• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday December 22, 2017

From patreon:

We're genuinely at a point where it really wouldn't be out of character for all sorts of stuff I wouldn't be comfortable posting on the site to start happening.

...Wait, did I type that out loud? o_o

So...fun times?

I see cow form includes spine reinforcements.

And yes, listing it like this it's obvious how Susan considers this upgrade.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

We're genuinely at a point where it really wouldn't be out of character for all sorts of stuff I wouldn't be comfortable posting on the site to start happening.

...Wait, did I type that out loud? o_o

So...fun times?

I'm surprised it took so long. Unless it's just SUSAN who took this long to get to this point. That, or Dan is comfortable with more stuff than I though. Because Tedd, Grace, Ellen, Nanase, Rhoda and Catalina certainly already did stuff with more mature rating than anything Dan posted so far.

O_O

I was completely unprepared for the possibility Susan might be okay with the form. In fact, I still don't entirely believe it. I'm sure everything she says is true, but I strongly suspect she's being nice to make Ashley feel better seeing as Ashley's clearly distressed. Obviously she disliked the ditzy and furry cards more than she let on, so there's an element of "this is better than the form I was in" too, but that doesn't mean she actually likes the form. Finally, after all of those transformations (both to herself and those around her) in such a short time, her tolerance for transformation is probably higher than usual; if she was zapped into that form without warning outside the game* I still think she'd be pretty upset about it.

Oh, and anyone paying close enough attention knew this was coming: Yay for starburst backgrounds in panels one and four!

* Or if someone else had transformed her early in the game before she'd had a chance to transform herself.

Edited by ChronosCat
Added footnote.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I'm surprised it took so long. Unless it's just SUSAN who took this long to get to this point. That, or Dan is comfortable with more stuff than I though. Because Tedd, Grace, Ellen, Nanase, Rhoda and Catalina certainly already did stuff with more mature rating than anything Dan posted so far.

There was the Touch Practice pinup Dan did of Susan and Sarah, not canon but might still be in character for them?

So, I've been studying the board and the player's points, and as of Susan's next turn, she'll have the possibility of winning if she lands on a 3-space and has the cards to buy it. And of course there are a few different ways she could win in two rounds.

Meanwhile, if Ashley can buy whatever space she lands on in her next turn, then the round after that she'll also have the possibility of winning depending on what space she lands on and what cards she has.

(EDIT: Of course, all of this assumes no one lands on one of Susan or Ashley's spaces and takes it away from them, which would result in the player loosing the space to loose the corresponding points as well.)

Speaking of buying a space to win the game, I wonder if the winning player will need to stay in their final form for a little while? With all the other transformations lasting at least until the next player's turn, it doesn't seem fair to win the game by accepting a transformation only to have it undone a second later because the game is over.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I was completely unprepared for the possibility Susan might be okay with the form. In fact, I still don't entirely believe it. I'm sure everything she says is true, but I strongly suspect she's being nice to make Ashley feel better seeing as Ashley's clearly distressed. Obviously she disliked the ditzy and furry cards more than she let on, so there's an element of "this is better than the form I was in" too, but that doesn't mean she actually likes the form. Finally, after all of those transformations (both to herself and those around her) in such a short time, her tolerance for transformation is probably higher than usual; if she was zapped into that form without warning outside the game* I still think she'd be pretty upset about it.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I wouldn't say she likes it. But from her viewpoint it's a big improvement, and she also knows that it's only temporary and not intended as a hostile action.

I think it's not that she likes it but that she hated the ditzy and furry more, so she considers this much better.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Speaking of buying a space to win the game, I wonder if the winning player will need to stay in their final form for a little while? With all the other transformations lasting at least until the next player's turn, it doesn't seem fair to win the game by accepting a transformation only to have it undone a second later because the game is over.

Does the game even actually end immediately when player gets enough point? Maybe it plays to end of all players turn or something ...

There are several games I know which have point limit, BUT play until the player who started the game would have turn, with the winner being the person with most points, which can but doesn't have to be the person who crossed the limit first. On the other hand, those games don't have mechanism to LOSE points ...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Does the game even actually end immediately when player gets enough point? Maybe it plays to end of all players turn or something ...

As far as I know, Dan hasn't elaborated on that yet. Having a bit of a delay would allow the player to spend some time in their final form and still have all the transformations end when the game does.

I think the way I would do it would be after a player reaches 8 points, give the other players one more round to knock that player's points back below 8. If they fail, the game ends and the player in question wins. If they succeed, the game continues until someone else is able to hang on to 8 points for a round.

While I don't want to see the game end any time soon, I am looking forward to finding out how Dan handles it.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

While I don't want to see the game end any time soon, I am looking forward to finding out how Dan handles it.

As Yogi Berra stated so eloquently, "It ain't over till it's over."

Is that a Rubenesque soprano warming up in the wings?