• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday December 6, 2017

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Not completely definitive (Dan said "likely") but yeah totally who else.

There is also Zeus's comment "Pandora's gonna to kill me" that clinched things, why would he be thinking that if she didn't have a talk with him?

Mind you it's quite possible she didn't tell him what she had learned from Heka, because she told Sarah that she wanted to tell Adrian first and that wouldn't be true if she had already told someone else, but at the very least she gave him instructions to make sure nothing happened to Susan and Diane and we know Pandora can be intimidating if she wanted to.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
16 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Susan looks pretty cool going Super Saiyan

... ok, maybe not so unusual

As long as it's not Super Saiyan 3. According to Dan, her hair would be too long and get in the way, and sadly "Badass Hair in the Wind with no Wind" does not work at that point.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would expect she will stab the vampires with her sword, but the fact she didn't summoned it yet is confusing me ...

Notice where Susan's right hand is in the last panel--mostly out of frame. Far enough out of frame for her to already be holding her sword.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

As long as it's not Super Saiyan 3. According to Dan, her hair would be too long and get in the way, and sadly "Badass Hair in the Wind with no Wind" does not work at that point.

Unless, of course, it's prehensile hair like Mistress Nine's. Or Grace's antennae. Or Archie's antennae. Or...

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Unless, of course, it's prehensile hair like Mistress Nine's. Or Grace's antennae. Or Archie's antennae. Or...

Well we do know that Susan checked her spellbook to see if she had gained the ability to control her hair, she might get that at some point. (though it's uncertain how canon that was since it was just a one-shot NP)

17 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or Deirdre from the Dresden Files books, if you *really* want dangerous....

Prehensile hair for Susan doesn't seem especially likely, unless, of course, it could get Susan out of a jam in a comic or three. Sword-in-hand already does seem likely to me, since Susan summoned her sword unconsciously when Ellen and Nanase told her about the seven vampires, and she might have done it way, way back during the final showdown with The Goo. Also, it nicely co-ordinated with Susan calling up Little wheither unconsciously (Little Nase is mirroring Susan's feelings) or for recon and air support. Or both.

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Or Golden Darkness from To Love Ru. Wasn't she just the cutest alien assassin ever?

Say, who exactly is that screaming about a monster? The screaming girl with raccoons in her attic? Sandi? Tony? I vote for Tony because it would be the funniest and most deserving for that self-satisfied jerk. Plus it's been way too long since he's seen Susan in action.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Notice where Susan's right hand is in the last panel--mostly out of frame. Far enough out of frame for her to already be holding her sword.

I'm thinking that Susan won't summon a weapon until she's actually in mid-swing. That would make it easier to get close to an aberration, and harder for the monster to dodge.

Of course, it also increases the chance that she'll be *seen* to have summoned the weapon (by someone other than the aberrations), but, well, priorities...

(I also suspect that after she got back from France she insisted on getting some sort of martial-arts training that includes weapons - fencing lessons would count - and now really knows how to use a few preferred weapons and styles.)

23 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember what happens when Susan un-summons a fairy. Also remember what Adrian's murder-shroud crows did in the last panel here. Thirdly, remember Susan can summon multiple fairies now

And fourthly, remember this Sketchbook.

True, dive-bombing clouds of exploding fairies would be sure to ruin an aberration's day.  And judging by the sketchbook, clouds of fairies have been an idea in Dan's mind for a while.

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That was me. And EGS vampires are not undead and I doubt there is way to "turn" them. And Guardian form is very powerful and not particularly related to summoning, I don't think Diane can get that as her first spell. Maybe later.

Quite right.  Thanks for the rogue inspiration.  If she gets marked and it works with her sneakiness, it could also mean she might get a distance attack, like an archer moving to position.  Or perhaps pompom blasters;)

I agree, EGS Vampires are not undead per se, but it would be interesting if there exists protective magic that forces vampires back.  I also agree with you on the Guardian form, too advanced and I don't think Diane is quite unselfish enough for it, but would have been cool.  I am still holding out for some Mark that lets Diane's magic interact with Susan's magic because, you know, sisters.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think having a hair control spell is long overdue for Susan if only for the utility of managing long hair and for bad-ass scenes hair blowing in a non-existent wind, but we don't always get what we want.  Unless it could be weaponized as described above, and then yes, entirely reasonable as an addition to her repertoire of vampire hunter spells.

Haven't gotten around to reading Dresden Files yet (on my list), but had to look up Deirdre, and dang, that is some dangerous hair.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm thinking that Susan won't summon a weapon until she's actually in mid-swing. That would make it easier to get close to an aberration, and harder for the monster to dodge.

Of course, it also increases the chance that she'll be *seen* to have summoned the weapon (by someone other than the aberrations), but, well, priorities...

(I also suspect that after she got back from France she insisted on getting some sort of martial-arts training that includes weapons - fencing lessons would count - and now really knows how to use a few preferred weapons and styles.)

I wondered why no weapon since she reacted so instinctively here, but that kind of supports your hypothesis of weapons training (I think I would insist on weapons training also if I were her given the circumstances).  Perhaps since she is facing real danger, she is choosing her moment carefully as you suggested.  Or we could simply be waiting for the Bad-Ass Weapon Reveal In Front of Three Vampires scene.

5 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

If she gets marked and it works with her sneakiness, it could also mean she might get a distance attack, like an archer moving to position. 

The most appropriate distance weapon would be the bow; Diana the Roman Moon Goddess carried a bow. And shot arrows that never missed, something she shared with her brother Apollo. However, Dan has said he hates distance weapons.j

When you think about it, the most appropriate weapon for Susan would be a phaser. Or, of course, a Vulcan lirpa, which she used in EGS Con.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

When you think about it, the most appropriate weapon for Susan would be a phaser. Or, of course, a Vulcan lirpa, which she used in EGS Con.

Bah! The most appropriate weapon is a BATH'LETH, you BLOODLESS P'TAHK! :demonicduck:

8 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

I wondered why no weapon since she reacted so instinctively here, but that kind of supports your hypothesis of weapons training (I think I would insist on weapons training also if I were her given the circumstances).  Perhaps since she is facing real danger, she is choosing her moment carefully as you suggested.  Or we could simply be waiting for the Bad-Ass Weapon Reveal In Front of Three Vampires scene.

A combat style involving things that aren't there until right before they hit can be very effective.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not completely definitive (Dan said "likely") but yeah totally who else.

There is also Zeus's comment "Pandora's gonna to kill me" that clinched things, why would he be thinking that if she didn't have a talk with him?

He might've meet her somewhere else, for example :)

But I agree that between the confirmation that Pandora talked to him or at least send him some message AND the fact that he met someone in Susan's room who looked as Pandora chaos form, it would be really plot twist if that WASN'T Pandora.

Mind you it's quite possible she didn't tell him what she had learned from Heka, because she told Sarah that she wanted to tell Adrian first and that wouldn't be true if she had already told someone else, but at the very least she gave him instructions to make sure nothing happened to Susan and Diane and we know Pandora can be intimidating if she wanted to.

Also, even if she didn't wanted to wait with it as surprise for Adrian, why would she need to explain him anything? I think it was very short talk. Pandora started the encounter in intimidating form AND mood and had no reason to change, and explanation ruins intimidation, obviously with the exception of explaining what you will do to the intimated person if he doesn't do what you ordered to him.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would expect she will stab the vampires with her sword, but the fact she didn't summoned it yet is confusing me ...

Hmmmm ... barely if you count guard but likely yes, and hilt was not glowing ...

Well we do know that Susan checked her spellbook to see if she had gained the ability to control her hair, she might get that at some point. (though it's uncertain how canon that was since it was just a one-shot NP)

Definitely part of my headcanon. Despite Susan's reasons, her long hair ARE making it harder for her. And prehensile hair are cool.

I think having a hair control spell is long overdue for Susan if only for the utility of managing long hair and for bad-ass scenes hair blowing in a non-existent wind, but we don't always get what we want.  Unless it could be weaponized as described above, and then yes, entirely reasonable as an addition to her repertoire of vampire hunter spells.

It can't be THAT long overdue, she's still only on start with her magic and she's not Nanase level talent. She should get one, especially with her hair already doing interesting things in this comics and with hair control being dramatic, but maybe not right away.

Say, who exactly is that screaming about a monster? The screaming girl with raccoons in her attic? Sandi? Tony? I vote for Tony because it would be the funniest and most deserving for that self-satisfied jerk. Plus it's been way too long since he's seen Susan in action.

It would be funniest but it sounds more like the screaming girl.

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

It would be logical and Susan is logical. And her mom would certainly pay her some fencing lessons, if not Kendo.

Quite right.  Thanks for the rogue inspiration.  If she gets marked and it works with her sneakiness, it could also mean she might get a distance attack, like an archer moving to position.  Or perhaps pompom blasters;)

Pompom blasters wouldn't get the advantage of attack with summoned weapon, probably. But summoned arrows or crossbow bolts should work and would allow to differentiate her from Susan ...

Or Golden Darkness from To Love Ru. Wasn't she just the cutest alien assassin ever?

Looked for her. Definitely cute.

However, Dan has said he hates distance weapons.

Damn.

32 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Bah! The most appropriate weapon is a BATH'LETH, you BLOODLESS P'TAHK! :demonicduck:

Didn't Susan said she likes DS9?

180px-Blood_Oath_Jadzia_Dax_Full.png