• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Wednesday January 10, 2018

10 hours ago, Drasvin said:

This is not a good way to learn all this information, though it is arguably better than not learning it at all.

In a way, maybe it is easier for Pandora when she can blame the limited time she has left for how she's saying it. I mean, if she wasn't limited, she might spend lot of time thinking about how to say it best ... and ultimately fail anyway.

8 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Oh thank goodness for forced resets not being quick and automatic.  I had worried Pandora wouldn't have time to say certain important things.  Hopefully she can also let Adrian know to watch out for Tedd since he IS a wizard.

Totally didn't expected she will have this much time ...

... and yes, I hope she will manage to mention Tedd as well. Although even if she wouldn't, Tedd already knows it and can tell it himself. Susan and Diane's relationship to Adrian is more important.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ok that was unexpected, that means Adrian was with someone back when he was still good friends with Edward and Noriko, but Noriko would have been several months pregnant with Tedd when Diane was conceived so that immediately rules her out as being Diane's biological mother. I honestly don't think Dan's ever hinted at who Diane's biological mother could be so it's likely we've never seen her.

Probably ; both Noriko and Mrs. Kitsune were pregnant with someone else around that time, so it must've been someone else.

So I wonder how this is going to affect Noah, who recently attempted to get up the courage to ask Adrian if it'd be ok to call him Dad? Finding out that Adrian can and has had children and that Diane is his daughter might make Noah think that Adrian will end up giving Diane more attention and think less of him as family? I doubt that would actually be the case but considering what Noah was thinking at the time...

Maybe he will only find out about Diane AFTER he gets courage to ask?

Note that Diane being his daughter doesn't mean he MUST start caring about her. It's not like she's on street, she has one family already and is almost adult. Although yes I suppose that Adrian is the type who would feel obliged to help her in even more ways than just teaching her magic.

Now on to Pandora, she's stated that she's already sorted out what she wants to pass on to her next self, so maybe she's still hoping to make the Refresh work, maybe use the power sent by the other Immortals to her advantage? Maybe we can have a happy return of Pandora in the future.

She probably doesn't know how well it will work herself. It's experimental. Still, more that I expected ...

... and I sort of think her next incarnation would be happy regardless of how well this would work.

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, I can see those two figuring out the great-n-aunt thing pretty quickly.  And then one of them telling the other to never call her that again.  But I think it would be with humor, not with anger.

Agree.

9 hours ago, partner555 said:

I half expect Pandora to also say Noah is a descendant, but no one suspected a relation since he was male and thus looks less like Susan and Diane despite Magic trying it's darndest, hence why he looks like a girl.

Noah and Diane do look similar, what with the blonde hair and how Noah's bangs are long, but not quite as long as Diane's. Maybe Noah's father crossed paths with Adrian at one point and snagged a DNA sample from him? That would end up making Noah a half brother to Diane in a roundabout way, but it might also explain how Noah was able to learn magic, but it would make a MelissaxNoahxDiane ship rather awkward.

It can still happen on next page, but hey, maybe not everyone is related.

9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I saw Susan being a "distant descendant" a long ways back, but I expected Diane to to be one as well. I guess Raven still has sexual relations these days (or a couple of decades ago, which to someone his age might as well be "these days").

I wonder, was he married? Not that I personally think it wrong for people to have sex without being married, but it would still give us some interesting insight into his character to know his views on the matter.

... yeah ... I still assumed they are sisters, never considered the option they may be related this way, although it seems obvious in hindsight. This also means that Susan's cheating father may be red herring and not actually related to Adrian - it can be her mother. If it IS the father, they may be another relative still not revealed.

And I don't think he was married, but I might be projecting ... like, would he marry someone and forcing her to be childless that way?

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Adrian knew* he was infertile. In that culture I doubt he would have married without telling his wife in advance, and often there would be an explicit agreement that his wife would be very discreetly "unfaithful" and provide an heir. Other than the occasional marriage... he couldn't join any military, so would be hard-pressed to have become a nobleman, but he also doesn't seem the sort to be content as a medieval peasant farm-worker half a step above slavery. So I see him as a wanderer... since he knew there was no risk of him leaving a lady pregnant, there was no need to stay around and see if she was pregnant.

I would assume he spend lot of time as teacher, but teachers were wandering in past weren't they?

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

How many women would he have done this to? He's live in Germany, France, the US,  England.... Nanase's family has French connections, heck Edward Verres might also have French ancestry, Elliot's family (Dunkel) is German, Sarah Brown might be English ancestry. There'd been several generations between them so I doubt Ellen and Nanase would feel obligated to break up over this but still there's potential for a huge family reunion of sorts here.

Note that it's supposed to be hard for elves to have children. And I don't think everyone needs to be related. In fact, I think Elliot's family DONT have any hereditary magic.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's still possible for Diane to have been adopted, maybe her mother fell ill during pregnancy  and died during childbirth, or maybe she just fell on hard times, lost job, family member becoming ill, whatever and she just couldn't afford to take care of a baby.

... it's also possible her mother is "professional" (like, professional companionship) and never planned to care about any baby.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two that he did try to settle down with though.

Wouldn't be surprising if those never ended up pregnant by chance.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

It's hard to read Raven. He seems very controlled, but he thinks he went too far in inspiring Noriko to commit to using her power for the greatest good. And if he can get so worked up after centuries of experience, maybe he's really a very passionate person disguised by a crafted persona of a person very much under control.

There is also question how LONG he's so controlled. Maybe he only recently - meaning, AFTER Noriko - decided he needs to change how he lives and he was behaving differently before that. Maybe he's working for centuries to become this controlled.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

yeah ... I still assumed they are sisters, never considered the option they may be related this way, although it seems obvious in hindsight. This also means that Susan's cheating father may be red herring and not actually related to Adrian - it can be her mother. If it IS the father, they may be ano

Susan brought up that Raven looked like her dad.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note that Diane being his daughter doesn't mean he MUST start caring about her. It's not like she's on street, she has one family already and is almost adult. Although yes I suppose that Adrian is the type who would feel obliged to help her in even more ways than just teaching her magic.

Susan even said that "no one is obligated to another by genetics alone." Though she seemed to assume that Diane would thing the same way, we'll see if that's the case but considering Diane's reaction to Zeus telling her that she's related to Pandora and what would happen if she interfered, and her reaction to finding out Adrian is her dad, she's likely going to be getting the feels about it. Adrian just found out he could and has had several children, and while Susan is related to him, Diane's his daughter, so he'll probably want to connect with her.

Though I can certainly see Diane wanting to apologize for giving Adrian a hard time over the past few years in high school.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She probably doesn't know how well it will work herself. It's experimental. Still, more that I expected ...

... and I sort of think her next incarnation would be happy regardless of how well this would work.

That's if the forces reset doesn't scramble her knowledge like it did with Helena and Demetrius and we suddenly have a new, as yet unnamed Immortal creeping around Sarah's house wondering why Sarah's special?

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It can still happen on next page, but hey, maybe not everyone is related.

That would be filed under Wild Theories really.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note that it's supposed to be hard for elves to have children. And I don't think everyone needs to be related. In fact, I think Elliot's family DONT have any hereditary magic.

Same with this one, but it does seem awfully coincidental that Adrian would live in countries where several of the Main Eight's ancestors are from.

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... it's also possible her mother is "professional" (like, professional companionship) and never planned to care about any baby.

That would fall under "whatever".

2 hours ago, partner555 said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

yeah ... I still assumed they are sisters, never considered the option they may be related this way, although it seems obvious in hindsight. This also means that Susan's cheating father may be red herring and not actually related to Adrian - it can be her mother. If it IS the father, they may be ano

Susan brought up that Raven looked like her dad.

Right. Regardless. Alternatively, maybe BOTH her parents are Adrian's descendants.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Susan even said that "no one is obligated to another by genetics alone." Though she seemed to assume that Diane would thing the same way, we'll see if that's the case but considering Diane's reaction to Zeus telling her that she's related to Pandora and what would happen if she interfered, and her reaction to finding out Adrian is her dad, she's likely going to be getting the feels about it. Adrian just found out he could and has had several children, and while Susan is related to him, Diane's his daughter, so he'll probably want to connect with her.

Susan SAID "no one is obligated" but still had feels, so no wonder Diane does. Important is how will Adrian feel about that.

Though I can certainly see Diane wanting to apologize for giving Adrian a hard time over the past few years in high school.

... she behaved like true daughter, why apologizing? :)

That's if the forces reset doesn't scramble her knowledge like it did with Helena and Demetrius and we suddenly have a new, as yet unnamed Immortal creeping around Sarah's house wondering why Sarah's special?

You think Helena and Demetrius were not happy? :)

Hmmm ... ok, partially remembered vows from previous life can make you unhappy, although Zeus still looked less happy than Helena and Demetrius.

Same with this one, but it does seem awfully coincidental that Adrian would live in countries where several of the Main Eight's ancestors are from.

While there is quite a lot countries in Europe, not all are equally big or known ; it's more likely for him to be from same countries than for those two lists having no intersection.

That would fall under "whatever".

... seems little different option to me. All your options suggested she originally planned to care for the baby.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... she behaved like true daughter, why apologizing? :)

I guess the question is, did she treat her adopted parents the same way she treated Adrian?

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You think Helena and Demetrius were not happy? :)

Well they weren't upset with not being able to go party like Zeus is. But having that constant nagging of not remembering why they are doing what they're doing has got to be frustrating.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... seems little different option to me. Are your options suggested she originally planned to care for the baby.

No, just realizing that "whatever" doesn't have to be restricted to Diane's mother not being able to afford keeping a baby. There are a number of different reasons for giving up a baby for adoption.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I really think Helen and Demetrius reset when they realized how wrong they were to draft Susan and Nanase into killing that vampire when they were really still children. Pandora has lots to feel sorry for, but what she did did, protecting her child and his descendants, sounds more like responsible behavior rather than the irresponsible behavior of H&D in France. She knows he's broken the rules, but she doesn't really feel remorse for doing it, only for violating a rule she has followed for her very, very long life and believes all Immortals should follow.

Of course, Voltaire, not so much.

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

No, just realizing that "whatever" doesn't have to be restricted to Diane's mother not being able to afford keeping a baby. There are a number of different reasons for giving up a baby for adoption.

Agreed. However, I don't think Raven has ever robbed the cradle, allowing for the changing standards of time and place. Did you know that Edgar Allen Poe married his 14-year-old first cousin?

An amazing crackpot plot theory deserves its own post. This one is old, but it has a bit more credibility with today's revelation that Raven is the father of eighteen-year-old Diane, meaning he was sexually active eighteen or nineteen years ago (Diane's birthday was less than a month ago, Moperverse time).

It is, big surprise, is that Raven fathered at least one sibling for Tedd. Or maybe twins. Remember the title of this entire arc is "Sister 3" so a third sister for someone is appropriate. And given how much Edward knows, he might know that Immortals really can have children and it may have come up in conversation, quite possibly just before the divorce. And given the long tradition in the Kitsune family, it's quite possible one of their family secrets is one (or more) Immortals in the old family 木.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I really think Helen and Demetrius reset when they realized how wrong they were to draft Susan and Nanase into killing that vampire when they were really still children. Pandora has lots to feel sorry for, but what she did did, protecting her child and his descendants, sounds more like responsible behavior rather than the irresponsible behavior of H&D in France. She knows he's broken the rules, but she doesn't really feel remorse for doing it, only for violating a rule she has followed for her very, very long life and believes all Immortals should follow.

I really think that realizing you are wrong CANT make you reset improperly. Immortal law is not about good or bad and they WERE following the law.

29 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Agreed. However, I don't think Raven has ever robbed the cradle, allowing for the changing standards of time and place. Did you know that Edgar Allen Poe married his 14-year-old first cousin?

Technically, he did. Half his age plus seven is more than any mortal can hope to live to. And Pandora was also too old for Blaike, even if you count just her age from last reset.

21 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

An amazing crackpot plot theory deserves its own post. This one is old, but it has a bit more credibility with today's revelation that Raven is the father of eighteen-year-old Diane, meaning he was sexually active eighteen or nineteen years ago (Diane's birthday was less than a month ago, Moperverse time).

It is, big surprise

No surprise. Didn't you posted it at least twice already?

22 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And given how much Edward knows, he might know that Immortals really can have children and it may have come up in conversation, quite possibly just before the divorce. And given the long tradition in the Kitsune family, it's quite possible one of their family secrets is one (or more) Immortals in the old family 木.

It is unlikely but possible that Adrian had children with Noriko, but I don't believe Edward OR Noriko knowing that immortals can have children and not telling that to Adrian. ESPECIALLY if he had children with Noriko.

Of course, IF Edward only learn later - or maybe even Noriko could be told family secret too late - AND told Adrian when they were already arguing, there would be possibility he didn't believed them. In that case, however, we would find out soon as he will apologize for that.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No surprise. Didn't you posted it at least twice already?

At the least.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It is unlikely but possible that Adrian had children with Noriko, but I don't believe Edward OR Noriko knowing that immortals can have children and not telling that to Adrian. ESPECIALLY if he had children with Noriko.

Well, if Noriko had a child that she knew had to be Adrian's, she'd have a few reasons to keep it secret from:

1. Tedd, because she has kept her other child/children secret from Tedd.
  2. Raven, to spare his feelings.
  3. Raven, because he could conceivably fight her for custody.
  4. The DGB, because of some secret nonsense, or because they might take the wunderkind result of her little fling.
  5. Nanase and Akiko--you really don't think Mama Kitsune wouldn't know, would you? Or would want them to know? 

33 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, if Noriko had a child that she knew had to be Adrian's, she'd have a few reasons to keep it secret from:

1. Tedd, because she has kept her other child/children secret from Tedd.
  2. Raven, to spare his feelings.
  3. Raven, because he could conceivably fight her for custody.
  4. The DGB, because of some secret nonsense, or because they might take the wunderkind result of her little fling.
  5. Nanase and Akiko--you really don't think Mama Kitsune wouldn't know, would you? Or would want them to know? 

I meant if they knew for other reason than just because Noriko had a child she somehow knew can't be Edwards.

She may be legendary monster hunter NOW, but she was STUDENT back then, not some expert manipulator. And "spare Raven's feelings"? That doesn't seem like something that happened.

I'm not discussing your basic theory. I just think that your newest update - the idea that unlike Adrian, Edward and/or Noriko knew immortals can have children - makes it making less sense, not more.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

She may be legendary monster hunter NOW, but she was STUDENT back then, not some expert manipulator.

Ah, no, Noriko would have to have had the child after Tedd.

Unless...

Well, what if Raven is really Tedd's father? Then Noriko could still have been a student. I don't <i>like</i> either possibility, but there's nothing I know of in canon that would rule it out. 

How about this? Noriko had sex with both Raven and Edward about the time Tedd was conceived, but assumed Tedd had to be Edward's child, since half-Immortals can't have children. But then later she gets pregnant again, and there's no one but Raven could have been the father, if we rule out parthenogenesis, secret implantation, roofies, etc.

Anyway, the most plausible version to me is that Noriko had more and more problems with Edward wanting her to spend more time with Tedd, had a tryst with Raven in a weak moment, and bingo, pregnant again when she hasn't had sex with anyone else at any time when the second child could be conceived. Things like this do happen in the real world, I presume.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

the idea that unlike Adrian, Edward and/or Noriko knew immortals can have children - makes it making less sense, not more.

You have a point, if Noriko believed Immortals could not have children and Edward believed Noriko wouldn't cheat. Again, real world precedents. But you still have a point; it does them knowing before the fact less plausible--except for Edward, I think. He's pretty much established as The Man Who Knows Secrets Known to No One Else. Although not every secret. Maybe.

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

except for Edward, I think. He's pretty much established as The Man Who Knows Secrets Known to No One Else. Although not every secret. Maybe.

He wasn't born that way. He learned those secrets while rising into the position of head of paranormal division. He didn't held that position when Noriko left yet. Possibly, Arthur Arthur did.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

I honestly don't think Dan's ever hinted at who Diane's biological mother could be so it's likely we've never seen her.

Sure we have; during sleepy time, when Mr Pompoms was involved with the blonde woman who looked like Susan/Diane. She looked rather shocked to see Susan, so maybe she figured right age, could have been the daughter she gave up for adoption? From a guy who happens to look like the guy she's playing around with?

Also happens to e where Dan's ancestors are from. Your point?

Edited by Kazzellin
accidental double post

1 hour ago, Kazzellin said:

Sure we have; during sleepy time, when Mr Pompoms was involved with the blonde woman who looked like Susan/Diane. She looked rather shocked to see Susan, so maybe she figured right age, could have been the daughter she gave up for adoption? From a guy who happens to look like the guy she's playing around with?

Huh, well Susan did say that Adrian in his true form looked like her dad, maybe Diane's mom mistook Susan's dad for Adrian? Maybe managed to sweet talk her way into Mr Pompoms arms despite his initial protests of not having met her before?

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Huh, well Susan did say that Adrian in his true form looked like her dad, maybe Diane's mom mistook Susan's dad for Adrian? Maybe managed to sweet talk her way into Mr Pompoms arms despite his initial protests of not having met her before?

I think her body provided a rather compelling counter-protest, if Susan's memory hasn't enhanced it. Up to Dan, of course. She didn't look quite as luscious in the mirror as she did in Sleep Time.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, Kazzellin said:

Hmmmm ... interesting idea. Although I wouldn't expect she actually though it's her daughter - too much coincidence. She might, however, be shocked by the similarity ...

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think her body provided a rather compelling counter-protest, if Susan's memory hasn't enhanced it. Up to Dan, of course. She didn't look quite as luscious in the mirror as she did in Sleep Time.

... it is also possible that it was still Mr Pompoms who held the initiative but only succeeded because she mistaken him for Adrian first. Hard to say who was the more "evil" one there. Personally I'm going with "Mr. Verres had something more than that single night stand to base his comment about cheating cheater on", but it's true at this point it's also possible it WAS single mistake of Mr. Pompoms ...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Personally I'm going with "Mr. Verres had something more than that single night stand to base his comment about cheating cheater on", but it's true at this point it's also possible it WAS single mistake of Mr. Pompoms ...

You reminded me of what Mr. Verres told Nanase about Susan's dad being a cheating cheater who cheated. That was a very passionate statement. I now wonder if Noriko cheating on him had something to do with that passion.