• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Wed, Dec 27, 2017

I'm a bit disappointed by this strip; after Dan's talk of "pandering" I thought we were going to get something really fun here. Instead Ashley's scene cuts off before it gets good, and we don't even get to hear Susan's thoughts on her cow form. 

As for the last panel, if the next strip continues from it, we might get to see some interesting interactions, but it's not doing anything for me at the moment. Also, it could just be the unusual angle combined with a lack of reference points, but it looks to me like Ashley's body is misshapen in that panel; in particular it looks like there's too much space between the joint of her shoulder and her head.

Oh well, at least there's a bunch of rays of light to lighten my day. Yay for starburst in panel 4!

Set phasers to "AAAH!! PHYSICAL CONTACT!!!"

Also, something feels off. Those shoes.

50 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Oh well, at least there's a bunch of rays of light to lighten my day. Yay for starburst in panel 4!

Would I disappoint you if that is a yellow starburst? :demonicduck:

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Dan, it's called "fanservice".

Surely, this is "danservice", after the "experimenting". Would still wait for the aftermath, though.

2 minutes ago, Stature said:

Would I disappoint you if that is a yellow starburst? :demonicduck:

I said rays of light, not rays of white. And seeing as this starburst reminds me of the rising sun for some reason, yellow light would be just fine.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I accept her nudity as canon.

I don't see why not.  She's clearly taking hold of the knot in the second panel, and after all, no one wonders if there are pasties under the angelic birds.  (Although come to think of it, I know we've seen Grace naked from the front in anthro forms in Story - heck, when she was seventeen - and I think some other anthro girls in pre-pinup-era sketchbooks, so I don't know why this form of Ashley's would be different...)

49 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

As for the last panel, if the next strip continues from it, we might get to see some interesting interactions, but it's not doing anything for me at the moment.

Since Dan has as much as said we're not going to get an answer on whether Ashley took her top off, we must be about to cut back to the game, although we'll probably see the tail end (so to speak) of Susan's reaction.

28 minutes ago, Stature said:

Set phasers to "AAAH!! PHYSICAL CONTACT!!!"

Yes, given precedent, there really should be some sort of fallout from that sudden, unexpected hug.  Not necessarily violence, but Ashley should find out just how much of a problem hugging people without permission can be for some people.

Ashley seems to have laces on one foot and none on the other.  Susan is, I'm guessing, in stockinged feet, i.e. socks.

Surely, this is "danservice"

Nice portmanteau!

16 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ashley seems to have laces on one foot and none on the other.

Meanwhile, her socks (in the non-mirrored image of her) are shaded in so close a shade to her fur that you wouldn't know she was wearing socks just from that image if it wasn't for the mirror.

Combined with what I perceive as messed up anatomy in panel 4, and Dan seems to have been having quite the off day artistically speaking.

18 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ashley seems to have laces on one foot and none on the other.

Probably LOD, but considering the more detailed foot is the one further away ...

On 12/28/2017 at 5:24 PM, ChronosCat said:

Meanwhile, her socks (in the non-mirrored image of her) are shaded in so close a shade to her fur that you wouldn't know she was wearing socks just from that image if it wasn't for the mirror.

Combined with what I perceive as messed up anatomy in panel 4, and Dan seems to have been having quite the off day artistically speaking.

The socks being shaded the same as the fur might just be because of shadow from the tail, I'm not sure what you mean about panel 4 though, Susan's tail is getting in the way. ;)

On 12/28/2017 at 7:27 PM, hkmaly said:

Probably LOD, but considering the more detailed foot is the one further away ...

Yeah, I think Dan might have goofed there.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The socks being shaded the same as the fur might just be because of shadow from the tail, I'm not sure what you mean about panel 4 though, Susan's tail is getting in the way. ;)

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it looks to me like the joint of the shoulder is too far from Ashley's head. (I'm basing this on the spot along her shoulder/arm where the fur sticks up, which in all the other pictures occurs right at the curve of the shoulder.) That line running from her shoulder to her back is pretty awkward looking too (it makes it look to me like she's wearing a huge scarf); in fact it's possible that line is part of the reason her shoulder looks so wide to me.

As for the socks, it's entirely possible that's the correct shade given the level of lighting and the other shadows in the image. However, in my opinion, unless they're painting a realistic portrait, using art to report the news, or illustrating a scientific document (and sometimes even in those cases) an artist should place a higher priority in conveying the idea of what they are showing than in being completely accurate.

40 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it looks to me like the joint of the shoulder is too far from Ashley's head. (I'm basing this on the spot along her shoulder/arm where the fur sticks up, which in all the other pictures occurs right at the curve of the shoulder.)

Well the furry form does imply that Ashley would be completely covered in fur, Dan just emphasizes it on the shoulders but one could say that where you see it in the fourth panel could be indicative of something causing the fur further down the arm to become more ruffled (like being pressed up against Susan's boobs).

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

As for the socks, it's entirely possible that's the correct shade given the level of lighting and the other shadows in the image. However, in my opinion, unless they're painting a realistic portrait, using art to report the news, or illustrating a scientific document (and sometimes even in those cases) an artist should place a higher priority in conveying the idea of what they are showing than in being completely accurate.

Eh, maybe Dan just had a socky day.