• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday January 10, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=717

Considering Dan's kept everyone in character despite this being out of continuity, Susan's reaction isn't surprising seeing as she's been pretty self conscious about people calling her lanky and intimidating, Rhoda's compliment sticks out as something positive to her.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering Dan's kept everyone in character despite this being out of continuity, Susan's reaction isn't surprising seeing as she's been pretty self conscious about people calling her lanky and intimidating, Rhoda's compliment sticks out as something positive to her.

The fact both Catalina and Ashley seems to agree might also help.

However, it's apparent that Susan is not getting lot of compliments like this. Otherwise she would already realize that all those attributes of clothing she finds embarrassing are sexy.

Otherwise: nice solution - only now I realized that making Police physical/clothing card would be the easiest change. Or, well, because Susan was already drawn without any physical change (also, what physical change should Police make?), making it physical/clothing without the physical part actually done.

Sexy kid anything is iffy.  Sexy/sassy girl's police are very iffy.   On the gripping hand, Susan does seem to like the fact that she is "sexy".

Please don't tell me that Susan only now realizes that other people think that she is attractive.

I sat through far too many teen movies where the plain girl is revealed to be the beauty back in the 80s.
I don't need to see Susan play that part now.

You might find it disturbing that you've missed out on almost three decades of movies using that story line. Though fortunately for you and unfortunately for everyone who have suffered through these they have not become any better no matter how many times they try to reinvent them.

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

also, what physical change should Police make?

If I had to guess, increased strength and a more authoritative stance, posture, and such

3 hours ago, Drasvin said:

If I had to guess, increased strength and a more authoritative stance, posture, and such

As for the effect a police TF should have in the game? I dunno, maybe a "traffic cop" effect where other players can't land on or pass the space the police player is on? There might be some advantage of keeping other players back "rolled an 11? sorry but you can only move 3."

8 hours ago, Drasvin said:
On 1/11/2018 at 0:25 AM, hkmaly said:

also, what physical change should Police make?

Increased strength is not something which would be visible in game like this ... and I'm not sure about the stance and posture either. Especially with Susan sitting.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

As for the effect a police TF should have in the game? I dunno, maybe a "traffic cop" effect where other players can't land on or pass the space the police player is on? There might be some advantage of keeping other players back "rolled an 11? sorry but you can only move 3."

Might be too big advantage.

I guess the card must have still mentioned that it was physical/clothing despite the original physical transformation having been removed; otherwise there's no explanation for why Susan thought the card would undo "Kid". It's also interesting (and lucky) that without a set transformation, the physical aspect of the card acted as a reset to default.

21 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sorry, but this one lost me.  Susan just doesn't seem to be acting like Susan.

It feels a bit off to me too. Although personally I'm not sure how much of it is how she's acting, and how much is the fact that between the lipstick and her expression, she doesn't look herself.

12 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I guess the card must have still mentioned that it was physical/clothing despite the original physical transformation having been removed; otherwise there's no explanation for why Susan thought the card would undo "Kid".

Considering it's Susan, probably ; she's not the type to forgot, considering she wasn't dizzy anymore ...

It's also interesting (and lucky) that without a set transformation, the physical aspect of the card acted as a reset to default.

As physical/clothing card, it replaced the kid, which caused reset to default. Why should it behave differently?

21 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sorry, but this one lost me.  Susan just doesn't seem to be acting like Susan.

It feels a bit off to me too. Although personally I'm not sure how much of it is how she's acting, and how much is the fact that between the lipstick and her expression, she doesn't look herself.

Well, consider this (and this, but that was under FV5). But yes, it does feel weird.

As I said, I think that Susan is not used to people saying stuff like this to her - noone realized that she may like hearing it. Although she would probably NOT like hearing it from most people ... if Elliot said it, however ...

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

As physical/clothing card, it replaced the kid, which caused reset to default. Why should it behave differently?

Well, removing the details of the card's transformation could have resulted in the card causing no transformation at all. The only result of it being a clothing/physical card in this case would be that you could use it to buy a two space (or with a 1-type card to buy a 3 space).

With it not being something that was supposed to happen, it could also have had even stranger or more dangerous effects, but that might have totally derailed the plot and possibly have gotten too dark for EGS.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, consider this (and this, but that was under FV5). But yes, it does feel weird.

As I said, I think that Susan is not used to people saying stuff like this to her - noone realized that she may like hearing it. Although she would probably NOT like hearing it from most people ... if Elliot said it, however ...

Speaking for myself, I don't think Susan being happy about being thought of as sexy is out of character. I just didn't think that her expression and pose seemed like ones Susan would make (even happy Susan). I'm have just confirmed however that it's almost entirely the fault of the lipstick; this looks a lot more like Susan to me:

bunnycop_nolipstick.png

Incidentally, regarding Susan's reaction, Dan said this on Patreon, which is relevant to the conversation here:

Every card can have a subtle effect on personality, and my own personal rules about canon say what's going on is open to interpretation.

If one accepts the headcanon of the author (me) as canon, however, it has to do with the fact that Rhoda was stating it as though it were a fact, and wasn't out to "get" anything from Susan when she said it. Susan would generally react poorly to such a thing because it would be said by someone trying to seduce and/or manipulate her, and she has no reason to think touching is imminent.

Basically, this matter of fact declaration of her being sexy hits all the right Susan buttons.