• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Monday, December 18, 2017

Would have liked some "KRAK-A-THOOOM" out here, NANA.

Would you like to shoot me now or wait until I get home on an inaudible hour of cussing. This includes backtracking to his relationship with Noah.

Oh snap indeed.

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Would have liked some "KRAK-A-THOOOM" out here, NANA.

Would you like to shoot me now or wait until I get home on an inaudible hour of cussing. This includes backtracking to his relationship with Noah.

How about shoot me now or wait till you get home on when to tell Susan that she is related to Adrian and Pandora, and will Pandora get a chance to tell her why Adrian has not revealed this himself.  Oh wait, haven't told Adrian yet, have we; hope he doesn't learn this in an awkward way, like In the middle of a fight with a vampire.  Yes, aberrations are so rude to interrupt a family reunion.

"It will vary" ... and might not be enough for FIVE vampires.

Also, Adrian, sure they DO have a target. YOU.

Luckily, Susan will be backing him up. Unless Pandora starts monologuing and delays her too much.

53 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

My only question is how many "greats" are in Mr. Raven's relationship title with Susan.

g ≥ 0

I still hope it's g > 0. And have few arguments for it:

1) Her dad has different hair color. Sure, can be changed, but if Adrian would WANT to obscure his identity, he could do better job in it.

2) Her dad is cheater. Adrian has better character.

3) Susan said "looks like my father". Not "totally is my father".

4) Adrian would certainly remember daughter who told his wife about his affair, even if he didn't believed it's his daughter.

Note that the option of g=1 and Susan's dad being cheater because he lacked positive father model after his own father left his mother when he found she's pregnant is still open.

8 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Yes, aberrations are so rude to interrupt a family reunion.

Well without vampires, there would be no reunion. Pandora would not appear and Raven would not talk to Susan again.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Note that the option of g=1 and Susan's dad being cheater because he lacked positive father model after his own father left his mother when he found she's pregnant is still open.

I'd prefer that Adrian not know he's a father at all. And there is still the other woman with Susan's face. If Susan's memory of how she looked was correct, I hope there is at least one great in there.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:
18 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'd prefer that Adrian not know he's a father at all. And there is still the other woman with Susan's face.

Are you implying Susan's father had sex with woman who was ALSO Adrian's descendant?

Um, yes, if they both look like Susan. Adrian lived in at least three different countries before he came to the United States. He could well have fathered several children over several generations.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'd prefer that Adrian not know he's a father at all. And there is still the other woman with Susan's face.

Are you implying Susan's father had sex with woman who was ALSO Adrian's descendant?

Um, yes, if they both look like Susan. Adrian lived in at least three different countries before he came to the United States. He could well have fathered several children over several generations.

Well, sure, he could, and they have no way to know they are related ... but if the resemblance is that big (and, possibly, their other relatives also look similar), would they really be sexually attracted to each other?

... ok, maybe they would.

3 minutes ago, jmucchiello said:

Last panel, do susan and pandora share the same nose, eyes, and hair line? Or is it just Dan's admitted "limited artistic range in this style"?

I just pointed that out on Discord, also while their hairstyle and colour are different (Pandora's more of a dirty blonde) their hair lengths are very close, also worth noting, they both use hair ties. ;)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, sure, he could, and they have no way to know they are related ... but if the resemblance is that big (and, possibly, their other relatives also look similar), would they really be sexually attracted to each other?

... ok, maybe they would.

Wild theory maybe, but considering what Pandora said to Sarah, what if the whole "Huge evidence, right in front of me, right there!" comment was more than just a passing "they seem familiar" moment for Pandora? Like rather than the other woman with Susan's face being another offspring of Adrian, it was actually Pandora?  Pandora could have done a number of questionable things  during fits of boredom, would causing married men to be unfaithful be one of them? Or maybe setting up someone to be exposed as being unfaithful and then getting out the popcorn to watch the fireworks afterwards? She could have broken up her own grandson's family and not even realized it until a couple days ago(comic time).

20 minutes ago, detrius said:

Pandora: "Susan, I am your grandmother!"

Susan: "NOOO!!  That's not true, that's impossible!"

1) Pandora: "Search your feelings, Susan, you know it to be true."

Susan: "Okay, you pass, you're nerdy enough to be family."

OR

2) Pandora: "Oh, dear, Susan!  Please don't be upset!"

Susan: "How dare you survive to this age and not get that reference!"

Yay, I called it! ...Like many other people on the forums, but whatever.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Wild theory maybe, but considering what Pandora said to Sarah, what if the whole "Huge evidence, right in front of me, right there!" comment was more than just a passing "they seem familiar" moment for Pandora? Like rather than the other woman with Susan's face being another offspring of Adrian, it was actually Pandora?  Pandora could have done a number of questionable things  during fits of boredom, would causing married men to be unfaithful be one of them? Or maybe setting up someone to be exposed as being unfaithful and then getting out the popcorn to watch the fireworks afterwards? She could have broken up her own grandson's family and not even realized it until a couple days ago(comic time).

Slightly more likely than Adrian being Susan's father, but still unlikely. Dan has been treating Pandora as a good & sympathetic character for some time; I doubt Dan would reveal something like that about her at this point.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'd prefer that Adrian not know he's a father at all. And there is still the other woman with Susan's face. If Susan's memory of how she looked was correct, I hope there is at least one great in there.

I was thinking it was more a matter of Susan misremembering symbolically?  She was in the midst of seeing herself as beautiful, and suddenly she remembers a beautiful blonde women who was with her father who was in the midst of doing "things", and projects her own image there.  She has associated blonder, beauty and doing "things" with being bad.

20 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

I was thinking it was more a matter of Susan misremembering symbolically?

Quite realistic, actually, but it's been long established that Susan has an incredible memory for details and incredible aptitude for putting them together to deduce things (something she shares with Sherlock Diane). Think about how little time it took her to figure out Bad Tom. It could turn out to be a case of Dan deciding to go another way years later. But having Susan's Dad and the Other Woman With Susan's Face both being descendants of Adrian seems to be about the least icky alternative while still being plausible.

As for appearance carrying over many generations, well, because magic. Nanase's family has been choosing spouses with an eye to preserving their magical powers.

Adrian is very old. All of the human magic-using human characters we've seen in EGS could be his descendants if Dan decides they are.

How much you want to bet we get a "Everything is my fault!" moment from Pandora where she blames herself for everything including the fact that Susan's father cheated. And that Susan reasures her saying just like she was wrong to blame all men for the actions of her father so her father is wrong to blame all women for the actions of a few, and that Pandora did the best she could with the knowledge she had.

Damnit, Dan! DX

...Hmm. "Looks like" but not "sounds like?" That has to be significant, since most of what we know of Susan's memories of her dad include him talking to her. Here's hoping he's her grandfather, not direct father! (I still hold out on the possibility of a one-night-stand, but that could imply her mom slept with her boyfriend's dad, so yeeg? Definitely getting into soap opera there. ^^; )

5 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

that could imply her mom slept with her boyfriend's dad, so yeeg? Definitely getting into soap opera there.

So, Part 23, Yet Another Dunkel?

Adrian did live as a German for awhile...

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Quite realistic, actually, but it's been long established that Susan has an incredible memory for details and incredible aptitude for putting them together to deduce things (something she shares with Sherlock Diane). Think about how little time it took her to figure out Bad Tom. It could turn out to be a case of Dan deciding to go another way years later. But having Susan's Dad and the Other Woman With Susan's Face both being descendants of Adrian seems to be about the least icky alternative while still being plausible.

As for appearance carrying over many generations, well, because magic. Nanase's family has been choosing spouses with an eye to preserving their magical powers.

Adrian is very old. All of the human magic-using human characters we've seen in EGS could be his descendants if Dan decides they are.

It's true, hers and Diane's eye for detail and memory almost appear Sherlockian, but I guess I was suggesting this was a way of her subconscious slapping her down from feeling beautiful.  Sort of like how someone might have a self-critical voice in their head.

Of course, this current scene suggests we might get another flashback of that past episode with her father soon, perhaps to actually see Susan's fathers face (now if only we could see Tedd's mother's face soon as well).

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

OR

2) Pandora: "Oh, dear, Susan!  Please don't be upset!"

Susan: "How dare you survive to this age and not get that reference!"

Pandora knows about the Mario Brothers and House, so I doubt she wouldn't know Star Wars or even Star Trek. Heck her child form's outfits are references to games and films.

Just now, ChronosCat said:

Slightly more likely than Adrian being Susan's father, but still unlikely. Dan has been treating Pandora as a good & sympathetic character for some time; I doubt Dan would reveal something like that about her at this point.

Gonna revise my earlier theory a bit, Pandora setting up Mr Pompoms to be caught by Susan wouldn't have been out of boredom, but maybe out of spite.

Consider that years ago, Adrian fell in love with a woman, maybe married her I dunno. Things were going great for a while and maybe Pandora was even reminded of her relationship with Blaike. Then the women becomes pregnant and Pandora gets thrown for a loop. She believes Adrian can't have children so the woman must have had an affair. The relationship ends or they get divorced, maybe Pandora does something, Adrian's heartbroken.

Years later Pandora comes across Mr Pompoms, who she knows is the child of the woman Adrian loved, she finds out he's been cheating and is outraged that he'd be doing to someone what his mother did to Adrian, so she sets him up to get caught and ruin his life.

The irony here is Pandora might have thought she was serving justice, but unknowingly destroyed her son's family and her grandson's family.

So a basic question around which the bunnies have been dancing for a significant period of time has been asked.

The only thing more EGSish than having Susan ask it bluntly would be having Elliot ask it awkwardly.

How quickly can Edward Verres get to the mall?  This amount of exposition will need a LOT of charts.

2 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Sort of like how someone might have a self-critical voice in their head.

Susan already has four self-critical voices. Any more and she'll need a second head like Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Putting the "r" in "Beeblebrox"