• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Patreon: December 4, 2017: Space Kitty Susan

Recommended Posts

Someone on Patreon said that if it wasn't for the Trek theme and hammer insignia, you wouldn't know it was Susan, I kinda agree, but it's really the hair that does it, it looks more like Grace's style than Susan's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I seem to recall seeing Susan in a skirt in a fantasy sequence before, and this certainly isn't canon Susan, but it's still very strange to see her in a skirt.

Elliot imagined her in TOS uniform already, AND I think we saw some sketchbook on this topic ...

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If there were ever a time Susan would wear a skirt, it would be a Star Trek uniform.

Certainly.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Someone on Patreon said that if it wasn't for the Trek theme and hammer insignia, you wouldn't know it was Susan, I kinda agree, but it's really the hair that does it, it looks more like Grace's style than Susan's.

I still suspect it's the skirt which makes her so hard to recognize.

 

And regarding batteries, they totally use some in Star Trek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't Dan just say Susan is hunting a Tribble?

For those of you who don't recall the Caitians  or Star Trek the Animated Series

If Star Trek could survive Filmation style animation, it can survive anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why can't Dan just say Susan is hunting a Tribble?

No idea. It's obviously Tribble.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Star Trek could survive Filmation style animation, it can survive anything.

I hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why can't Dan just say Susan is hunting a Tribble?

I don't know, maybe copyright/tradmark reasons? I'm not quite sure where the boundary lies when it comes to referencing other properties. (It may also be relevant that Dan calls it a "Star Trekish" uniform instead of a "Star Trek" or "Starfleet" uniform.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hkmaly said:
14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why can't Dan just say Susan is hunting a Tribble?

No idea. It's obviously Tribble.

Tribbles don't fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Tribbles don't fly.

From Patreon:

Quote
It's actually on a string and I only just noticed how invisible that string is ^^;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

They do if you kick 'em hard enough in a low enough gravitational field.

I was thinking slingshot, tractor beam (repel) or tebuchet depending on the tech level...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Scotty said:

From Patreon:

Quote
It's actually on a string and I only just noticed how invisible that string is ^^;

(Looking from angle) ... ok, I see it now.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or is it Shatner's Toupee?

That WAS tribble, wasn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 1:20 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Hey, the animated Star Trek did have a few good episodes.

Absolutely!  I've read more than once that the one with a child Spock has been declared officially a canon episode, despite the rest of the series being officially non-canon.  Whwther true or not, it's definitely worth watching!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:20 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Hey, the animated Star Trek did have a few good episodes.

The writing was good
The animation?  Not so much

Filmation, at times, seemed like a step backwards in the development of animation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The writing was good
The animation?  Not so much

Frankly, even TOS is nowadays better to read than watch. The pastel colors are distracting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Frankly, even TOS is nowadays better to read than watch. The pastel colors are distracting.

There were some amazing TOS novels in the years between cancellation and TNG.  Uhura's SongMy Enemy, My Ally; The Final Reflection....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Frankly, even TOS is nowadays better to read than watch. The pastel colors are distracting.

As a fan of colors, I much prefer the aesthetic of TOS over the "gray on black" aesthetic of many of today's movies and tv shows. (One of my first thoughts upon seeing the bridge of the starfleet vessel in the pilot of the latest series was, "What happened to the ship's lights? Is the ship low on power or something?" ...Actually come to think of it I had the same reaction the first time I saw "Generations", so I suppose that aesthetic has been around in the movies for a long time. Still, it seems like it's become a lot more common in the past decade or so.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Frankly, even TOS is nowadays better to read than watch. The pastel colors are distracting.

Classic Trek has not aged well visually and its storytelling was all over the map from awesome to dreadful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Classic Trek has not aged well visually and its storytelling was all over the map from awesome to dreadful.

Eh, if you compare it to modern TV shows, it looks weird.  If you compare it to other classics from a similar era and technology, it still looks great.  (This from someone who's been watching William Hartnell episodes of Doctor Who...)  

As for the writing, show me a series that lasted more than half a season that doesn't have any clunkers....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Eh, if you compare it to modern TV shows, it looks weird.  If you compare it to other classics from a similar era and technology, it still looks great.  (This from someone who's been watching William Hartnell episodes of Doctor Who...)  

As for the writing, show me a series that lasted more than half a season that doesn't have any clunkers....

Any?   No.  Even Season 3 of Babylon 5, it's zenith season head and shoulders above the others, had one clunker (Grey 17 is missing)

Classic Trek just has a lot of excellent episodes which were about matched by the number of questionable ones.  But taken by the standards of its day?  Nothing comes close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just to be sure, I continue to assert that ANY form of Star Trek is "Educational" TV.

I disagree. There is nothing educational on "Into Darkness". On the other hand, there is very little of "Star Trek" there either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this