• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Wednesday Dec 6 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=702

I'm not sure if my reading comprehension is down today or if the phrasing is just confusing, but it took me several re-reads to understand what Rhoda was saying in panel 2 (and thus the significance of what she's saying in panel 3).

Anyway, moving on to the fun stuff:

Yay for double-layered starburst background in panel 2!

Also, this has nothing to do with backgrounds but the phrasing is too good to pass up: Yay for cuddling dog-girls in panels 1 & 3!

So if you are the most attractive, then other people will give you things, do things for you, and go out of their way to be near you?
Even if you don't have any interest in those other people?

That kind of reaction used to require more than being merely attractive.
You needed gold, political power, and a divine mandate.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Before you get too enthused on this trip down nostalgia lane, remember that your lawn is a huge sandbox now before you tell people to get off it.

Sooo, Rhoda transformed Catalina as sort of apology? ...

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So if you are the most attractive, then other people will give you things, do things for you, and go out of their way to be near you?

Recently, being famous was more than enough.

Note that Golden Cheerleader would ALWAYS make someone receive card, attraction just change WHO would that one be.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Those things still work but these days simply being attractive actually is enough.  Often having big boobs is enough.

Mythbusters did a segment where they had Kelli Byron work a counter at a sandwich shop two different days.  The first day "stock" and then enhanced a couple of cup sizes.  They noted down not just the amount of tips she got but also who tipped more or less each day.  The enhanced Kelli got more tips from both men and women.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sooo, Rhoda transformed Catalina as sort of apology? ...

Probably more like playful revenge for Catalina transforming her and stealing her space, and as she said, Catalina was the only one not yet transformed.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Mythbusters did a segment where they had Kelli Byron work a counter at a sandwich shop two different days.  The first day "stock" and then enhanced a couple of cup sizes.  They noted down not just the amount of tips she got but also who tipped more or less each day.  The enhanced Kelli got more tips from both men and women.

Kari, should have gotten lots of tips to begin with though, I know she broke several geeks hearts when she got married.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Kari, should have gotten lots of tips to begin with though, I know she broke several geeks hearts when she got married.

I would expect they looked for a place where she wouldn't be recognized, or at most people would think, "hey that girl behind the counter looks an awful lot like..."  Being recognized would invalidate the test results.

I thought it was "Kelli"..  Oh well.  I got the "K" right.  Yay me.  :)

On 12/7/2017 at 11:56 AM, Vorlonagent said:

Not a very good study.  She could have been getting the hang of the job on the second day, and thus be more confident, worked faster with fewer mistakes, been less distracted by remembering how to do things, more able to engage customers in conversation with customers, etc.  Or, with a sample size of one shop, it could have happened to be that the first day was the last of the month, and the second was payday.  (Rather like the hospital that had crazier patients on full moons, but the study period had full moons happening on the weekends when it's always crazier.)  A good study would have her work several places, with half being "enhanced" the first day and the other half the second.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

Not a very good study.  She could have been getting the hang of the job on the second day, and thus be more confident, worked faster with fewer mistakes, been less distracted by remembering how to do things, more able to engage customers in conversation with customers, etc.  Or, with a sample size of one shop, it could have happened to be that the first day was the last of the month, and the second was payday.  (Rather like the hospital that had crazier patients on full moons, but the study period had full moons happening on the weekends when it's always crazier.)  A good study would have her work several places, with half being "enhanced" the first day and the other half the second.

Agreed the sample size cannot represent any serious or comprehensive study.  Arguably however, with proper advance planning to minimize other differences besides Byron's apparent breast size, it could work as a proof of concept.  I don't know if the planning took place.  I can say that customers shown on the segment looked used to her, but also admit that it could be an artifact of choosing which interactions made it into the segment.

Other possible controls would be to have Byron work for a week or more in each state to allow novelty to wear off and then only count tips for the final day, though a graph of tips over time might be interesting as well