• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Dec 30, 2017. New Student Diane.

A long time ago (I forget the exact comic), it was established that Black Belt students at the ASMA Dojo could wear any type of uniform they wanted because no one else could tell them "No".

I guess that also applies to what is worn under the uniform.

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A long time ago (I forget the exact comic), it was established that Black Belt students at the ASMA Dojo could wear any type of uniform they wanted because no one else could tell them "No".

I guess that also applies to what is worn under the uniform.

I'm damn sure not going to tell Nanase to wear something she doesn't want to.

I was in the Tae Kwon Do Club in undergrad for a year or two, long enough to go up a couple of belts.  I don't remember any complicated knots.  Difference between martial arts styles, or just personal spatial awareness better suited to knots?  Who knows.

On 12/31/2017 at 0:48 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In EGS, any reference we want to make goes waaay back. Rule of thumb. Sometimes. :demonicduck:

Do not ship do not ship do not cannot ship... 

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Do not ship do not ship do not cannot ship... 

Why not?  They're not related, or at least not closely enough to count.  Ship 'em if you feel like it!

(Boy, have I come a long way from the days I'd hang a little sign on the chat room wall picturing a slash with a slash through it....)

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Why not?  They're not related, or at least not closely enough to count.  Ship 'em if you feel like it!

And so the USS Dianase sets forth to boldly go where no man but lots of shippers dare follow.

http://www.egscomics.com/sketchbook.php?id=889

Also now a sketchbook entry, not that something is wrong. Still deserves a quiet "darn it".

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

That ship would have been in drydock getting built back when Diane was first introduced.

I would say it is only in the blueprint phase.

This affair is too good. How many ships were sunk, though? Few? None?

Huh, I was so busy looking at Diane's shirt (the blue really stands out against her white gi) I barely even noticed the background until now. Either that dojo has a very strange choice of wallpaper, or we're seeing the triumphant return of the bubbly background of attraction.

Personally, I prefer the old flowery backgrounds, but it's still a nice touch. Yay for bubbly background!

14 hours ago, Stature said:

This affair is too good. How many ships were sunk, though? Few? None?

In EGS? Probably only the bad Tom and Susan one. Unless someone was shipping Damien with someone.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I wouldn't waste even a bathtub from the Titanic on him.

Of course not! Those are valuable objects nowadays. International monuments and treasures, those. Besides, they'd be damned hard to get up through the remaining structure of the ship ...

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The only person worthy of sharing a ship with Damien is Damien himself

I wouldn't waste even a bathtub from the Titanic on him.

Wait, I though that was from Damien's viewpoint.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh. In that case he may have a personal 16-ton weight attached to his leg by means of a heavy steel chain.

No, no. I insist. I won't accept his refusal.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh. In that case he may have a personal 16-ton weight attached to his leg by means of a heavy steel chain.

No, no. I insist. I won't accept his refusal.

Oh just drop it on him and let him deal with it from there.

Give his regeneration a workout at any rate.

16 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure why "in that case" but I'm not going to object to attaching a weight to Damien anyway.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, hkmaly said:

I though that was from Damien's viewpoint.

As if any other point of view or opinion matters...

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, hkmaly said:

I'm not going to object to attaching a weight to Damien anyway.

Just because he hurt Grace, killed her father, imprisoned her grandfather, and made her siblings do terrible things?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not going to object to attaching a weight to Damien anyway.

Just because he hurt Grace, killed her father, imprisoned her grandfather, and made her sibling do terrible things?

I'm pretty sure he killed much more people than just Grace's father, but yes, this would suffice.

(In fact, at least one and probably both Noah's parents were killed by Damien, and Edward specifically mentioned Damien killed "all the scientists inside")

(I also wouldn't object to throwing that weight in ocean after attaching it to Damien.)

2 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

I would ship it, but shipping Nanase with anyone requires one to ignore Ellen, and I can't do that.

Well, only if you insist that the only valid romantic grouping is a couple. (Tedd/Grace/Sarah shipper here.)

Still, for reasons that I can't identify this ship doesn't particularly appeal to me.