• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Monday December 4, 2017

Jerry at least TRIED to look inconspicuous. Pandora didn't bothered.

Wait ... "Jerry was the old" ... he doesn't want to be called Jerry now?

And on previous page we were worried about Susan warning Adrian ...

(Also, totally in-character for Raven to wait to deliver "I'm not running away" before starting to run. Also, would he immediately realize which direction he needs to run?)

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

We did have a hint that Jerry2.0 didn't want to be known as Jerry. I doubt he would agree to being called Jerry2.0 either, but until we learn what name he's chosen for this life, we have to call him something.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:
11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We did have a hint that Jerry2.0 didn't want to be known as Jerry. I doubt he would agree to being called Jerry2.0 either, but until we learn what name he's chosen for this life, we have to call him something.

True, although this MIGHT just mean "I'm not THAT Jerry".

4 minutes ago, Stature said:

Save first, fight second.

I think that killing two vampires might be fastest way to save Diane, especially if they are between her and Adrian. (Susan will kill the third one.)

BTW, did you noticed Susan doesn't have sword out yet? Surprising.

Also, where are Helena and Demetrius? Did they already found another vampire hunter and are now warning him?

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And on previous page we were worried about Susan warning Adrian ...

... or vampires having element of surprise. :)

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

True, although this MIGHT just mean "I'm not THAT Jerry".

Well we know Pandora has gone by many names in her current life, but we don't know if any of them were used in her previous life. Some Immortals might embrace resets more thoroughly, sure they'd take whatever knowledge their previous self passes along, but they'd view a reset as a clean slate, which would need a new name for whatever new identity they want to create for themselves.

Not saying it's always the case, but Jerry2.0's protests lean towards it.

6 minutes ago, partner555 said:
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Jerry at least TRIED to look inconspicuous. Pandora didn't bothered.

(Almost certainly) Kin is in danger. She wouldn't care.

Her reward will be people around taking out smartphones and starting filming.

... not that she would care about that one either. And with the number of videos with Helena, Demetrius and Voltaire, this may not even raise the chance of magic reset.

(Hmmm ... it would make sense for her to turn to those filming her and saying something like "You, meanwhile, totally should run away". But I suspect she won't.)

On December 4, 2017 Dan Shive said:

"This is subjective, after all.

But I am right. "

Words to live by.

As to the comic?

When Pandora was meeting with Tedd, speculation was running rampant that she would put off seeing Adrian until it became too late, ie After the vampire attack.

With so much she wanted to say, this last minute warning that leaves no time for the other stuffs seems somehow more potentially tragic.

39 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When Pandora was meeting with Tedd, speculation was running rampant that she would put off seeing Adrian until it became too late, ie After the vampire attack.

With so much she wanted to say, this last minute warning that leaves no time for the other stuffs seems somehow more potentially tragic.

... yes. Although with her presumably staying with Adrian, there is high chance she tells something more.

On the other hand, six vampires against Susan and Adrian? Why exactly should Pandora be forced to reset? The situation doesn't seem THAT dangerous ...

I wonder which three vampires are headed for the food court, and why. If the vampires are capable of enough cooperation for real tactics, this could be a feint to lure Adrian to concentrate on those three, setting up an ambush by the other three.

If they have a leader, I think it would be the one with the tiny eyes and the muffler he doesn't take off. He seems smarter, and he talked down Big Mouth by implying that he has powerful magic.  Big Mouth, on the other hand, is a pretty obvious redshirt.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, six vampires against Susan and Adrian? Why exactly should Pandora be forced to reset? The situation doesn't seem THAT dangerous ...

Remember the title of this chapter is Apocalypse, meaning (as has been explained in canon) a revelation. In this case, the revelation of magic, which is what Pandora has been trying to prevent for most of Sister III. The vampires have been vectored into the Mall, a mall where only six days before there was another big-time magical incident. I'd say this is probably going to be the time Carol Brown isn't too late to get live coverage. Are all six vampires toast? Of course they are. Will this cause Plan CM to fail? Reply hazy.

However, there are revelations and revelations. Put the vampires out of mind for a moment and consider what that an apocalypse might mean relative to a pair of sisters. 

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder which three vampires are headed for the food court, and why. If the vampires are capable of enough cooperation for real tactics

... which is disputable ...

this could be a feint to lure Adrian to concentrate on those three, setting up an ambush by the other three.

... well it's true this CAN happen. However, the vampires would need to be VERY good to make successful ambush with TWO immortals on Adrian's side. AT LEAST two.

If they have a leader, I think it would be the one with the tiny eyes and the muffler he doesn't take off.

Of course he doesn't take it off. First, EGS is rated PG isn't it? Sure, there will be LOT of guidance necessary, but it's definitely not rated R for excessive violence and realistic gore. Second, even if it WOULD, Dan doesn't like drawing stuff like that.

I suppose without the muffler he resembles predator.

He seems smarter, and he talked down Big Mouth by implying that he has powerful magic.  Big Mouth, on the other hand, is a pretty obvious redshirt.

The way kangaroo guy was speaking to him, either the the muffler one is leader, or they don't have any (which seems more likely).

Remember the title of this chapter is Apocalypse, meaning (as has been explained in canon) a revelation. In this case, the revelation of magic, which is what Pandora has been trying to prevent for most of Sister III. The vampires have been vectored into the Mall, a mall where only six days before there was another big-time magical incident.

Yes, it might easily be last straw for MAGIC reset. I was commenting there doesn't seem to be any reason why PANDORA should be reset (which Pharaoh RutinTutin implied and frankly, based on meta info, it does seem it would happen, although not necessarily in this story arc ...)

I'd say this is probably going to be the time Carol Brown isn't too late to get live coverage.

Possibly. Or there would just be too much witnesses.

Are all six vampires toast? Of course they are. Will this cause Plan CM to fail? Reply hazy.

Obviously we don't know what plan CM is, but I would expect whatever may happen in the mall is NOT final step of the plan nor it wasn't supposed to be.

However, there are revelations and revelations. Put the vampires out of mind for a moment and consider what that an apocalypse might mean relative to a pair of sisters. 

Well I'm not sure, so far it's mostly Ashley getting all of the relevations about - oh. You mean Susan and Diane. The logical one and detective one. Who already got suspicious when meeting Adrian. And who are very likely to see Pandora soon. See and HEAR.

... seems pretty obvious what it would be. Only question is if they got it on silver plate or if it would only be hinted well enough they realize it.

Also, how many generations?

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suppose without the muffler he resembles predator.

In the webcomic Girl Genius there may be found some rather easygoing and good-natured horrors known as the Jägermonsters. All of them have huge mouths with rows of shark teeth. One of their officers is named Jenka and she is so scary that the other Jägers are afraid of her. The first few times we saw her, she constantly wore a muffler that hid her mouth and teeth. Oddly enough, that made her seem more intimidating than her fellow Jägers even though they were the ones flaunting their big scary teeth.

The last time she reappeared we finally got to see her without her muffler. As it turns out, she has a perfectly normal mouth and teeth that look just like those of an ordinary human. The reason she wears the muffler while together with the rest of the Jägers is that she is kind of embarrassed by this. :icon_eek:

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Her reward will be people around taking out smartphones and starting filming.

Which some may already be doing, from the moment she appeared.  Which means there's a chance the quickest to hit RECORD might just have caught Adrian's transformation.  If no one did, then people are unlikely to connect the elderly teacher with monster shenanigans, but if a teacher were to be publicly linked with all the freaky goings-on....

... not that she would care about that one either. And with the number of videos with Helena, Demetrius and Voltaire, this may not even raise the chance of magic reset.

True, all she is so far is yet another floating person.  She hasn't done anything new (yet).

(Hmmm ... it would make sense for her to turn to those filming her and saying something like "You, meanwhile, totally should run away". But I suspect she won't.)

Ooh, I would love that!  It would certainly show that she's aware of others being in danger, something Adrian likely worries she is no longer capable of.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

In the webcomic Girl Genius there may be found some rather easygoing and good-natured horrors known as the Jägermonsters. All of them have huge mouths with rows of shark teeth. One of their officers is named Jenka and she is so scary that the other Jägers are afraid of her. The first few times we saw her, she constantly wore a muffler that hid her mouth and teeth. Oddly enough, that made her seem more intimidating than her fellow Jägers even though they were the ones flaunting their big scary teeth.

The last time she reappeared we finally got to see her without her muffler. As it turns out, she has a perfectly normal mouth and teeth that look just like those of an ordinary human. The reason she wears the muffler while together with the rest of the Jägers is that she is kind of embarrassed by this. :icon_eek:

Ahhh... But Jenka has backup in the teeth department in the form of Füst. I'd estimate that between them they've got enough teeth to more than match most Jäger, with the exception of General Goomblast and possibly General Khrizhan...

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yeah, Pandora's here, and her urging Adrian to go protect Susan and Diane is certainly telling that they're related as earlier meetings had Pandora criticizing Adrian for wanting to protect people. Those earlier criticisms could easily be chalked up to Pandora's reaction to Blaike's death, he went out to protect people and died for it. To Adrian, the lack of any attempt to stop him from fighting might be a bit of a shock, but she has yet to tell him why it's important that he protects Susan and Diane. Best guess is she doesn't want him distracted by the revelation that he could and does have children/grandchildren/etc, but yeah, it might still end up being too late to reveal that to him. Though I really do hope he survives because I want to see how Pandora reconciles with him.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder which three vampires are headed for the food court, and why. If the vampires are capable of enough cooperation for real tactics, this could be a feint to lure Adrian to concentrate on those three, setting up an ambush by the other three.

We know that Mysterious Scarf guy is there along with Kangaroo guy is at the mall, I assume that the creepy beast guy is also there, Sirleck said their were 6 of them so where the other 3 are, probably will be there soon. Or maybe the 3 that Pandora mentioned are the ones we haven't seen yet and the 3 we have seen haven't attacked or been noticed.

1 hour ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Ahhh... But Jenka has backup in the teeth department in the form of Füst. I'd estimate that between them they've got enough teeth to more than match most Jäger, with the exception of General Goomblast and possibly General Khrizhan...

Unquestionably. I was simply pointing out that a muffler may be used to generate mystery and/or horror as well as to conceal them.

If in the next couple pages Pandora says "your granddaughters", I would not take it as definitive other than in the sense of "descendants but not daughters". There's a bit of time pressure, and detailing just how many generations are involved can perhaps wait for a more leisurely moment.

(Of course, they COULD literally be Adrian's granddaughters, i.e. precisely one intervening generation. Just that I wouldn't take that statement, alone, in that context, as definitely saying they are. Now if afterward there's ample opportunity for clarification and it doesn't happen, the one statement would gain greater weight.)

I could see the explanation being given to a badly hurt Adrian, whether he actually dies or she just fears he will.  "Granddaughters" or however many great- need to be added, would be a nice touch.

It would also be nice if Pandora gave some sort of acknowledgement of Noah being family, or perhaps that Noah's offspring would be Adrian's grandchildren, but that would likely be at another time, when a full reconciliation occurs.  Or else...eek...after Adrian is dead, and Pandora takes charge of who will finish raising her grandson....

I don't have much to say on the comic, but the fact that Dan put so much thought into where Raven was standing in relation to the folding table is just obsessively adorable....

1 hour ago, CNash said:

...the fact that Dan put so much thought into where Raven was standing in relation to the folding table is just obsessively adorable....

Especially when you consider that the folding table doesn't appear anywhere in this comic. And since it doesn't, there's no visual indication of where in the mall it takes place. Looks to me like the problem was entirely in Dan's mind. Not to say that I've never obsessed with details that probably didn't matter much to anyone else.

I really like the effect Dan used when Raven transforms. ...Speaking of which...

*clears throat*

Yay for starbursts in panels four and seven! Yay for glowing transformation in panel six!

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well we know Pandora has gone by many names in her current life, but we don't know if any of them were used in her previous life. Some Immortals might embrace resets more thoroughly, sure they'd take whatever knowledge their previous self passes along, but they'd view a reset as a clean slate, which would need a new name for whatever new identity they want to create for themselves.

Not saying it's always the case, but Jerry2.0's protests lean towards it.

I thought for sure it was stated somewhere that Immortals always change their names when they reset. But maybe that's just accidental head canon on my part.