• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday December 29, 2017

I wonder when Dan will realize that '"implied (partial) nudity" essentially translates to "limiting youself to drawing your characters from bad angles and in awkward poses".

4 hours ago, detrius said:

I wonder when Dan will realize that '"implied (partial) nudity" essentially translates to "limiting youself to drawing your characters from bad angles and in awkward poses".

I wonder when amateurs will realise that the bleeding obvious point they are lecturing professionals about might already be known to them.

My goodness, the dialog in panel one is open to so many "naughty" interpretations it's ridiculous. (Personally my head-canon is that while Susan took her shower, Rhoda and Catalina petted and groomed Ashley without going so far it would count as cheating on Elliot. But I can easily think of a number of less tame scenarios that fit what was said...)

Hmm, the starburst in panel four is more of an embellishment to the "Attract" text than a background, so I don't think I'll cheer for it.

...But what's this, a special effect that's not a starburst? I'm not sure if it's meant as a background, but I'm going to count it as one anyway. Yay for sparkly background of cleanliness and/or attraction in panel one!

8 hours ago, detrius said:

I'm still rather baffled by how Dan's been handling the furry nudity (or lack thereof) in this story. I have to wonder if Dan's practice drawing non-furry characters naked for the Patreon Pinups has made him less comfortable drawing furry characters naked.

I just hope the ambiguity of Asheley's state of dress is leading up to a good joke or something. Because I'd rather see Ashley clothed than not be able to see her just because she's unclothed.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ninety percent recapping...

How long would it take to tell the Dragon Ball legend if you eliminated the recapping?

Depends on how much of the legend you're telling. I mean, DBZ had a lot of filler with plot, particularly prior to the battle with Frieza, and there's also the movies, the specials, GT, Super... Not to mention how the anime divided the manga up into "Dragon Ball" and "Dragon Ball Z" in the first place.

However, if you restrict it to the period covered in Dragon Ball Z and leave out most of the stuff not in the original manga, Kai was able to do it in 167 episodes. (I haven't seen all of it, and it's been a while, but from what I saw I don't remember them going overboard on recapping in Kai.)

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
6 hours ago, detrius said:

I wonder when amateurs will realise that the bleeding obvious point they are lecturing professionals about might already be known to them.

Also, fitting multiple characters in panel can already limit the angles considerably. Specifically on this page I don't see what would be less awkward with nudity.

34 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

My goodness, the dialog in panel one is open to so many "naughty" interpretations it's ridiculous. (Personally my head-canon is that while Susan took her shower, Rhoda and Catalina petted and groomed Ashley without going so far it would count as cheating on Elliot. But I can easily think of a number of less tame scenarios that fit what was said...)

My first question was if they were looking while Susan was taking the shower. But yes, they might be busy with Ashley instead.

Note that with the bonus on attractiveness, that "not a problem" doesn't surprise me at all.

35 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm still rather baffled by how Dan's been handling the furry nudity (or lack thereof) in this story. I have to wonder if Dan's practice drawing non-furry characters naked for the Patreon Pinups has made him less comfortable drawing furry characters naked.

Or maybe more practice in general.

Will we get some more naked version on patreon?

38 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I just hope the ambiguity of Asheley's state of dress is leading up to a good joke or something. Because I'd rather see Ashley clothed than not be able to see her just because she's unclothed.

... maybe two versions of same image, one with clothes in NP and one without on patreon?

...huh.

Well, I was technically right about cutting back to the game, but I kinda figured it was so that no one would question Ashley having her clothes (back) on.  So... are we going to do this Schrödinger's nudity until Ashley's hit with a clothing card?  Only, by the rules of the game, that'd probably be at least an orbit, and I have to wonder whether anyone who didn't read the Patreon commentary would think to question her toplessness even now, let alone after a few more weeks of this...

5 hours ago, WR...S said:

So... are we going to do this Schrödinger's nudity until Ashley's hit with a clothing card?

I really hope not. Not only would that result in our not seeing much of Ashley during that time, but it would limit the angles Dan can show everyone else at, and as cool visuals are part of the point of having all these transformations, I feel it would really detract from the story.

Although, all this makes me wonder, do the player pieces reflect what the players are wearing, or what their cards say they should be wearing? It might just be that Ashley's piece would continue to wear the bikini, collar, shoes, and socks even if Ashley took them off. In this case, Dan might be able to pull this off if he focuses on the board most of the time. (Though unless there's some payoff at some point, I don't see why Dan would want to limit himself this way.)