• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday 22, December 2017

Yeah, it doesn't seem like Zeus knows all of the details, just a general idea that there's a relation between them. So Adrian could still be their grandfather at least.

And Zeus would still rather be out partying that have to deal with this, Jerry was such a jerk for trying to be nice to Susan. :demonicduck:

Oh, and in case you can't tell, Tedd's a guy.

When Dan wrote those words, the entirety of EGS history had already occurred.
It has just taken a bit of time to work the way through it all.
That is why so much of the early stuff turned out to be foreshadowish, even if foreshadowing wasn't intended.
The future is present in the past.

As for Zeus?  Can a mortal release an immortal from a vow?  I suspect that if Susan and Diane are forced to listen to this guy whine every time he lifts a finger for them, they just might ask him to be on his way.

57 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for Zeus?  Can a mortal release an immortal from a vow?

Ask a divorce lawyer.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I kinda take what I said about pretentious names back, at least partly in his case. The real Zeus was a womanising jerk, too.

So I guess the vow is what kept him from making passes at Susan or Diane even before Wednesday night.. Bet he kept a close guard on the girls in the shower, though.

I now kind of think young Zeus is pretty much like young Jerry, and since old Jerry knew that elves can have kids, I'm wondering if young Jerry fathered any kids.

Halfsies not being able to have children is one of my trackback, so that resolves something. Why Susan was used for the illusion is still up in the air, really.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

And Zeus would still rather be out partying that have to deal with this, Jerry was such a jerk for trying to be nice to Susan. :demonicduck:

♪ Holidays are coming... ♪♪
The "legacy" of Jerry: Short, but brief. :demonicduck:

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ask a divorce lawyer.

Breach of contract. Ask a notary.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I now kind of think young Zeus is pretty much like young Jerry, and since old Jerry knew that elves can have kids, I'm wondering if young Jerry fathered any kids.

Ask my friend Abe.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

now kind of think young Zeus is pretty much like young Jerry, and since old Jerry knew that elves can have kids, I'm wondering if young Jerry fathered any kids.

Do we know for sure that Jerry was aware of the lie? This could all have been info that Zeus got from Pandora, if she vaguely mentioned they were family, Zeus could have thought "but elves aren't suppose....wait, we can pass lies to ourselves, it makes sense!"

Seems that though Jerry was wise and knowledgeable, he didn't understand his own basic nature. Or he did and he wanted to push Zeus to be a more responsible individual. Either way, it's led to Zeus resenting his previous life. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. On one hand, Immortals/fairies being more responsible is a good thing. On the other hand, forcing an open ended vow on someone who never technically agreed to it is kinda mean. Though helping Susan and Nanase after what H&D did to them is a very good thing.

Also somewhat answers my question about how female elves getting pregnant. If elves are significantly less likely to become, or get someone, pregnant, then the problem wouldn't come up very often if at all. It might be possible that even with his long life of looking for love and such, Adrian might have only fathered a single child...which, depending on how distantly he's related to Susan and Diane, might have been Susan's father.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for Zeus?  Can a mortal release an immortal from a vow?  I suspect that if Susan and Diane are forced to listen to this guy whine every time he lifts a finger for them, they just might ask him to be on his way.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Zeus is likely stuck with the vow until Susan, Diane, and Nanase die. (I was going to put 'of natural causes,' thinking that if they died of unnatural causes would end up breaking his vow, but then had a thought that he might not break the vow if he did everything in his power to save them. Jerry vowed to be their ally, not to 100% ensure they survive to old age)

4 hours ago, Stature said:

Why Susan was used for the illusion is still up in the air, really.

Mr. Raven hadn't been intending on Susan specifically. He just made an illusion of what he thought a niece of his would look like, probably extrapolating features of his father and mother.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Do we know for sure that Jerry was aware of the lie? This could all have been info that Zues got from Pandora, if she vaguely mentioned they were family, Zeus could have thought "but elves aren't suppose....wait, we can pass lies to ourselves, it makes sense!"

Jerry passed the knowledge on to Zeus. After being told that most Immortals lie to themselves about elves being able to pass on children, Diane asked him, "Then why do you know this?" His answer is "Jerry wanted [him] to be a responsible successor." Jerry not only didn't pass on the lie that elves can't have children, but made a point to make it clear to Zeus that they can.

See, Adrian fighting the vampire with the bubbles of discussion on same panels to get as much content to one page as possible, just as I predicted.

.... however, I didn't predicted how easily Adrian would deal with that aberration. Seems his training is paying off.

Also, that's snake, koala, centaur, muffed guy and big mouth guy ... one vampire is still unknown.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, it doesn't seem like Zeus knows all of the details, just a general idea that there's a relation between them. So Adrian could still be their grandfather at least.

However, it's interesting that he totally knew that elves CAN have kids, while Pandora didn't and needed to ask Heka about it ...

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is why so much of the early stuff turned out to be foreshadowish, even if foreshadowing wasn't intended.

Dan's subconscious is even better in foreshadowing than his consciousness.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I kinda take what I said about pretentious names back, at least partly in his case. The real Zeus was a womanising jerk, too.

So I guess the vow is what kept him from making passes at Susan or Diane even before Wednesday night.. Bet he kept a close guard on the girls in the shower, though.

Maybe they are not his type? ... wait, they have pulse. They are his type.

2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Seems that though Jerry was wise and knowledgeable, he didn't understand his own basic nature. Or he did and he wanted to push Zeus to be a more responsible individual. Either way, it's led to Zeus resenting his previous life.

I think he's attempting to improve his basic nature for dozens of resets already and every time he's certain that this time it will work. So far no success.

Also somewhat answers my question about how female elves getting pregnant. If elves are significantly less likely to become, or get someone, pregnant, then the problem wouldn't come up very often if at all. It might be possible that even with his long life of looking for love and such, Adrian might have only fathered a single child...which, depending on how distantly he's related to Susan and Diane, might have been Susan's father.

There is still possibility that female elves have it even harder than male elves. And Adrian likely never was the type to try having sex with as many women as he can in 24 hours or similar challenges ... so yes, he may only have one child. Now, this one child ... still having issues with fertility or it's already normal?

Maybe, but I doubt it. Zeus is likely stuck with the vow until Susan, Diane, and Nanase die. (I was going to put 'of natural causes,' thinking that if they died of unnatural causes would end up breaking his vow, but then had a thought that he might not break the vow if he did everything in his power to save them. Jerry vowed to be their ally, not to 100% ensure they survive to old age)

It is possible that if he help them a lot he could convince himself the debt is paid. Also, "ally" doesn't mean he needs to be around all the time: it's only because the dangerous situation they currently are in that he can't leave them and still call himself ally. He barely looked at Nanase ... well, except in shower of course. She doesn't need help. Susan and Diane do.

6 hours ago, Stature said:

Why Susan was used for the illusion is still up in the air, really.

Mr. Raven hadn't been intending on Susan specifically. He just made an illusion of what he thought a niece of his would look like, probably extrapolating features of his father and mother.

Mr. Raven hadn't been intending on Susan specifically. He just extrapolated himself, mother and father.

Dan hadn't been intending on Susan specifically. He just extrapolated Raven and Grace.

Dan's subconscious however already have the comics planned to Grace's kid having kids and is foreshadowing where possible.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Dan's subconscious however already have the comics planned to Grace's kid having kids and is foreshadowing where possible.

So Grace's kid will have kids with Susan's kid?

So we now know that elves come in male and female versions. But Dan hasn't said yet that the same elf can't be either or both. It would be unfair to limit that option to only guests at Grace's birthday parties.

Well, at least this Aberration doesn't look silly.

Seems that though Jerry was wise and knowledgeable, he didn't understand his own basic nature. Or he did and he wanted to push Zeus to be a more responsible individual. Either way, it's led to Zeus resenting his previous life. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.

I'm fairly sure it's the latter. As for Zeus resenting Jerry, it's a lot like children and teenagers resenting the rules their parents set for them. Hopefully, when he's a bit older he'll realize those rules helped prevent him from doing something he would have regretted, and he'll be thankful for them. (At least, I've heard such things can happen; personally I didn't have a problem with most of my parents' rules a young child, then as a teen I just ignored the rules I didn't agree with.)

Oh, and in case you can't tell, Tedd's a guy.

When Dan wrote those words, the entirety of EGS history had already occurred.
It has just taken a bit of time to work the way through it all.
The future is present in the past.

But that line turned out to not be entirely true. Tedd may have male parts between his legs in his default form, but mentally she's gender fluid.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So Grace's kid will have kids with Susan's kid?

Or Nanase's kid.

To be more exact: Kid of Tedd and Grace would have kid with kid of Ellen and Nanase.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

So we now know that elves come in male and female versions. But Dan hasn't said yet that the same elf can't be either or both. It would be unfair to limit that option to only guests at Grace's birthday parties.

They definitely have AT LEAST the same options human have, but that doesn't mean they enjoy it as much as Tedd.

4 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Hopefully, when he's a bit older he'll realize those rules helped prevent him from doing something he would have regretted, and he'll be thankful for them.

That's definitely what Jerry hoped in, yes.

4 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Tedd may have male parts between his legs in his default form

Tedd can change default form now ...

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

To be more exact: A kid of Tedd and Grace would have a kid with a kid of Ellen and Nanase.

Also a possiblity. But if Susan has a kid with Matt and that kid has kids with the offspring of Tedd and Grace, those kids will definitely be far ahead on genes for nerdiness and weirdness.

And I hope Dan's subconscious forces him to get Lavender and Edward together and hatch some more siblings for Tedd.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

To be more exact: A kid of Tedd and Grace would have a kid with a kid of Ellen and Nanase.

Also a possiblity. But if Susan has a kid with Matt

Ma-who?

I didn't ever considered she might actually end up with him. I still hope for Elliot+Ashley+Susan.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

and that kid has kids with the offspring of Tedd and Grace, those kids will definitely be far ahead on genes for nerdiness and weirdness.

Also, even Susan, Matt, Tedd and Grace combined wouldn't reach the level of nerdiness Tensaided has. They can trump him in weirdness, probably, yes ...

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And I hope Dan's subconscious forces him to get Lavender and Edward together and hatch some more siblings for Tedd.

I second that. The half-siblings from his mother side needs some counterbalance.

35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

To be more exact: Kid of Tedd and Grace would have kid with kid of Ellen and Nanase.

But what does that have to do with the disguise Raven created for Grace looking like Susan? Or did the conversation move on from that point?

Also, the children of Tedd and Grace would be second cousins of the children of Ellen and Nanase. Marriage between them may or may not be legal depending on where they live, but in much of the US it would be frowned upon.

35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd can change default form now ...

Let me try again. Tedd was designated male at birth, but is gender-fluid.

17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
25 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also a possiblity. But if Susan has a kid with Matt

Ma-who?

I didn't ever considered she might actually end up with him. I still hope for Elliot+Ashley+Susan.

So Elliot+Ashley+Susan will have a kid?  Not impossible in this universe.  And what about Tedd+Grace+Sarah and their kid?  Those two kids could get together with Ellen+Nanase kid.

Is this carrying shipping too far?

20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
28 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I second that. The half-siblings from his mother side needs some counterbalance.

That would be interesting.  Though I think Tedd should meet his other sibling(s) before that and then right after that he gets to tell his mom he is a wizard.

7 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

But what does that have to do with the disguise Raven created for Grace looking like Susan?

The disguise that Raven created for Grace was specifically for her to pass as his niece. That's why it made her look like Susan. Remember at that point Raven hadn't met Susan. Or at least we hope he hadn't met Susan...

I think my only complaint about today's installment is the last two panels are small enough to make it difficulat to see what's going on. I actually needed to read the commentary to be sure the centaur abberation was killed. 

40 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The disguise that Raven created for Grace was specifically for her to pass as his niece. That's why it made her look like Susan. Remember at that point Raven hadn't met Susan. Or at least we hope he hadn't met Susan...

Well, yes, I figured that much out. I just don't see how that has anything to do with the child of Nanase and Ellen having a child with the child of Tedd and Grace.

7 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, yes, I figured that much out. I just don't see how that has anything to do with the child of Nanase and Ellen having a child with the child of Tedd and Grace.

Because--hey, isn't that some kind of demonic duck?

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Topic drift. Just don't get caught up and carried away by the drifts and you'll be fine. *shrugs* 

And I recall what it was I wanted to speculate about! Rather gory, but how would that centaur thing have eaten anyone? He doesn't have hands, he has spear heads/funky swords. What did he do, spear someone then hold them aloft to let their blood dribble onto him/into his mouth? O_o Not a very efficient design there, dude. :P 

10 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

And I recall what it was I wanted to speculate about! Rather gory, but how would that centaur thing have eaten anyone? He doesn't have hands, he has spear heads/funky swords. What did he do, spear someone then hold them aloft to let their blood dribble onto him/into his mouth? O_o Not a very efficient design there, dude. :P 

He was one of the dreaded Hair Stealers. He sucked the life out of his victims by eating their hair.

12 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Topic drift. Just don't get caught up and carried away by the drifts and you'll be fine. *shrugs* 

I thought that might be the case, which is why I asked,

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Or did the conversation move on from that point?

In addition, looking over the thread again, I see that I was reading a bit too fast, and thought some statements were supposed to be related to one another when they probably weren't.

14 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Not a very efficient design there, dude. :P 

Plus his barbed tail is on backwards. Scorpions have barbed tails that curl up forward so they can strike in front of them. Dan should have at least looked at a picture of a scorpion before he designed that vampire. And ;the lances on its arms were way too short.

Oh. Wait. These are the B-team vampires. They're supposed to be incompetent.

6 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

He was one of the dreaded Hair Stealers. He sucked the life out of his victims by eating their hair.

Of course he was. Another example of incompetence, going after Raven instead of Susan with her yard of luscious blonde locks.

I'm beginning to wonder if Sirleck did his vampire shopping at garage sales.