• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Wed Jan 03 2018

Confirmed that having big breasts was not what Susan liked on the cow form ...

Hmmm ... I'm not sure, would smelling magically really trigger her "allergy"? Of course it would be triggered if she would actually have some smelling substance somewhere, but I don't think that would be part of the mechanics even if the smell will be.

Also, do skunk actually smell normally? I think it only smells when deliberately spraying someone ...

(Also, still no in-story explanation why Rhoda used more cards than necessary. Although the way she explained the effects, it almost implies she deliberately wanted opposite effect on Susan.)

So Ashley did put her clothes back on, and there wasn't even a joke or big reveal about it. I guess our not being able to see much of Ashley the last couple of strips was coincidence after all.

(This is probably the third or fourth time I've been wrong in my predictions regarding the comic in the last few weeks. I'm not quite sure what to make of this; usually I'm pretty good at predicting where things are going in fiction. True, Dan doesn't fall into standard tropes as often as most writers, but I don't think he's surprised me this much in a long time. Either Dan's writing is more unpredictable than usual, or I've been making too many predictions lately.)

57 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, do skunk actually smell normally? I think it only smells when deliberately spraying someone ...

In theory Skunks don't smell bad, they just spray other animals with a foul perfume. This is just speculation, but I suspect that when they spray others they may sometimes get some of the scent on themselves as well. Of course, they try not to spray when they can avoid it, so most skunks would still smell fine most of the time.

So perhaps instead of Repel, the game mechanic should have been that when a player lands on the same space as her she could "spray" them and cause them to back off several spaces (and maybe then the sprayed person would have a temporary Repel effect...).

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

So Ashley did put her clothes back on, and there wasn't even a joke or big reveal about it. I guess our not being able to see much of Ashley the last couple of strips was coincidence after all.

Checked Patreon. Not even there.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

In theory Skunks don't smell bad, they just spray other animals with a foul perfume. This is just speculation, but I suspect that when they spray others they may sometimes get some of the scent on themselves as well. Of course, they try not to spray when they can avoid it, so most skunks would still smell fine most of the time.

Yup, that's what I meant.

On the other hand ... we have fox and dog here. Even if the way Susan is smelling didn't changed because of the card, saying she doesn't smell at all is not exact. She does and if the fox and dog form affect/enhances sense of smell, they can smell her.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Confirmed that having big breasts was not what Susan liked on the cow form ...

She might have been indifferent about larger breasts initially, but having them increase in size over time might have been too much.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Dan intentionally made it vague whether or not she ever took her clothes off, so I doubt we'll ever know.

My guess on what Dan meant by the kid form affecting movement, Susan's piece might move in random directions because kids are normally running all over the place.

13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

In theory Skunks don't smell bad, they just spray other animals with a foul perfume.

From personal experience, I have never been repelled by the smell of a skunk, or any other living animal.*

I have been repelled by the sight of a skunk.  Repelled to a degree that I wound up walking twice as far in winter.

Is it possible to have an Attractive effect for an animal form based on scent?
Maybe the Binturong.

*I have also been Repelled by the smell of questionably prepared animal flesh.

44 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I have been repelled by the sight of a skunk.  Repelled to a degree that I wound up walking twice as far in winter.

Well, there was a reason that when they built the Sphinx they gave it the body of a cat rather than that of a skunk.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, there was a reason that when they built the Sphinx they gave it the body of a cat rather than that of a skunk.

...or a skink for that matter.

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

They figured that if they did, someone would just raise a stink.

Skinks don't stink, but they can shrink from public view.

Actually the original body was in fact a skunk.  It's how the monument got its name as well as why it was quickly renovated.  But alas the name stuck. 

"Smell?  It sphinx!"

1 minute ago, Vorlonagent said:

Skinks don't stink, but they can shrink from public view.

Actually the original body was in fact a skunk.  It's how the monument got its name as well as why it was quickly renovated.  But alas the name stuck. 

"Smell?  It sphinx!"

Darn you, Pharaoh. You never told me this. Wasn't it bad enough that your family tried to erase your auntie Hachepsut from history?

"Kid" negates all attract effects relative to that player, but I believe there are ways "Skunk" could be combined with a card that gives "Attract".

Did anyone else suddenly think of a certain toon anthro skunkette?

1 hour ago, AFNB said:

Did anyone else suddenly think of a certain toon anthro skunkette?

Unlike Fifi  La Fume, Susan does not wear a ribbon in her hair.

But the real question is in the second panel where Susan asks "I don't actually smell, do I?"

Susan, If I remember correctly, you have never been drawn with nostrils.
How could you actually smell?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Posted before I was finished writing

No stink bomb much? But my mere guess is "Kid" impedes movement, for starters.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan, If I remember correctly, you have never been drawn with nostrils.
How could you actually smell?

Never have I ever seen Dan draw nostrils.

2 hours ago, Stature said:

No stink bomb much? But my mere guess is "Kid" impedes movement, for starters.

Never have I ever seen Dan draw nostrils.

It's extremely rare, but he has.