• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PrimordialSoul253

NP Wednesday Dec 13 2017

Fox. So, had it been drawn by Nanase, would it be the best manifest ever?

The cheerleader side of Susan is passed over twice, and the pun-tential is still strike two.

Well she's still got the ditzy effect, so she's still open to use whatever cards she has next turn (unless someone else transforms her first of course). I wonder what special ability the Fox form has, and if being furry adds to it.

Yay for starburst of transformation in panel three!

...Speaking of backgrounds, I had refresh my memory on where the players are sitting and reference the board charts below the comics to figure out exactly who and what we're seeing in the background of panel one. (To any who haven't figured it out, we have Ashley's stocking foot, and behind that Rhoda's leg and sneaker-clad foot, with Rhoda's tail behind that.) And I still can't quite figure out what those lines in the lower right-hand corner of the panel (just under Rhoda's leg) are.

Moving on to the transformation, it's interesting that the "furry" clothing card comes with skimpy clothing and a collar (and as mentioned in the commentary, doesn't actually result in fur if the player doesn't have an animal transformation going). The collar is a nice touch, but personally I think it would have made more sense (and would have been more fun) if the player grew fur even if they didn't have an animal form, the fur was thick enough to keep things PG, and the fur was all the "clothing" the player wound up wearing for the length of the transformation.

Oh, and like, I didn't think to mention this before, but it's like really cool when the ditzy card affects how Susan talks and stuff. :cool:

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

St Bernard to Fox in two turns?

Is this most transforming Catalina has ever experienced without involving feline characteristics?

That's, like, not Catalina, Pharaoh. (The only way Susan could have transformed Catalina is if she was taking the space from her, but Catalina never actually bought the 3 space, since she didn't have the cards for it.)

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

The collar is a nice touch, but personally I think it would have made more sense (and would have been more fun) if the player grew fur even if they didn't have an animal form, the fur was thick enough to keep things PG, and the fur was all the "clothing" the player wound up wearing for the length of the transformation.

I agree with the idea, but maybe Dan decided to not risk drawing that because he doesn't have enough experience with PG-thick fur? Also, I'm sure SUSAN wouldn't like that.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

St Bernard to Fox in two turns?

Is this most transforming Catalina has ever experienced without involving feline characteristics?

That was Susan that became a furry fox, I doubt Catalina would have reacted that way in panel 3.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I agree with the idea, but maybe Dan decided to not risk drawing that because he doesn't have enough experience with PG-thick fur? Also, I'm sure SUSAN wouldn't like that.

I'm thinking this was something that Susan and Hanma might have discussed before hand and Susan insisted that clothes remain even if there'd be fur covering everything. Of course one has to wonder if, now that Susan is experiencing it, she comes to the same conclusion Sarah did.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm thinking this was something that Susan and Hanma might have discussed before hand and Susan insisted that clothes remain even if there'd be fur covering everything.

That is quite likely, although it seems Hanma didn't done EVERYTHING Susan told her.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Of course one has to wonder if, now that Susan is experiencing it, she comes to the same conclusion Sarah did.

Quite likely, but no way would that convince her to change mind about the basic coverage.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That is quite likely, although it seems Hanma didn't done EVERYTHING Susan told her.

This might have been one of Hanma's compromises, there'd still be clothes, but Susan didn't say anything about how skimpy they could be. ;)

58 minutes ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

This might have been one of Hanma's compromises, there'd still be clothes, but Susan didn't say anything about how skimpy they could be. ;)

There were skimpier in EGS pinups.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe not on males, but he's drawn females "clothed only in fur" before. Most recently in pinups, but he did draw Grace that way several times in the main comics.

Still, I could definitely see there being some actual clothing with the fur as something Susan insisted on.

57 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Maybe not on males, but he's drawn females "clothed only in fur" before. Most recently in pinups, but he did draw Grace that way several times in the main comics.

Main comics? He did in NP and probably in sketchbook, but I don't remember main comics like that.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Main comics? He did in NP and probably in sketchbook, but I don't remember main comics like that.

20021130_YF2p.jpg

Sure, she's still wearing pants, but I think being topless still counts.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's only partial nudity, but: Grace without her shirt on in Sister 1. (Scotty Ninja'd me on one of them.)

Grace was completely naked in Sleepy Time.

I'd forgotten about this, and it isn't quite the same thing thanks to strategic arm placement, but we actually saw the werewolf naked.

The panel cuts off just high enough we don't know how much detail Sarah was imagining (given the next panel it probably wasn't PG), but naked werewolf Tedd and Sarah. Also from Sarah's fantasy sequences (and without strategic panel border placement), Werewolf Sarah and Werewolf Nanase.

I also can think of a few naked furry Grace images in the Sketchbook section, but I don't feel like looking up the urls right now.

It's only partial nudity, but: Grace without her shirt on in Sister 1. (Scotty Ninja'd me on one of them.)

Grace was completely naked in Sleepy Time.

Well I must admit I forgot about these, but yes I was looking for full nudity and while technically in one frame Grace is visible whole, it's very small.

The panel cuts off just high enough we don't know how much detail Sarah was imagining (given the next panel it probably wasn't PG), but naked werewolf Tedd and Sarah. Also from Sarah's fantasy sequences (and without strategic panel border placement), Werewolf Sarah and Werewolf Nanase.

Yes, the panel cut offs are still a problem but I would say these would qualify.