• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Illjwamh

Anniversaries

Given the in-universe timeline, some important anniversaries are coming up. Namely: when Tedd met Grace, and shortly thereafter the birth of Ellen and the battle with the Goo, which marked the first time the original main 8 were all in one place.

Any predictions on if/how these events will be observed by the characters in upcoming storylines?

The anniversary of the first meeting between Tedd and Grace will be celebrated by the main cast attending a viewing of "When Harry met Sally."

Lord Tedd will celebrate the anniversary of the failure of his first Goo by sending a much more powerful Godzilla-sized uber-Goo to stomp Moperville flat. It will be stopped by the actual Godzilla who happens to be migrating past on his way to a planned rampage in Ottawa.

40 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

The anniversary of the first meeting between Tedd and Grace will be celebrated by the main cast attending a viewing of "When Harry met Sally."

Lord Tedd will celebrate the anniversary of the failure of his first Goo by sending a much more powerful Godzilla-sized uber-Goo to stomp Moperville flat. It will be stopped by the actual Godzilla who happens to be migrating past on his way to a planned rampage in Ottawa.

Saved by a commuting Godzilla...

Just now, Vorlonagent said:

Saved by a commuting Godzilla...

Look, commuting is all the rage among rampaging kaiju these days. For one thing, it lets you rampage in a lot of places that otherwise wouldn't ever see a decent trail of devastation. How fair is it, I ask, that Tokyo gets to be flattened again and again but that it never happens in, say, Portland, Oregon? No. This way many different places get to benefit from kaiju-related tourism.

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

Look, commuting is all the rage among rampaging kaiju these days. For one thing, it lets you rampage in a lot of places that otherwise wouldn't ever see a decent trail of devastation. How fair is it, I ask, that Tokyo gets to be flattened again and again but that it never happens in, say, Portland, Oregon? No. This way many different places get to benefit from kaiju-related tourism.

and the economic boost from kaiju-related reconstruction.

I was more thinking what a mess Moperville would have been in had Godzilla chosen to telecommute that day.

4 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

and the economic boost from kaiju-related reconstruction.

I was more thinking what a mess Moperville would have been in had Godzilla chosen to telecommute that day.

Telecommuting is very unpopular in the kaiju profession.

Rampaging just isn't the same when you don't get to actually feel the buildings collapse around you as you smash your way downtown in rush hour.

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Telecommuting is very unpopular in the kaiju profession.

Rampaging just isn't the same when you don't get to actually feel the buildings collapse around you as you smash your way downtown in rush hour.

Good point.  let us hope Kaiju never discover VR...

Publicly, Ellen will celebrate her birthday with the gang by playing co-op...oh, let's say, Tamriel Unlimited.

Privately, Ellen will celebrate with Nanase by engaging in Harley/Ivy roleplay. She'll be Harley; Nanase will be Ivy. Neither pen nor paper nor dice will be required. ;-)

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

It will be stopped by the actual Godzilla who happens to be migrating past on his way to a planned rampage in Ottawa.

The Senators are ready for him.

The hockey team, not the politicians.

Oh and yeah, according to the timeline, Tedd and Grace's meeting should be coming up in a little over a week comic time, followed by Ellen's "Birthday"

20 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

A couple months I read a science-fiction comedy wherein it was incidentally (stuff unrelated to the story) reported that Godzilla had flattened Tokyo. But this was such an ordinary event that, the monster having returned to the sea, they expected reconstruction to be finished within three months.

4 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

Yes, I know. That's why I made this Godzilla thread.

sorry, I had just woke up and shoveled snow prior to posting that, I might have missed a few points .

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

sorry, I had just woke up and shoveled snow prior to posting that, I might have missed a few points .

Just curious: why don't you have a snow blower? It'd seem like that'd save a lot of manual labor.

A lot of snow blowers end up being even more manual labor.

I remember one winter when my dad bought a used snow blower.  I could never get that thing to start.  But my dad insisted that it was good and wouldn't get rid of it until he moved out of Michigan.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

That wasn't targeted at you; I was rather pointing out how quickly this thread went off the rails. So quickly, in fact, that one could argue it was never on them to begin with.

9 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Just curious: why don't you have a snow blower? It'd seem like that'd save a lot of manual labor.

We do have a snow blower, Dad was using it while I used the shovel. I used it today to clear the end of the driveway after the snow plow went through and created a new 2 and a half foot deep snowbank after Dad had already cleared it out. The snowblower must have been made for someone who's 5'8" tall though, both Dad and I are over 6 foot tall and using it was certainly hard on our backs.

On 1/4/2018 at 1:47 PM, Illjwamh said:

Given the in-universe timeline, some important anniversaries are coming up. Namely: when Tedd met Grace, and shortly thereafter the birth of Ellen and the battle with the Goo, which marked the first time the original main 8 were all in one place.

Any predictions on if/how these events will be observed by the characters in upcoming storylines?

Tedd will prepare a nice simple romantic event with Grace (possibly a dinner at home if his father will be out) then get insecure and go overboard on some aspect of the event (cooking too much, perhaps?)

Elliot and the Dunkels will put together a traditional birthday party for Ellen (possibly a surprise party, if she already celebrated on Elliot's birthday), probably with the rest of the main 8 invited.

Of course unless something happens relevant to the ongoing plot-lines we'll be lucky to even hear about these things in passing. (We've only heard about a couple of Grace and Tedd's dates, and the only birthday that we've seen celebrated is Grace's.)