• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Dec 30, 2017. New Student Diane.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, only if you insist that the only valid romantic grouping is a couple. (Tedd/Grace/Sarah shipper here.)

Still, for reasons that I can't identify this ship doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Wait.  Is shipping JUST a pair an option in EGS?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, only if you insist that the only valid romantic grouping is a couple. (Tedd/Grace/Sarah shipper here.)

Still, for reasons that I can't identify this ship doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Wait.  Is shipping JUST a pair an option in EGS?

Technically, yes. Of course that option is rarely used, but let's see ... for example Justin + Luke.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Lol. I knew someone was going to bring that up. I was thinking about it as I typed it, wondering if I should just address it right off.

I'd ship Diane and Nanase (were it not for Ellen). I wouldn't ship Diane and Ellen, and thus the three-way grouping doesn't appeal to me either. This holds true for more than just Diane. I can't see myself shipping Ellen with anyone besides Nanase.

3 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

I can't see myself shipping Ellen with anyone besides Nanase.

There's been enough canon-fodder for Ellen-Nanase-Grace shipping though.

And the MV5 NP was pretty much Ellen-Sarah-Grace shipping fuel.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For Nanase / Diane shipping, it is difficult to get past their history.

Diane was introduced to the story attempting to use Nanase as a tool to manipulate guys.

Yeah, but we've seen recently that it was certainly more than that for Diane.

And for that matter, remember how Nanase and Susan were towards each other at the start of the comic? Things change, people change, ship happens. ;)

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

remember how Nanase and Susan were towards each other at the start of the comic?

Susan's early history was forgiven by "Kitty".  www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=270

Most people and characters never get that kind of line of demarcation.

Diane has grown and changed a lot, but I have yet to be convinced that her past is entirely past.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

There's been enough canon-fodder for Ellen-Nanase-Grace shipping though.

And the MV5 NP was pretty much Ellen-Sarah-Grace shipping fuel.

Really?

Eh. I'm not feelin' it.

17 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

Lol. I knew someone was going to bring that up. I was thinking about it as I typed it, wondering if I should just address it right off.

I'd ship Diane and Nanase (were it not for Ellen). I wouldn't ship Diane and Ellen, and thus the three-way grouping doesn't appeal to me either. This holds true for more than just Diane. I can't see myself shipping Ellen with anyone besides Nanase.

When I first read through the archives, before it became clear Ellen had set her sights on Nanase, I shipped Ellen/Tedd/Grace. I could still sort of see that working, but now it would have to be Nanase/Ellen/Tedd/Grace, with Nanase and Tedd not interacting romantically/sexually. (And with half the main 8 already part of the group I'd be tempted to add the rest of them plus Ashley so they didn't feel left out, but that would be a highly impractical and a little ridiculous.)

4 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

And with half the main 8 already part of the group I'd be tempted to add the rest of them plus Ashley so they didn't feel left out, but that would be a highly impractical and a little ridiculous.

Are you aware of the OT23/OT15 web of shipping?  

It's about time I followed up on my oft stated claim that I have at least minimal canon support for all of it.  Might do that as my "I'm bored, need to do something" project once I stop with the sinus headaches.

OT14x04.png

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Are you aware of the OT23/OT15 web of shipping? 

I think I've seen that chart before. I have to say I like how neatly it's laid out; there was a similar chart years back but it was a tangled mess.

I don't think Jeremy's interest in Susan is romantic or sexual, I don't think the Demonic Duck was interested in more than a fling, I don't remember any evidence of Diane/Charlotte (though I could have just forgotten), and I'm not sure what the chart is referring to with Susan/Fairy Summon.

Otherwise any number of pairings or small groups could be made from the connections on the chart; however the larger the group the harder it would be for it to stand up as a single romantic/sexual unit. Even with my 9-character group you'd likely wind up with a group of friends-with-benefits with the actual romances mainly restricted to groups of two or three within the larger group of friends; the group would be even less cohesive at 15 or 23.

4 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm not sure what the chart is referring to with Susan/Fairy Summon.

That, along with the other non-humans-not-named-Grace-or-Fox bits was a bit of a joke.   However we do have an canon picture of Susan sleeping with several of her summons.  Make of that what you will.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's about time I followed up on my oft stated claim that I have at least minimal canon support for all of it.  Might do that as my "I'm bored, need to do something" project once I stop with the sinus headaches.

OT14x04.png

I hope you will use our wiki as platform for that. BTW did you lost the full resolution version?

Also, isn't it outdated a little?

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I don't think the Demonic Duck was interested in more than a fling

Certainly.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I don't remember any evidence of Diane/Charlotte (though I could have just forgotten)

Did you forget the kiss? (Ok, it was explicitly said in the same comics commentary they are not kissing, but I suspect that's all the evidence for that)

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

On one hand, both the summons and Susan are clothed. On the other, Susan has ... uncommon sexuallity and she can end up using fairies for sexual reason as result ... we will know for sure when she somehow gets Elliot and Catalina dolls.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I hope you will use our wiki as platform for that. BTW did you lost the full resolution version?

Also, isn't it outdated a little?

I plan on doing it both on the wiki and here.

I didn't create that version, so, yeah, I've "lost" the full version.  As to out dated, I'm no sure what would need to be added to bring it up to "current".

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Did you forget the kiss? (Ok, it was explicitly said in the same comics commentary they are not kissing, but I suspect that's all the evidence for that)

Yes. I also forgot the next page, which is much better shipping material seeing as it's not the result of a deceptive camera angle.

What can I say, I remember the stuff from early in the comic a lot better than the stuff from two years ago, thanks to having read it more times. (There's even a lot of things from earlier in Sister III that I had forgotten until it was brought up on the forums or I rediscovered it looking up information for our discussions on Immortals and the Magic Change.)

39 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

What can I say, I remember the stuff from early in the comic a lot better than the stuff from two years ago, thanks to having read it more times. (There's even a lot of things from earlier in Sister III that I had forgotten until it was brought up on the forums or I rediscovered it looking up information for our discussions on Immortals and the Magic Change.)

That's nothing compared to how fragmented MY memory of comic is. I can't even say what parts I remember better.

11 minutes ago, Illjwamh said:

I don't count "agreeing that [character] is sexy" as ship-teasing.

Your going to have issues with the 0T15 chart then.