen. She might suggest to Diane that she run, mind you, but whether Diane will run if Susan stays I really don't know. I don't think so, but I am not sure. Temporarily retreat maybe, but leave?

I agree that I don't think Diane would leave Susan, but perhaps she would try to reason with Susan to leave?  To take cover and call for help?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Yea... That's some seriously bad timing, though Jerry didn't really have much choice in the matter. But even at the best of times having some strange guy (I'm guessing she haven't met Jerry 2.0 yet, and I doubt she can see the resemblance, at least not at a glance) barging in and telling her to get the #@%! out of the mall would have Susan question his sanity. And to do so when she's upset at the thought of Dianes dates trying to decide what she's eating... Not a good idea.

You have some fast talking to do Jerry, and not a lot of time to do so if you want to avoid the wrath of Susan. Oh, and after this I'd say getting her to leave the mall would take a small miracle.

Will Susan recognize Jerry?
It would have helped if he wore the hat.

But the troubling thing for me is that I can never develop a relationship with Diane.
She likes Pasta.  And I eat Antipasta.

But regarding the troubling social commentary at the start of the comic, I never really understood the need for one adult to place the order for another healthy adult at the restaurant.  I understand the need to order for children.  And we needed to order for my mother as her dementia progressed.  But is the medical condition of "Female" really as debilitating as "Child" or "Incoherent"?

Not to mention, I have had many meals ruined because the waiter messed up some detail of my order between the table and the kitchen.  I don't want to take the blame for ruining your meal because I messed up some detail at the table.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

If Helen and Demetrius won't be at Elliot's house not long from now to catch Sirleck zapping Elliot, and Sirleck sent six vampires after Adrian, where do you think Helen and Demetrius are now?  

Good question... I would think Helen and Demetrius would be tracking the vampires.  Main target is Adrian, they have identified Susan and Diane as potential hunters, would the vampires split up?  If so, one option would be for the Wonder Twins to split up as well, to provide support, but they seem to like sticking together, and honestly, have a habit of pushing young poeple to become vampire hunters, so I would think they might not be far behind Jerry.

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan might not, but Diane might say something.  Perhaps Jerry is trying to not be recognized?

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But regarding the troubling social commentary at the start of the comic, I never really understood the need for one adult to place the order for another healthy adult at the restaurant.  I understand the need to order for children.  And we needed to order for my mother as her dementia progressed.  But is the medical condition of "Female" really as debilitating as "Child" or "Incoherent"?

No, but perhaps being Male is... nah, too easy.

Regarding ordering for another adult, I can only speak on my behalf, but I will order for my wife AFTER she tells me what she wants, because it's easier for one person to deal with the waitperson, and for some reason, I am better at remember orders than she is.  Why is this important?  Because then I have to tell the waitperson what our four kids want as well.  And honestly, the hardest part of this exercise is to get all of the kids to decide on something in a reasonable amount of time.  BUT, this arrangement was something we came up with.  I can't even imagine presuming to order for someone else on a date.

Sister 3, Part 22 - Apocalypse

As in, Pandora's Apocalypse? Is this battle going to be so obvious and public that the world can no longer deny the existence of magic? This is going to be some crazy battle, then.

When the idea of the Magic Reset was introduced, I figured it was just another threat for the heroes to fight against, and an excuse to keep the Masquerade going. However, I'm starting to think it might actually happen (and fairly soon, too). I'm a little surprised; Dan went through so much time and effort to explain the current magic system, it seems a little odd to throw it all away and start over.

On the other hand, I'd love it if the Masquerade was done away with permanently. I really loved it early on in the comic when the characters were using magic (including ASMA tricks) in public and it seemed public knowledge that Tedd was a mad scientist; I was disappointed when the characters started taking the Masquerade seriously.

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not to mention, I have had many meals ruined because the waiter messed up some detail of my order between the table and the kitchen.  I don't want to take the blame for ruining your meal because I messed up some detail at the table.

In my experience, when people go out to eat as a group and one person is paying for the entire order, often times that person will place the order for everyone. The only reason I can think of is what Tuscohoma said, that it's easier for one person to deal with the waiter (though honestly I don't see how it makes that big of a difference).

As for the date situation, there's probably also a bit of "Chivalry" involved - after all a "true gentleman" is supposed to do everything for the woman he's courting (and other women as well), even things she can easily do herself.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But the troubling thing for me is that I can never develop a relationship with Diane.

It's "antepasto" meaning "before pasta" for those of  you without three years of high school Latin. "ante", not "anti", as in "status quo ante" or "antebellum".

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Maybe not, but Diane will.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

When the idea of the Magic Reset was introduced, I figured it was just another threat for the heroes to fight against, and an excuse to keep the Masquerade going. However, I'm starting to think it might actually happen (and fairly soon, too). I'm a little surprised; Dan went through so much time and effort to explain the current magic system, it seems a little odd to throw it all away and start over.

Maybe not. Look at how much effort Dan is putting into making rules for Goomanji 2. Clearly he loves games, and he loves writing rules. Having the apocalypse actually happens allows him to write a completely revised rule set for El Goonish Shive (Second Edition) without being accused of more retconning. And with Tedd, he's created a potential in-story agent to make the new rules.

Does anyone here remember how different the world of Negima! was by the end of the last volume?

On the other hand, Dan has put more than a year of work that we know of into creating a credible scheme to stop Pandora's apocalypse. My magic 8-ball is definitely showing "Reply Hazy".

Speaking of Negima! the way people in the world reacted to each other may have changed but the PHYSICAL LAWS GOVERNING THE UNVERSE DID NOT CHANGE. This is why I say magic is an asshole. Imagine if everytim human kind got close to working out the rules of physics god changed how they worked.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe not. Look at how much effort Dan is putting into making rules for Goomanji 2. Clearly he loves games, and he loves writing rules. Having the apocalypse actually happens allows him to write a completely revised rule set for El Goonish Shive (Second Edition) without being accused of more retconning. And with Tedd, he's created a potential in-story agent to make the new rules.

Does anyone here remember how different the world of Negima! was by the end of the last volume?

On the other hand, Dan has put more than a year of work that we know of into creating a credible scheme to stop Pandora's apocalypse. My magic 8-ball is definitely showing "Reply Hazy".

Clearly the stakes are already high, with our main characters under the threat of mortal danger, but now, the Magic Reset is nigh.  Honestly, I don't see quite we can avoid a reset with vampires paid to kill someone and encourage to damage property and the target is in a mall.  I think the real danger is when will the reset happen, like will it happen in the middle of the fight?  Also, will a reset affect vampires as well?  If so, then we might have confusion but both sides will be disadvantaged.  Except for the immortals, I presume, though that would be interesting if the immortals had to relearn rules as well.

The Moderator: I've seen quite a bit of double posts recently. While I know that I am ordinarily relaxed about these, it is getting to be a bit much. I request of posters that if they wish to add a sentence or two to a recent post and nothing new has been posted in the meantime, please use the Edit function to add to your most recent post rather than posting a new one.

~tOH.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

"Not long before" ... can still be half hour.

I think Ashley might have been asleep for more than half an hour, Magus and Sirleck had to get her into the car and they seemed to have been driving for a little bit before she woke up, we could have rewound an hour back, maybe more.

Aaaand seems that Jerry failed to find any unconspicuous way to warn them.

Yeah, definitely not as subtle as he was New Years Eve, I wonder why? ;)

(Also, Diane is talking about boys and Susan is getting suspicious ...)

2 hours ago, partner555 said:

I'm sure someone who knows Diane told Susan about her date life.

Not really, Justin considered it, but decided he didn't want to prejudice Susan.

3 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:
4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I agree that I don't think Diane would leave Susan, but perhaps she would try to reason with Susan to leave?  To take cover and call for help?

I don't think they would leave either, I do wonder if Jerry will mention that the vampires are going after Adrian, I'm sure that would make them want to stay and help even more. I wonder if he'll blurt out the possible relation between them like "vampires are attacking your grandfather!!'

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Jerry didn't wear a hat when Susan first met him, and she hadn't seen his new incarnation, but I'm willing to bet that Diane will recognize him.

That relation would result in pasta-antipasta annihilation. ;)

Sadly the are some people who would try to control their partner's diet or fashion or whatever in order to maintain the appeal for being in the relationship, it's kinda disturbing to think that a number of Diane's dates were like that though and we do have evidence of one in particular.

1 minute ago, animalia said:

Sorry I have trouble using the edit function on my phone 

Well, as those of us who remember The President's Analyst, it's a universal constant: Everyone has bitterness for their phone company.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Well, as those of us who remember The President's Analyst, it's a universal constant: Everyone has bitterness for their phone company.

It has more to do with the fact that whenever I try to edit on this forum my past dialogue is all white and blends into the screen. Combined with having to use a touchscreen instead of a mouse and THAT is what makes it impossible. 

8 minutes ago, animalia said:

It has more to do with the fact that whenever I try to edit on this forum my past dialogue is all white and blends into the screen. Combined with having to use a touchscreen instead of a mouse and THAT is what makes it impossible. 

And there's probably not a greasemonkey fix for mobile is there?