• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Wednesday January 3, 2018

Raven could use some of Susan's "ranged weapons" right about now (i.e., flying dollies).

Also, why on earth is Susan using "stun" hammers in this kind of situation? Is she trying to capture one of the vampires, or is she just too squeamish to kill a vampire still?

2 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Raven could use some of Susan's "ranged weapons" right about now (i.e., flying dollies).

Also, why on earth is Susan using "stun" hammers in this kind of situation? Is she trying to capture one of the vampires, or is she just too squeamish to kill a vampire still?

She can't summon another Sword right now, as Dan states in the commentary:

But yes, that's a stun hammer. It can be safely assumed by her use of it that she can't just summon a second sword like the one Raven is using, but at least she knows how to use it.

So she's currently unable to kill any vampires whether she wants to or not, besides, she's already killed one in this battle so that should negate the question of her being squeamish.

16 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Also, why on earth is Susan using "stun" hammers in this kind of situation?

The "stun" hammers hit vampires harder than they do humans, so there is that.

So apparently Koala isn't that much of a coward, he just didn't want to face Raven. Either that or he has a grudge against Susan after the first time she hit him with a hammer.

...And, another starburst background in panel three. Yay.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:
20 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

She can't summon another Sword right now, as Dan states in the commentary:

So she's currently unable to kill any vampires whether she wants to or not, besides, she's already killed one in this battle so that should negate the question of her being squeamish.

It also might be a matter of strategy. With the caped dragon she stunned it first then struck the finishing blow, and she could be following a similar strategy here. She might have some other more deadly weapon she can summon now as well (like that axe she used on her first vampire back in France), but being more familiar with the hammers wanted to stun Koala first before she attempted the harder-for-her task of killing him.

How much time has Susan spent with Catalina?

We know that Susan can use and summon hammers quickly enough that the reload time is effectively a free action.  Just like talking and bringing snacks to the GM.

Will the bloke stay down until Adrian arrives and/or Susan can summon another coup de grâce weapon?

Wait.  They are in a mall food court!  Everything is deadly.

2 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

She might have some other more deadly weapon she can summon now as well (like that axe she used on her first vampire back in France), but being more familiar with the hammers wanted to stun Koala first before she attempted the harder-for-her task of killing him.

I think if she was capable of summoning an axe rather than another sword, she probably would have, but Dan made it sound like the hammer was Susan's only other option so her summoning the bane is still restricted to one weapon from her chest at a time.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How much time has Susan spent with Catalina?

Enough, obviously. ;)

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Wait.  They are in a mall food court!  Everything is deadly.

Is there a Chipotle shop at the food court?

Ooof. Gonna need eucalyptus after this. Not that I care, just worriedly imagining being hit by a wrecking ball.

42 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also 0 for 2 for Koala guy, he's gonna have to turn in his Drop Bear cred because of this.

His Villain card overall if this keeps up.

Koala's down, but not out, and he's distracted Susan from Raven's fight. As I've pointed out, that's enough to keep Susan from helping Raven. Now would be the best time for Scarf to make his attack.

Unless...

If Scarf has to close with Adrian, even if he kills Adrian, or even if he just gets Adrian to let down his defense against the flame attack, that flame attack would then hit Scarf.

And why do I think if Adrian does kill Gullet, the sword will be used up?

Edited by Tom Sewell
Unless...

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So apparently Koala isn't that much of a coward, he just didn't want to face Raven. Either that or he has a grudge against Susan after the first time she hit him with a hammer.

He's smart, he knows only Scarf dude has a chance against Raven. He has better odds against Susan.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

He's smart, he knows only Scarf dude has a chance against Raven. He has better odds against Susan.

Smarter than the three dead vampires, maybe smarter than Gullet. Smarter than Raven or Susan? Nope. 

Mr. Koala is having a bad day, and it doesn't look like it's going to get better.

Also, Susan really should get herself a warhammer or even just a sledgehammer to put in her chest. Though the stun hammers might have a significantly different weight to them, as they don't need to be heavy to be effective. Hmm.... I wonder if a toy hammer would be useful against vampires if summoned by Susan.

All the talk of Susan and dodging in Dan's commentary made me think of...this

(note that Team Four Star video is often NSFW due to language.  This happens to be fine on that score.  Still very violent)

The sword is a case of her summoning an item from her chest.

The Stun Hammer is a separate spell and doesn't require a hammer in her chest.

Nase is technically a summon from her chest, but the spell was heavily modified by mixing with Nanase's magic and she can summon multiple fairies.

So, the question is whether Susan is incapable of summoning extra weapons or whether each extra weapon summoned weakens previously summoned ones?

1 hour ago, showler said:

The sword is a case of her summoning an item from her chest.

The Stun Hammer is a separate spell and doesn't require a hammer in her chest.

Nase is technically a summon from her chest, but the spell was heavily modified by mixing with Nanase's magic and she can summon multiple fairies.

So, the question is whether Susan is incapable of summoning extra weapons or whether each extra weapon summoned weakens previously summoned ones?

I thought Dan said somewhere that Susan used a hammer because she couldn't make a second sword.  Since I can't find it in his commentary, it may have been his FB page?

Could Nase be her own spell?  How would that work with Susan wanting/needing multiple dolls from Nanase to have multiple different Nase appearances? 

Maybe Susan can't summon the same thing twice from her chest of goodies so three different Nases was summoning 3 different dolls once each?

Gooood, I was actually afraid the Koala vampire attack will succeed ...

19 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Or throwable hammer.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

She might have some other more deadly weapon she can summon now as well (like that axe she used on her first vampire back in France), but being more familiar with the hammers wanted to stun Koala first before she attempted the harder-for-her task of killing him.

I think if she was capable of summoning an axe rather than another sword, she probably would have, but Dan made it sound like the hammer was Susan's only other option so her summoning the bane is still restricted to one weapon from her chest at a time.

Didn't trained the spell enough, probably.

18 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Koala's down, but not out, and he's distracted Susan from Raven's fight. As I've pointed out, that's enough to keep Susan from helping Raven. Now would be the best time for Scarf to make his attack.

What's worse, I suspect Susan will need to whack Koala guy repeatedly to keep him down ...

11 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Also, Susan really should get herself a warhammer or even just a sledgehammer to put in her chest. Though the stun hammers might have a significantly different weight to them, as they don't need to be heavy to be effective. Hmm.... I wonder if a toy hammer would be useful against vampires if summoned by Susan.

It's something she should at least try anyway. Even if the stun hammers have different weight distribution, it should be easier for her to learn how to effectively use warhammer than sword.

3 hours ago, showler said:

The fairies are likely different spell now, while summoning sword still use original spell. Well, mostly, it does have durability upgrade ...

3 hours ago, showler said:

Might be that summoning another weapon immediately unsummon previous one. Not good idea just now.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

I thought Dan said somewhere that Susan used a hammer because she couldn't make a second sword.  Since I can't find it in his commentary, it may have been his FB page?

I see it in commentary.

15 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I wonder if a toy hammer would be useful against vampires if summoned by Susan.

We know that toy hammers are very useful when wielded by Catalina.

www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1082

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling