• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday December 18, 2017

Yeah, I don't think Susan's going to be too happy about this. For her sake, hopefully Susan'll get a reset card or an animal-form card she likes better, or lands on a space she owns (which also allows you to remove transformations) fairly soon.

I do wonder however whether this is merely "exchange transformations" or a full "exchange appearance" (i.e., the visual effects of "body swap" achieved through transformation rather than moving minds/souls). That could be fun.

Been talking about it more on discord about how the swap would work.

My thinking is that since Ashley only has 2 traits on her at the moment, a physical (Attract) and an animal (Cow) and Susan has 3, physical (Ditzy), animal (Fox) and Clothing (Furry), since Ashley is buying a 2 point space with Swap, then it would be a straight trade of 2 traits of the same types.

Calling it now, Ashley's going to be a Ditzy Fox and Susan's going to be a Attractive Furry Cow.

Gone was Eleven, now is Twelve. Now gimme Eggos with the works. And double it down with Doublemint. :demonicduck:

For the sake of chaos, I would like to see some yoinking.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Players "accidently" reading the wrong totals on dice?

That never happens!
Not in Monopoly.
Certainly not in role playing games.

Big talk from the Pharaoh who had the world's biggest four-sided dice as a centerpiece of his kingdom.

22 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

world's biggest four-sided dice

I think you mean the biggest D8s.  They half sunk in the desert almost immediately.

The strange thing is that when I ordered the game dice, I only asked that the octahedrons be made large enough that they wouldn't become caltrops when accidently dropped on the floor.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

I know Susan's not crazy about the ditzy furry fox form (especially the ditzy part) but Ashley thinking that Susan would like being a cowgirl who's breasts get bigger as the game progresses might be wishful thinking on her part.

She didn't though Susan will like the cowgirl better. She just noted SHE would like the ditzy furry fox more than Susan does.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Yeah, I don't think Susan's going to be too happy about this. For her sake, hopefully Susan'll get a reset card or an animal-form card she likes better, or lands on a space she owns (which also allows you to remove transformations) fairly soon.

She MIGHT just win the game quickly now. Especially with the additional card from busty.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

My thinking is that since Ashley only has 2 traits on her at the moment, a physical (Attract) and an animal (Cow) and Susan has 3, physical (Ditzy), animal (Fox) and Clothing (Furry), since Ashley is buying a 2 point space with Swap, then it would be a straight trade of 2 traits of the same types.

I think you can play swap even if you are not transformed at all.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think you mean the biggest D8s.  They half sunk in the desert almost immediately.

The strange thing is that when I ordered the game dice, I only asked that the octahedrons be made large enough that they wouldn't become caltrops when accidently dropped on the floor.

At least they still got that part right. Say what you like, those things aren't likely to get stepped on.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

At least they still got that part right. Say what you like, those things aren't likely to get stepped on.

The Sphinx likely stubbed it's toe on them a few times though.

I was more focused on Susan and her piece at first, but now this is starting to bug me. Why is Catalina's piece in a "begging" position in this strip? She's not even in dog form anymore!

(For that matter, in the strip from the 15th, the piece is kneeling, which I also don't really get, unless it's an unusual way of showing her appreciation for Susan's transformation.)

13 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I was more focused on Susan and her piece at first, but now this is starting to bug me. Why is Catalina's piece in a "begging" position in this strip? She's not even in dog form anymore!

(For that matter, in the strip from the 15th, the piece is kneeling, which I also don't really get, unless it's an unusual way of showing her appreciation for Susan's transformation.)

Best guess, Catalina couldn't buy the 3 space, and when Susan landed on it (Catalina's standing at the time) and bought it, Catalina's piece knelt as a way of showing that Susan owned the space.

Doesn't explain the "begging" pose though, unless that's to show Catalina being attracted to Ashley as she passes.

Then again, cats have also been known to beg:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Best guess, Catalina couldn't buy the 3 space, and when Susan landed on it (Catalina's standing at the time) and bought it, Catalina's piece knelt as a way of showing that Susan owned the space.

You might have something there. When Catalina bought the space she and Rhoda were on by transforming Rhoda, Rhoda's piece got down on her hands and knees. I had thought that was just it acting dog-like, but it would also be consistent with your idea of only the owner of the space getting to stand there. (On the other hand, Rhoda's piece is still on hands and knees despite owning her current space.)

16 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
19 hours ago, Scotty said:

You might have something there. When Catalina bought the space she and Rhoda were on by transforming Rhoda, Rhoda's piece got down on her hands and knees. I had thought that was just it acting dog-like, but it would also be consistent with your idea of only the owner of the space getting to stand there.

Makes most sense, yes.

16 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

(On the other hand, Rhoda's piece is still on hands and knees despite owning her current space.)

She DOES have dog transformation. She's also running on all four.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
6 hours ago, Stature said:

That is better than me. I am running on empty.

I guess the next step is running with scissors.

That would be quite an accomplishment for the player pieces, considering their size.

44 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That would be quite an accomplishment for the player pieces, considering their size.

Not really. Rhoda could just take a pair of scissors and make them small enough for the player pieces to run with. :danshiftyeyes:

... well that would work, although I'm not sure if it isn't cheating.

(I mean, cheating at the sport competition of running with scissors, not cheating at the goonmanji II game.)