• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Friday 29, December 2017

Koala's going to attack Susan while Big Mouth has Adrian's attention.

The assumption being the same as when Grace knocked out Dex to make Bulldog dragon disappear, though I doubt Koala intends on just knocking Susan out.

Don't get too impressed, Susan.

First, that sword you loaned him is not likely to survive the next victim.

Second,  Pandora is about to tell you a story about why this guy looks so much like that dad of yours who messed up your opinions of men for the last decade.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Second,  Pandora is about to tell you a story about why this guy looks so much like that dad of yours who messed up your opinions of men for the last decade.

He messed up Tedd's family, too, so...

53 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Isn't "I am not weak" a callback to a scene of Nanase in Gregg's dojo? (Don't want to take time to hunt it down right now.)

Golly, is the yeti also attracted to Ellen?

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Isn't "I am not weak" a callback to a scene of Nanase in Gregg's dojo? (Don't want to take time to hunt it down right now.)

Here's the comic. That poor sandbag!

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not sure Pandora knows if Raven is actually Susan's dad or an ancestor of Susan's dad.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

The assumption being the same as when Grace knocked out Dex to make Bulldog dragon disappear, though I doubt Koala intends on just knocking Susan out.

That seems probable, but what's surprising me is how much Koala is cooperating with Scarf. Susan's best way of helping Adrian right now is to send fairies. She can summon at least four, and I suspect she can actually summon a horde like the magic crows in Raven's murder shroud.

BTW, how many of you figured out that it's a "murder" shroud because it hides a murder of crows? Gotta love those collective nouns, such as a gaggle of geese and a cunning of apes.

Anyway, attacking Susan now could keep her from helping Raven when Scarf makes his sneak attack. Sure hope there's another player on the field for the not-vampire team.

53 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That seems probable, but what's surprising me is how much Koala is cooperating with Scarf. Susan's best way of helping Adrian right now is to send fairies. She can summon at least four, and I suspect she can actually summon a horde like the magic crows in Raven's murder shroud.

Not so sure about 4, we've only seen her summon up to 3 fairies so far and we're not entirely sure if Nase is separate from that. So I'd just say at least 3 for certain.

58 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

BTW, how many of you figured out that it's a "murder" shroud because it hides a murder of crows? Gotta love those collective nouns, such as a gaggle of geese and a cunning of apes.

Dan doesn't have any commentary for the page but the Title seems to fit the theme.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyway, attacking Susan now could keep her from helping Raven when Scarf makes his sneak attack. Sure hope there's another player on the field for the not-vampire team.

I'm hoping that Pandora is able to do something that doesn't break Immortal law but still prevents Koala from harming Susan. Kinda in the same way that Voltaire appeared and tried to goad Tara into continuing her attack on Elliot.

I'm a little surprised Koala is sticking around - I thought he was running away because things got too dangerous. I guess he wants to swoop in and assist the other aberrations when the heroes are nearly defeated so he can still get paid.

<singing>
In the twelfth strip of Sister 3
Part 22, Dan gave to us
a starburst of transformation in panel 8...
</singing>

...We now have had twelve starbursts in twelve strips. I think from now on I'm going to think of this chapter as "Starburst Apocalypse"...

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

It's an interesting use of the same phrase, but considering the vastly different circumstances I doubt it was an intentional callback.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not sure Pandora knows if Raven is actually Susan's dad or an ancestor of Susan's dad.

While Pandora might not have had the time to track down Susan's full family tree, I'm fairly sure she'd know whether or not Raven was Susan's father. (And I personally don't think there's much chance at all of Raven being Susan's father - as I've said before, I don't think he's the type to cheat.)

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I probably wouldn't have figured it out on my own, but someone pointed it out back when Raven first used it in Sister 2. I suspect it was someone on the forums, but I have no idea who at this point.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

how many of you figured out that it's a "murder" shroud because it hides a murder of crows?

Let's hope they don't bring up a deadlier group.  Like a mob of kangaroo.  An army of ants,  A plague of locusts.  A destruction of feral cats.

Or a parliament of owls.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Seems likely. And while Koala is not going to be careful about it, knocking her out the traditional blunt trauma way will likely be quickest option for him ; while that's not as safe as in movies, Susan can survive it without permanent damage with some luck.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While possible she just recognized Susan and Diane, I would consider more likely she knows exactly which woman Adrian got pregnant based on that "it was so obvious" she did.

but what's surprising me is how much Koala is cooperating with Scarf.

I think unlike Gullet (big mouth guy), Koala knows exactly why Scarf wasn't afraid of Gullet.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Not so sure about 4, we've only seen her summon up to 3 fairies so far and we're not entirely sure if Nase is separate from that. So I'd just say at least 3 for certain.

I think she can summon more, but not actual horde, just one copy of each. But three are certain, yes. Unless it counts together with the sword, in which case two (but I wouldn't think so).

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm hoping that Pandora is able to do something that doesn't break Immortal law but still prevents Koala from harming Susan. Kinda in the same way that Voltaire appeared and tried to goad Tara into continuing her attack on Elliot.

I would assume either Helena and Demetrius appears or Diane does something.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I probably wouldn't have figured it out on my own, but someone pointed it out back when Raven first used it in Sister 2. I suspect it was someone on the forums, but I have no idea who at this point.

I'm sure I already enjoyed it when Raven first used it, I don't remember anymore if I knew it already back then or if I found on forums.

10 hours ago, Stature said:
6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yeah, that one!

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Some of us figured it out, some of us thought it was obvious.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Let's hope they don't bring up a deadlier group.  Like a mob of kangaroo.  An army of ants,  A plague of locusts.  A destruction of feral cats.

Or a parliament of owls.

Or the really dangerous one - a congress of baboons. (I'm pretty sure Congress is even more dangerous than the baboons.)

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Or the really dangerous one - a congress of baboons. (I'm pretty sure Congress is even more dangerous than the baboons.)

But not as dangerous as a Danish parliament.

With a clear look in good light at Gullet's fur and tail, I see that Gullet is basically a monster cat. And that means Susan can use her awesome KITTY! attack!

Edited by Tom Sewell
Link to awesome KITTY! attack

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But not as dangerous as a Danish parliament.

Someone once asked me what the difference was between the Danish Parliament and the Swedish Parliament. I responded that the former was full of Danish meatballs and the latter full of Swedish meatballs.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:24 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or a parliament of owls.

I thought it was a Parliament of Ravens....supposedly, a whole flock of them will land in a field, and in the center of the group, one raven will seem to be talking to the others, pacing and squawking, and when they've finished, the entire group will either fly off peacefully together, or attack the speaker as a group.  Sounds more like a trial to me, but the term I heard this described under was a parliament.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:36 AM, Scotty said:

But the owls are not what they seem...

10 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I thought it was a Parliament of Ravens....supposedly, a whole flock of them will land in a field, and in the center of the group, one raven will seem to be talking to the others, pacing and squawking, and when they've finished, the entire group will either fly off peacefully together, or attack the speaker as a group.  Sounds more like a trial to me, but the term I heard this described under was a parliament.

Hrm. I and apparently Dan both heard it as an unkindness of ravens.

Wikipedia lists a Parliament of Rooks, perhaps someone was trying to simplify and use the bird name more people were familiar with.  I think it was an issue of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman, so I guess a difference between British and American terms for birds could apply, too.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wikipedia lists a Parliament of Rooks, perhaps someone was trying to simplify and use the bird name more people were familiar with.  I think it was an issue of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman, so I guess a difference between British and American terms for birds could apply, too.

Dude, like, a gangbang of jive turkeys!