• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Monday Dec 25, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=710

*jawdrop*

Susan likes that form?! Boy was I wrong.

I suppose can see how she might like certain elements... I mean, Susan does like being blonde even if she never chooses to keep it (technically I think her hair is black-and-white at the moment, but that's probably close enough). And maybe like Sarah she's fantasized about being bigger in the chest even if Susan would never admit it (though I doubt it would be as persistent a desire as with Sarah).

As for the cow part, I had assumed that she'd object to the idea of a cow form just because of the associations that tends to bring. But even if she isn't letting such things sway her, I don't see how she'd actually like the cow aspect of the form... Unless she just really likes cows or something...

At any rate, I really hope we get some insight into what she likes about the form in future comics.

Meanwhile, Ashley has fully embraced her ditzy side and I love it. ...And I guess that petting is one of the things Dan was talking about when he said some things might happen he wouldn't want to put on the site!

Oh, one last thing: Yay for starburst background of enthusiastically agreeing to pet someone in panel one!

Edited by ChronosCat
Heavy petting is but one of the things the characters might do that Dan might not want on the site.

We already know that Susan is not comfortable touching, or even thinking about doing some "things".

But we also know that she likes to watch.

If she can watch herself in the mirror while transformed, then there is none of that messy ethical problem of actually watching other people.

We have seen a glimpse of normal Ashley. We are just waiting for an explosion.

58 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

*jawdrop*

Well, someone is in a stupor this Christmas.

Another thought: When Susan says she wants to look in the mirror because of "curiosity", I suspect she actually means "Curiosity". Or at least that's going to be my head-canon.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But we also know that she likes to watch.

If she can watch herself in the mirror while transformed, then there is none of that messy ethical problem of actually watching other people.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with this completely. However, the non-canon versions of the characters seem more uninhibited than the canon ones (well, except for Ashely; I suspect this is normal for her) and I think as she gets into the game Susan is lowering her inhibitions even more.

Ashley's invitation was pretty open ended. This being Susan she'd probably want to make completely sure before hand, but I'm betting the other three wouldn't mind her watching while Rhoda and Catalina pet Ashley, and under the circumstances I wouldn't put it past Susan to do so.

Susan can easily see this as mostly not-her, as it was dictated by the game - although not entirely not-her, as she agreed to play the game and even had some input on the design.

That may be relevant to her acceptance of it.

Contrast that to the other extremes: where a form is put upon her totally WITHOUT her consent, even indirectly; and where she gets to do blank-page design of the form she'll wear. In the first of those she would be angry at the coercion; and in the second she'd be totally responsible for the outcome and would never choose a form like this or admit, probably even to herself, that she wanted to.

The real question, of course, is: why aren't they playing this game in front of a mirror or three?

We, the readers, and Ellen, if not the rest of the main cast, have known that Susan like looking at herself while transformed for years.  Sort of ties into her whole "I like to watch" ethos as it were.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:20 AM, ChronosCat said:

And maybe like Sarah she's fantasized about being bigger in the chest even if Susan would never admit it (though I doubt it would be as persistent a desire as with Sarah).

She explicitly said that's NOT the part she liked.

Meanwhile, Ashley has fully embraced her ditzy side and I love it.

So far, she's more coherent than I expected.

BTW, Susan, are you sure that ASKING if it's Ditzy talking is reliable enough? It may be the "I'm not spy - That's exactly what would spy said" case ...

And I guess that petting is what Dan was talking about when he said some things might happen he wouldn't want to put on the site!

I don't think Dan would have problems with putting the petting on site ... the "stuff", on the other hand ...

On 12/25/2017 at 2:42 PM, ChronosCat said:

Another thought: When Susan says she wants to look in the mirror because of "curiosity", I suspect she actually means "Curiosity". Or at least that's going to be my head-canon.

Of course she does.

19 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

The real question, of course, is: why aren't they playing this game in front of a mirror or three?

The game involves players holding cards other players shouldn't know about. Mirrors around doesn't seem like good idea. Also, they probably don't have three mirrors ... in fact, the only mirror big enough they have might be immobile.

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

As Terry Pratchett clearly states, a witch should never position herself between two mirrors.

Note that the problem is only mirrors positioned in way they mirror each other. I think you can position three mirrors in way they don't mirror each other and still mirror the scene between them ...

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Dan would have problems with putting the petting on site ... the "stuff", on the other hand ...

Judging by this:

It's quite possible we'll see some petting and posing on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
On 12/25/2017 at 0:20 AM, ChronosCat said:

And maybe like Sarah she's fantasized about being bigger in the chest even if Susan would never admit it (though I doubt it would be as persistent a desire as with Sarah).

I don't remember that. Care to provide a link, or at least a general idea of where I should look for that statement?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

So far, she's more coherent than I expected.

BTW, Susan, are you sure that ASKING if it's Ditzy talking is reliable enough? It may be the "I'm not spy - That's exactly what would spy said" case ...

I get the impression that enough of a person's normal personality is still there inside their head during Secret Identity spells that they usually won't do things under the influence of the spell that they would object to without the spell. (Elliot kissing Carol being an exception to this, probably a result of it being done thanks to a spur-of-the-moment impulse.) Susan probably thinks that by asking that she'll prompt the non-ditzy internal Ashley to think things through, and override the dizty outer Ashley if necessary. And until and unless we learn otherwise, I'm going to assume Susan's right.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well, I was thinking they might get enthused with the petting and take it into NSFW territory.

1 minute ago, ChronosCat said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I don't remember that. Care to provide a link, or at least a general idea of where I should look for that statement?

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=700

2 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I get the impression that enough of a person's normal personality is still there inside their head during Secret Identity spells that they usually won't do things under the influence of the spell that they would object to without the spell. (Elliot kissing Carol being an exception to this, probably a result of it being done thanks to a spur-of-the-moment impulse.) Susan probably thinks that by asking that she'll prompt the non-ditzy internal Ashley to think things through, and override the dizty outer Ashley if necessary. And until and unless we learn otherwise, I'm going to assume Susan's right.

Elliot kissing Carol prove that they DO things they would object to, but yes, those seem to be spur-of-the-moment impulse things, not thinking through thinks.

And yes, what we know about Ashley seem to confirm this. However, we know more than Susan and we still can't be SURE it's reliable.

On the other hand,  not like Susan have any better option.

7 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well, I was thinking they might get enthused with the petting and take it into NSFW territory.

That would definitely make Dan complain. And I mean JUST Dan. Ashley, Catalina, Rhoda and Susan would be ok with that. Most of readers would be ok with that. But Dan probably wouldn't like it.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
48 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=700

Well, that shows that Susan objects to the stereotype that women with bigger breasts are more attractive, but it doesn't mean she isn't subconsciously influenced by that stereotype. She also mentions that not everyone likes them, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like them, and also for many people there's a difference between what one thinks looks good on someone else and what one thinks looks good on oneself.

Of course it's entirely possible Susan either dislikes or is indifferent to having large breasts, I just don't think that strip proves it.

12 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, that shows that Susan objects to the stereotype that women with bigger breasts are more attractive, but it doesn't mean she isn't subconsciously influenced by that stereotype. She also mentions that not everyone likes them, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like them, and also for many people there's a difference between what one thinks looks good on someone else and what one thinks looks good on oneself.

Of course it's entirely possible Susan either dislikes or is indifferent to having large breasts, I just don't think that strip proves it.

True. She's influenced by the double-standard regarding being shirtless despite realizing it as well. It is possible there is aspect of subconscious jealously in her protest.