• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday January 5, 2018

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
On 1/6/2018 at 5:35 AM, hkmaly said:

IF she could affect the bullet inside the gun, making it just little bigger would be much better idea :)

Even better: Making the bullet bigger inside the barrel. Now that would make quite a boom. 

I though the boom from making the bullet bigger inside the cylinder would be similar as inside the barrel.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I figure "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" is more specific in its prediction, that Pandora will be in between the gun and Adrian so that it hits her instead of Adrian.  Or maybe the bullet hangs suspended in mid-air in front of her, but that's not actually hitting her.

The thing is stopping the bullet with her maybe-not-really-solid body and just stop it in mid-air would be equivalent under immortal law. So, if she actually dives between the gun and Adrian, she's going for dramatic effect.

On 1/6/2018 at 0:02 PM, wanderingmagus said:

After all, the best defense is a good offense. If the gang wants to stop getting into life-threatening situations where their friends and family are in danger, maybe it's time to pull a Noriko and take the fight to the monsters themselves. They can't hurt you or your family if they're all dead.

Except that when the monsters are good at hiding, their numbers are unknown, and new ones can be born at any time, there's really no good way to kill all of them (or to know if you got them all). And if the ones that survive know you're hunting them, you just made yourself and your family that much more of a target. Also, you're much more likely to find something if you're hunting for it - and even for a Hunter any encounter with an Aberration is a chance for them to kill you.

Those who hunt Aberrations, evil magic users, and other "monsters" are doing a public service. But if the goal is the safety of oneself and one's family, the best option is to be ready for anything, but not to go looking for trouble. 

19 minutes ago, animalia said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The first one - The Alloy of Law.

Now that show that magic and technology CAN mix

If you want to see how magic and technology can mix look at Ghostwheel, computer capable of indexing universes.

The general rule in the US is that you only need to be 18 to get a shotgun; a handgun or large-capacity (11 magazines in my state) rifle you need to be 21.  Putting a shotgun in her chest seems like a prudent idea.

On 1/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, Don Edwards said:

Or a rubber-band machine gun

RBMG-standard-150x150.jpg

On 1/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, hkmaly said:

Not sure what is this actually shooting

Rubber bands.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:
On 1/6/2018 at 7:52 PM, hkmaly said:

Not sure what is this actually shooting

Rubber bands.

... oh.

That might not be much effective even against vampire ...

Well, if I remember correctly a single loading is 50 rubber bands. Barraging a vampire with that many magic (summoned) rubber bands, he's gonna notice. And Susan can unsummon the emptied weapon and summon a new fully-loaded weapon in a second - which is pretty fast as speed-loaders go.

26 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Well, if I remember correctly a single loading is 50 rubber bands. Barraging a vampire with that many magic (summoned) rubber bands, he's gonna notice. And Susan can unsummon the emptied weapon and summon a new fully-loaded weapon in a second - which is pretty fast as speed-loaders go.

Notice? Yes. Kill? No.