• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Monday January 1, 2018

* Mourns the loss of Cow-Susan. *

I suppose if Dan had gone quite a bit further in the game before he decided to change the rules on how two-type card replacement worked, and the Skunk form was important to how the game played, it would have been a lot of work to back up to this point and correct Rhoda's move. However it still bugs me that there's no in-story explanation for why she bothered to use the Skunk card.

And still no view of Ashley. Not that I really expected one, but did have a faint hope that the viewing angle on her in the last strip was just a coincidence. That seems quite unlikely now.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

* Mourns the loss of Cow-Susan. *

I suspect even Susan would mourn the loss. On the other hand, Rhoda is correct, this is how the game is played. If players take actions of other players personally, they should only play purely cooperative games. But I would rather NOT get any immortal involved in Pandemic.

I suppose if Dan had gone quite a bit further in the game before he decided to change the rules on how two-type card replacement worked, and the Skunk form was important to how the game played, it would have been a lot of work to back up to this point and correct Rhoda's move. However it still bugs me that there's no in-story explanation for why she bothered to use the Skunk card.

Actually, there is PERFECT in-story explanation: playtesting. She might not payed enough attention in explaining the rules and though it's necessary.

And still no view of Ashley. Not that I really expected one, but did have a faint hope that the viewing angle on her in the last strip was just a coincidence. That seems quite unlikely now.

Considering she's not really involved in game this strip, I wouldn't say so.

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will skunkification inspire Pepé Le Pew type behavior by or towards Susan?

The kid form cancels any kind of attraction to or from who have it, so, if there were any effect like that, it probably cancels it.

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will skunkification inspire Pepé Le Pew type behavior by or towards Susan?

4 minutes ago, Entropy said:

The kid form cancels any kind of attraction to or from who have it

Well, how about compelling an outrageous French accent?

My guess for what the Skunk's effect are is (as someone suggested on Patreon) that it is (game mechanically speaking) the reverse of attract. If going in the default direction would cause the player to move closer to Susan, they'd go the other way instead.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, there is PERFECT in-story explanation: playtesting. She might not payed enough attention in explaining the rules and though it's necessary.

I suppose that's possible. If so, I hope it's directly called out next strip.  (Actually, come to think of it, it's interesting that players are able to use more cards than they need to.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

For one thing I find it somewhat suspicious that all the other players and/or their pieces are seen in this strip. Perhaps more importantly, if panel 1 had had a background, from that angle we'd likely be seeing at least some of her (at least one knee and the other foot if she's sitting cross-legged, maybe more).

Granted it's not proof Dan's continuing the whole "make it unclear if Ashley is wearing clothes" thing past the Dec 27th strip, but it's more evidence - and I thought the 29th's strip was pretty strong evidence on its own.

48 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

For one thing I find it somewhat suspicious that all the other players and/or their pieces are seen in this strip

Catalina's piece is only shown because it's in the way.

49 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Perhaps more importantly, if panel 1 had had a background, from that angle we'd likely be seeing at least some of her (at least one knee and the other foot if she's sitting cross-legged, maybe more).

Not necessary, she could change position when returning from looking to the mirror. But, yes, it is little suspicious that nothing is in background ... on the other hand, it could easily include just the knee and foot and not solve the question either. (Unless you insist she's COMPLETELY naked, meaning that she removed the shoes as well.)

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not necessary, she could change position when returning from looking to the mirror. But, yes, it is little suspicious that nothing is in background ... on the other hand, it could easily include just the knee and foot and not solve the question either. (Unless you insist she's COMPLETELY naked, meaning that she removed the shoes as well.)

Well, if you look at the previous strip, all the players seem to be in the same positions they were in before (with Ashley across the board from Susan).

Also, it's hard to be sure of anything in fourth panel of the 27th's strip, but we don't see her collar in that panel and it looks to me like we should. And I don't see why she would have taken the collar off unless she was taking everything off. Also, if she really hasn't put her clothes back on, one would assume part of the reason is the discomfort of wearing clothing over fur; shoes themselves probably wouldn't be a problem, but unless they're fairly loose socks would probably be among the more uncomfortable articles of clothing to wear over fur.

32 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, if you look at the previous strip, all the players seem to be in the same positions they were in before (with Ashley across the board from Susan).

Hmmm ... seems so.

33 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Also, it's hard to be sure of anything in fourth panel of the 27th's strip, but we don't see her collar in that panel and it looks to me like we should. And I don't see why she would have taken the collar off unless she was taking everything off.

Not necessary and personally I would take the collar off first.

34 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Also, if she really hasn't put her clothes back on, one would assume part of the reason is the discomfort of wearing clothing over fur; shoes themselves probably wouldn't be a problem, but unless they're fairly loose socks would probably be among the more uncomfortable articles of clothing to wear over fur.

Well ... ok, they don't seem lose on 27th strip.

9 hours ago, Stature said:

So much for pathos.

Times Rhoda has kiddified people: 2, in this arc alone.

Actually, 3 times, Mama Kitsune, then Nanase, now Susan.

Gonna speculate that the kid form will make Susan act more childish, As Dan said, the kid form make a person pretty much immune to Attract and probably other mechanics that might influence other players, but if there's a personality shift, not sure if it'd be better or worse than being Ditzy for Susan.

The skunk form might be the opposite of the Cowgirl form, when instead of having an Attract effect on other players, it's Repels them and makes them move away from the Skunk.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Actually, 3 times, Mama Kitsune, then Nanase, now Susan.

Gonna speculate that the kid form will make Susan act more childish, As Dan said, the kid form make a person pretty much immune to Attract and probably other mechanics that might influence other players, but if there's a personality shift, not sure if it'd be better or worse than being Ditzy for Susan.

The skunk form might be the opposite of the Cowgirl form, when instead of having an Attract effect on other players, it's Repels them and makes them move away from the Skunk.

Yeah, I forgot Nanase. My bad. Still proves how Rhoda is trying to compensate for being the runt. :demonicduck:

If it does Repel by nature, then it smells like "command and conquer".

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

but if there's a personality shift, not sure if it'd be better or worse than being Ditzy for Susan.

... well ... she didn't exactly enjoyed the childhood on first try ...

26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

True, but I don't think this form would necessarily make Susan how she was back then, this would probably be more like generic child-like behaviour.

32 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

True, but I don't think this form would necessarily make Susan how she was back then, this would probably be more like generic child-like behaviour.

Meaning it may be her FIRST opportunity to feel like generic child.