• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Alwaysnewguy

NP Monday December 11, 2017

It's not quite "yay for backgrounds" worthy, but I love seeing the players (or more often, part of a player) in the background when the focus is on the player pieces.

Come on, Catalina being dog? Can't last long.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

It's not quite "yay for backgrounds" worthy, but I love seeing the players (or more often, part of a player) in the background when the focus is on the player pieces.

Agree. ...  It's very unusual kind of background.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

players (or more often, part of a player) in the background when the focus is on the player pieces

This brings up an old metaphysical question.

Are we just player pieces with our players so far in the background that we do not notice them?  And what if our players are themselves pawns in an even larger game?

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

players (or more often, part of a player) in the background when the focus is on the player pieces

Are we just player pieces with our players so far in the background that we do not notice them?

Are WE actually INSIDE our bodies or are we just so immersed in the game we tuned out our real bodies?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And what if our players are themselves pawns in an even larger game?

... wait, that's not even metaphysical question is it? At any moment, there must be multiple people trying to play you as a pawn. There is at least one succeeding in it every election, and often if you buy something, and ...

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are we just player pieces with our players so far in the background that we do not notice them?  And what if our players are themselves pawns in an even larger game?

Oooh! Oooh! I know the answer to that one!

"All the world's a stage, and we but players!"

26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

No one is an NPC in their own story.

And in my writing, even in a short story, I try to create a feeling that that character you only see for a minute or two is a real person with their own story that could be told...

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In my role as a self-aware avatar (online and in some fictional worlds), I notice the person behind the keyboard all the time. As for the next level up, my player does occasionally notice some "Inside Out" style shenanigans going on inside their head...