• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday January 5, 2018

Recommended Posts

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=715

I'm sure a lot of us weren't expecting a nurse outfit to be normal looking in this game.

Also, totally forgot about the cheerleader effect letting random people draw extra cards. I was confused when I saw Ashley with 4 when she swapped forms with Susan and thought that the Cowgirl form gave her a similar bonus as Busty because of the larger breasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm sure a lot of us weren't expecting a nurse outfit to be normal looking in this game.

It does seems a little out of character for Hanma.

The only thing I can think of is this game isn't supposed to be just for girls. If the card was specifically "sexy nurse", finding a male equivalent to the typical sexy nurse outfit might be hard; this way either gender can wear the same thing.

(Though that theory does raise the question of how certain other cards would work on a guy. Would the busty card result in man undergoing a sex-change or just a busty man? And what sort of effect would the "+ 1" to "attract" have on a cow guy (the first thing that comes to my mind would really be more appropriate for a horse)?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

(Though that theory does raise the question of how certain other cards would work on a guy. Would the busty card result in man undergoing a sex-change or just a busty man? And what sort of effect would the "+ 1" to "attract" have on a cow guy (the first thing that comes to my mind would really be more appropriate for a horse)?)

Well the card was specifically Cowgirl, a physical-animal combo card, so if a male were to use it, they'd be turned female.

Busty would likely have to make the male player female, it is a physical card after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well the card was specifically Cowgirl, a physical-animal combo card, so if a male were to use it, they'd be turned female.

Busty would likely have to make the male player female, it is a physical card after all.

I'm not sure if that "Cowgirl!" is supposed to be what the card is, or what the end result is on Ashley. Ashley doesn't actually read the card out loud, and whenever Dan or Hanma talk about it, they say "Cow Form" (at least, in the handful of strips and commentaries I bothered to check; I could have missed something). Still, if it was specifically a "cowgirl" form that would solve the problem.

As for "busty", it wouldn't necessarily have to change the sex of male-bodied players; men can have breasts. On the other hand, Dan does like his sex-change TFs, so I could see him using the card as an excuse for one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Also, totally forgot about the cheerleader effect letting random people draw extra cards.

It's not random, it's whoever is the most attractive.  Well, most attractive to the Golden Cheerleader, specifically; I suppose there are cards with targetted attraction bonuses?

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

The only thing I can think of is this game isn't supposed to be just for girls. If the card was specifically "sexy nurse", finding a male equivalent to the typical sexy nurse outfit might be hard; this way either gender can wear the same thing.

Hmm, a "sexy nurse" is usually the little white dress with deep neckline to show cleavage, a red cross on it somewhere, and a toy stethoscope around the neck.  I suppose the male equivalent could be an open white lab coat with a bare chest instead of a dress.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

(Though that theory does raise the question of how certain other cards would work on a guy. Would the busty card result in man undergoing a sex-change or just a busty man? And what sort of effect would the "+ 1" to "attract" have on a cow guy (the first thing that comes to my mind would really be more appropriate for a horse)?)

LOL, actually, bulls are known for the other male parts being big.  Someone discovered that their, ah, circumference correlated to sperm production, so they've been subject to selective breeding enhancing their "package" for a while now, along with the obligatory "Size does matter!" jokes from the breeders etc.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well the card was specifically Cowgirl, a physical-animal combo card, so if a male were to use it, they'd be turned female.

Busty would likely have to make the male player female, it is a physical card after all.

Hmm, does that mean there should be cards that turn female players male, too?  Or is the First Law of Gender-Bending in action?  (It says gender-bending tends to go from male to female and not back again or the reverse, for those of you afraid to click on a TV Tropes link.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm sure a lot of us weren't expecting a nurse outfit to be normal looking in this game.

Yes, definitely.

Wait, how is Catalina nurse? Isn't she still in school?

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well the card was specifically Cowgirl, a physical-animal combo card, so if a male were to use it, they'd be turned female.

Busty would likely have to make the male player female, it is a physical card after all.

I'm not sure if that "Cowgirl!" is supposed to be what the card is, or what the end result is on Ashley. Ashley doesn't actually read the card out loud, and whenever Dan or Hanma talk about it, they say "Cow Form" (at least, in the handful of strips and commentaries I bothered to check; I could have missed something). Still, if it was specifically a "cowgirl" form that would solve the problem.

As for "busty", it wouldn't necessarily have to change the sex of male-bodied players; men can have breasts. On the other hand, Dan does like his sex-change TFs, so I could see him using the card as an excuse for one...

I'm not entirely sure Dan spend at least this much time thinking about how the game would be played with men involved.

... or, in-universe, Hanma.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also, totally forgot about the cheerleader effect letting random people draw extra cards.

It's not random, it's whoever is the most attractive.  Well, most attractive to the Golden Cheerleader, specifically; I suppose there are cards with targetted attraction bonuses?

It might be random when there are no attractivity bonuses are in play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Naughty Nurse" is so much of a cliché that not using the Pin-Up option is actually more surprising within the game.

While Catalina is playing the part of the nurse, does she actually have medical skills?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

It's not random, it's whoever is the most attractive.  Well, most attractive to the Golden Cheerleader, specifically; I suppose there are cards with targetted attraction bonuses?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

It might be random when there are no attractivity bonuses are in play.

It's supposed to be random, but "Defaults to whoever <golden cheerleader> is attracted to most" so the first time around it defaulted to Ashley because she was in the cowgirl form, the second time around I would expect the least likely to be chosen to draw a card would have been Susan if the skunk repel is treated as a negative attraction, so it would have literally been a toss up between Ashley and Catalina. I supposed there are debates about whether or not a 50% chance is truly random, but if Susan didn't repel, it'd be a 33.3% between the three of them.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, does that mean there should be cards that turn female players male, too?  Or is the First Law of Gender-Bending in action?  (It says gender-bending tends to go from male to female and not back again or the reverse, for those of you afraid to click on a TV Tropes link.)

Maybe there's a Firefighter form that also has an Attract effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not entirely sure Dan spend at least this much time thinking about how the game would be played with men involved.

... or, in-universe, Hanma.

... unless it literally can't be played with men involved. Remember the other defaults?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the first playtest, and the test group is all female. Perhaps the game requires all-female now but there is intent to expand that later.

Or perhaps there's a plan to allow male players to transform to female as a free start-of-game transformation (that won't be affected by transformation-swaps or other in-game stuff, but will terminate at end of game like the others).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps some cards have different effects if being used by or on male or female players.  But as there are only female players at this game, only the female effects are showing.

If the cards are magical, the magical text might change depending on the reader.  Maybe not just by male or female but also including other variables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Perhaps some cards have different effects if being used by or on male or female players.  But as there are only female players at this game, only the female effects are showing.

If the cards are magical, the magical text might change depending on the reader.  Maybe not just by male or female but also including other variables.

That wouldn't work as you can use card on someone else than you, therefore the text must take that into account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this