• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story: Friday 12 Jan 2018

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Ah, let's make a mess of things. Somehow, for some reason, Elliot/Magus and Ellen/Sirleck touch the DD at the same time. Elliot and Ellen are spun free and clear, and a new body is created that is possessed by both Magus and Sirleck. Magus and Sirleck then get into an argument which turns into a knockdown brawl - all by themself. Elliot and Ellen are, naturally, rather confused (by how they got where they are, as well as by what they are witnessing), but Ashley is able to figure out what happened and explain it to them.

What I expect to happen is Elliot/Magus touches the diamond, producing a new body with the appearance Elliot/Magus currently sports, and with Magus in possession of it (perhaps he knows a spell to ensure that his soul takes up residence in the body as its only inhabitant before a new soul can wind up in it). Sirleck then detaches from Ellen and attempts to possess the new body. Depending on if Sirleck catches Magus off guard and whether Magus has any defenses against possession, this could lead to Magus fighting Sirleck one way or another.

I suspect the "curse" the new body will have the ability to spread is "blonde hair" (possibly with a few other minor physical changes).

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Eventually the wizard Magus is able to destroy Sirleck, but then Elliot and Ellen explain to him that by virtue of that damnable diamond he now has the power to spread the curse of being possessed by Sirleck and/or the curse of being possessed by Magus. He doesn't know what to make of that.

I don't see how "possession by someone" would work as a spreadable curse. Would Magus be creating copies of himself to possess other people? Or would he be able to spread his control over multiple bodies, creating an army of drones under his command? Either option seems a bit over-powered, and neither seems like a power Magus would ever choose to use (so why introduce it into the story?).

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Either option seems a bit over-powered, and neither seems like a power Magus would ever choose to use (so why introduce it into the story?).

Weeell, both seem like something SIRLECK might choose to use.

And Magus might have even more powerful spells.

I suspect the "curse" the new body will have the ability to spread is "blonde hair" (possibly with a few other minor physical changes).

... giving Elliot ability to be blonde without being girl. Hmmm ...

Note: I know that it's grayscale comic, but what if Magus is not blonde but has actually white hair? Or it may be some more exotic color light enough to be white in grayscale.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:
4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Either option seems a bit over-powered, and neither seems like a power Magus would ever choose to use (so why introduce it into the story?).

Well, assuming they're autonomous, making copies of Magus wouldn't be of much use to Sirleck. Making copies of Sirleck or spreading his control might be useful to him though.

At any rate the Dewitchery Diamond is specifically designed to work with transformations (that was what the Werewolf curse was, after all). For all we know it might not count any other type of magic as a "curse". Even if it does count some other types of magic, I suspect it's limited to cases where a spell was cast on the "victim"; I'm thinking the more hands-on type of magic involved in possession is probably beyond the Diamond's ability to do anything about. (I mean, Sirleck is latched onto Ellen; what's the Diamond going to do, tear him off of her to put him on "Ellen II"? And while Magus certainly plans on winding up in "Elliot II", I expect he needs to add his own magic to the mix to pull that off.)

Am I the only one upset by her not giving him a hug goodbye? :( 

Hmmm... Connection, eh? Connection between the two sides of the coin, connection between immortals, or connection with her blood line? Will Diane and Susan now have actual Vulcan ears, instead of Vulcan-like ears (which Dan hasn't really been drawing lately, anyway)? Awesome as that would be (Susan would probably love it), I'm assuming it's the connection between worlds. I'm assuming it has to do with the dam she put up, since (I'm sure someone already mentioned?) she wasn't legally allowed to take it down before.

I have to wonder whether Adrian will be able to remain relatively composed after this. I can't picture him having a sobbing fit, but I'm not sure that he would sigh and move on, either. We might have a repeat of panel 8.

You know, something I've been wondering about with Adrian and Diane - did he ever even know Diane's bioMom was pregnant? If it was a one-night stand, he might not have. If it was a relationship, on the other hand, even if the child wasn't his, I have to wonder why Diane was put up for adoption when Raven was clearly okay with raising children who aren't his (biologically speaking). Makes me wonder if he was allowed to. Given that Arthur J. Arthur doesn't like him, if Arthur was the one in charge when Diane was born, he might have been denied being able to adopt her, and later was only able to adopt Noah because Edward was the one calling the shots by that time. 

Just now, Kazzellin said:

Depending on how the forced reset works, that might be hazardous to Raven.

1 minute ago, Kazzellin said:

I have to wonder whether Adrian will be able to remain relatively composed after this. I can't picture him having a sobbing fit, but I'm not sure that he would sigh and move on, either. We might have a repeat of panel 8.

Like ancestor like descendant I guess if it comes to it.

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A long time ago, I speculated that a half-immortal would begin to "age" normally (or faster) upon the reset of their immortal parent.

We may actually find out if one of my predictions was accurate.

I doubt it. I see no reason for an Elves' personal aging process to be tied to the state of their Immortal parent.

41 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, assuming they're autonomous, making copies of Magus wouldn't be of much use to Sirleck. Making copies of Sirleck or spreading his control might be useful to him though.

... true, it would need to be Sirleck-controlled Magus.

41 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

At any rate the Dewitchery Diamond is specifically designed to work with transformations (that was what the Werewolf curse was, after all). For all we know it might not count any other type of magic as a "curse". Even if it does count some other types of magic, I suspect it's limited to cases where a spell was cast on the "victim"; I'm thinking the more hands-on type of magic involved in possession is probably beyond the Diamond's ability to do anything about. (I mean, Sirleck is latched onto Ellen; what's the Diamond going to do, tear him off of her to put him on "Ellen II"? And while Magus certainly plans on winding up in "Elliot II", I expect he needs to add his own magic to the mix to pull that off.)

For Magus purposes the idea that Dewitchery Diamond would consider the blonde hair curse would be perfect. And considering what happened to Nioi, it likely does. He only needs to end up possessing the "correct" copy.

29 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

actual Vulcan ears (Susan would probably love it)

Not enough to ask for that option on the watches, though. Sure, Tedd didn't mentioned if he can do it, but she could've at least ask.

You know, something I've been wondering about with Adrian and Diane - did he ever even know Diane's bioMom was pregnant? If it was a one-night stand, he might not have. If it was a relationship, on the other hand, even if the child wasn't his, I have to wonder why Diane was put up for adoption when Raven was clearly okay with raising children who aren't his (biologically speaking). Makes me wonder if he was allowed to. Given that Arthur J. Arthur doesn't like him, if Arthur was the one in charge when Diane was born, he might have been denied being able to adopt her, and later was only able to adopt Noah because Edward was the one calling the shots by that time. 

We don't know if he was already in mood to adopt children 18 years ago ... but I would consider more likely he doesn't know. Note that I imagine his relationships more like lasting few weeks to months, but that might still be too short to know about the child, especially if it was conceived near the end of relationship and if he basically disappeared afterwards.

I don't think Arthur would object to Adrian adopting child, it would probably not be his jurisdiction. However, it MIGHT call attention Raven didn't wanted to the child.

Note that I wouldn't be so sure Noah is legally adopted. It doesn't seem Edward knows about him.

26 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Looking at last panel, it doesn't LOOK safe. Sure she might hug him earlier, but perhaps she was afraid she wouldn't be able to let him go ...

15 minutes ago, partner555 said:
22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A long time ago, I speculated that a half-immortal would begin to "age" normally (or faster) upon the reset of their immortal parent.

We may actually find out if one of my predictions was accurate.

I doubt it. I see no reason for an Elves' personal aging process to be tied to the state of their Immortal parent.

I do. It is possible part of their immortality is actually powered by their parent similarly as Jerry was powering the hammers. So yes, they might lose part of their power and start aging. After all, their descendants are even less powerful and seem to age normally.

However, we are unlikely to actually SEE that. Raven would only start looking visible older after several years if he would age as fast as humans, and that would be how many, 50 years of comics?

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Magus is not blonde but has actually white hair? Or it may be some more exotic color light enough to be white in grayscale.

Tedd has purple hair, Liz has green hair, and neither one has been tagged as a freak by anyone else in the Moperverse for their hair color. And thanks to DGB, sudden hair- and eye-color changes have been officially recognized as a natural phenomenon. And there are people in the boring universe we are living in with white hair. And even people whose eye-color can change. I was married to one of them.

I've already speculated that Sirleck without a host touching the Dewitchery Diamond would kill him. Perhaps that would have something to do with the nature of souls in the Moperverse. Ellen was issued a new soul upon being created, at least according to Nioi. But do Aberrations have souls? Trading humanity for a reward sounds very close to the old trope of selling one's soul--and that old trope is arguably in canon.

56 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

If he knew, he assumed someone else was the father. Diane's biomom could have been married to someone else, after all. No, not Noriko because Diane obviously is not half-Japanese--unless the Will of Magic decrees that all of Adrian's descendants will have an incredible resemblance to him. Come to think of it, something like that should be true if Susan is a distant descendant, but because Diane and Tedd are less than a year apart in age, it's still unlikely that Diane is Nanase's first cousin and Tedd's half-sister.

I can see a one-night stand happening. Even though he believed until today that he couldn't father a child, Raven probably wouldn't be comfortable with marriage or similar permanent arrangements because even if he can fake aging, his partners will still age for real, and die. Even if he is willing to be honest with a permanent partner about his true nature, they still most likely will outlive him.

In fact, this is probably why he doesn't show his real love for Noah to Noah. Noah is his "ward" and I suspect Raven would call him that even if he has formally adopted Noah.

Another possibility is that Diane's biomom lied to Raven and told him Diane had another father. If Diane's "adoptive" mom is actually the woman who gave birth to her, and since they all live in Moperville, this would almost certainly be the case.

There's still the mystery of why Raven felt a connection with Susan the first time he met her, but doesn't seem to have felt that connection with Diane even though Diane was one of his students last year and maybe in other classes. Diane is his daughter, after all. Just the blond hair?

25 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's still the mystery of why Raven felt a connection with Susan the first time he met her, but doesn't seem to have felt that connection with Diane even though Diane was one of his students last year and maybe in other classes. Diane is his daughter, after all. Just the blond hair?

Susan is awakened, but Diane isn't? Best I've got.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Magus is not blonde but has actually white hair? Or it may be some more exotic color light enough to be white in grayscale.

Tedd has purple hair, Liz has green hair, and neither one has been tagged as a freak by anyone else in the Moperverse for their hair color. And thanks to DGB, sudden hair- and eye-color changes have been officially recognized as a natural phenomenon. And there are people in the boring universe we are living in with white hair. And even people whose eye-color can change. I was married to one of them.

So imagine how exotic color would it need to be to look exotic to them!

... ok, I meant exotic to us.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I've already speculated that Sirleck without a host touching the Dewitchery Diamond would kill him. Perhaps that would have something to do with the nature of souls in the Moperverse. Ellen was issued a new soul upon being created, at least according to Nioi. But do Aberrations have souls? Trading humanity for a reward sounds very close to the old trope of selling one's soul--and that old trope is arguably in canon.

I don't consider Nioi authoritative source and even she wasn't completely sure. Now, if Magus would confirm existence of soul ...

... still not sure why should Dewitchery Diamond kill him. I think it would just not work. It didn't duplicated the pillow it lied on, did it? (Granted, that pillow likely wasn't enchanted.)

30 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If he knew, he assumed someone else was the father. Diane's biomom could have been married to someone else, after all.

Yes. The fast Diane ended up in adoption doesn't speak well about him, but he may have reasons.

No, not Noriko

... Diane's mom being married to Noriko might be possible but she would not think she's father. :)

unless the Will of Magic decrees that all of Adrian's descendants will have an incredible resemblance to him. Come to think of it, something like that should be true if Susan is a distant descendant

Hmmmm  ... it's true that her father did had this sort of resemblance, but I would think Justin had point about Magic's flair for drama - Susan and Diane look so similar because they are related and drama, and it's not true about ALL Adrian's descendants.

4 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Susan is awakened, but Diane isn't? Best I've got.

Maybe he DID felt a connection with Diane first time he met her but learned to ignore it because she behaved quite un-raven-like.

The awakening might also help, though.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... Diane's mom being married to Noriko might be possible but she would not think she's father. :)

I'm not sure what you meant to say here.

If you're speaking of the parents who are raising Diane, that would mean Noriko is still living in Moperville and she and Edward have been lying to Tedd.

If you're talking about Diane's biomom being married to Noriko when Diane was concieved, that's not possible because Noriko was still married to Edware, Tedd's dad (at least Tedd thinks Edward is his dad.)

If Noriko really is in Europe and married to Diane's biomom, wouldn't they be raising Diane?

There's another mystery: What are the odds of Diane being adopted as an infant by a family living in Moperville? Or if living somewhere else at the time, of them moving to Moperville? Remember, Raven has been teaching at Moperville South so long he taught Edward, Noriko, and Nanase's mom, so he was already living in Moperville before Diane was born and before she would have been adopted.

Hey, my theory that Diane wasn't really adopted is sounding more plausible now, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure what you meant to say here.

I was making fun of your formulation. I suppose you wanted to talk about Diane's mom BEING Noriko, but it sounded like you talk about Diane's mom being married to Noriko. Which would be possible (in some states, not sure if in Illinois  18 years ago), but wouldn't really work in the context of Diane's mom assuming her child's father is her husband.

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If you're talking about Diane's biomom being married to Noriko when Diane was concieved, that's not possible because Noriko was still married to Edware, Tedd's dad (at least Tedd thinks Edward is his dad.)

... ok, good point, this makes it impossible.

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's another mystery: What are the odds of Diane being adopted as an infant by a family living in Moperville? Or if living somewhere else at the time, of them moving to Moperville? Remember, Raven has been teaching at Moperville South so long he taught Edward, Noriko, and Nanase's mom, so he was already living in Moperville before Diane was born and before she would have been adopted.

Hey, my theory that Diane wasn't really adopted is sounding more plausible now, isn't it?

You mean that if you put infant to adoption, they will deliberately take it to different state just to shuffle them? I think that infant put in adoption in Moperville can have pretty big chance being adopted by people in Moperville. But it's true I don't have experience with adoption system in US. Or anywhere else, in fact. I might have them confused with animal shelters.

20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You mean that if you put infant to adoption, they will deliberately take it to different state just to shuffle them? I think that infant put in adoption in Moperville can have pretty big chance being adopted by people in Moperville. But it's true I don't have experience with adoption system in US. Or anywhere else, in fact. I might have them confused with animal shelters.

Well, at least in the America where I live in, white infants are the gold standard for adoption. White couples would rather adopt unwanted Chinese girls than American-born black or Mexican babies, and are generally willing to pay for the privilege. If Diane was born in Illinois and would up a ward of the State, she could have been adopted anywhere in Illinois. If Moperville is like Naperville, it's a fairly affluent community and most adoptions are by more affluent people. In fact, that's a big reason why I was pretty sure Susan was adopted because her mom is filthy rich and otherwise childless. She'd have the money to bribe people into changing the records so that Susan would be her official biological child. But Moperville/Naperville isn't the only affluent town in Illinois.

Moperville seems to have around 100,000 people; Illinois has 12.6 million, about a third of them in Chicago. Ignoring the bias for affluence, the odds are more than 100 to 1 that Diane would have been adopted by someone who lives in Moperville. Or 200 to 1 living in the Moperville South High School District.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm  ... it's true that her father did had this sort of resemblance, but I would think Justin had point about Magic's flair for drama - Susan and Diane look so similar because they are related and drama, and it's not true about ALL Adrian's descendants.

How many of Raven's descendants do we know about? Your assertion that they don't all look like Adrian has no proof. Pandora said that Susan was a "distant descendant." Since she was sure of it, she knew how distant, but didn't take time to explain more because she didn't have much time. But she could have said "granddaughter" almost as quickly, so there has to be at least one "great" behind that.

Magic might be involved in another way. We don't know how much magic power either Susan or Diane inherited from their mothers. More magic power inherited from their mothers may have triggered more resemblance to Adrian.

And while I'm thinking of Diane, will we get to see how Diane will take the revelation that Adrian is her father soon? Dan didn't say this the end of Part 22 Apocalypse, but it has been an apocalypse for Susan, Diane and Adrian by definition, hasn't it? And even if magic does change, it should take some time. Time enough to go back to Magus, Sirleck, Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley, perhaps. Or Sarah's date with Sam. Or to check in with Justin and Grace at Salty Crackers. Or find out what Rhoda and Catalina are up to, particularly when Dan took so much trouble to give Rhoda really formidable power while he was working on Sister III.

Guess we'll know Monday.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And while I'm thinking of Diane, will we get to see how Diane will take the revelation that Adrian is her father soon? Dan didn't say this the end of Part 22 Apocalypse, but it has been an apocalypse for Susan, Diane and Adrian by definition, hasn't it? And even if magic does change, it should take some time. Time enough to go back to Magus, Sirleck, Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley, perhaps. Or Sarah's date with Sam. Or to check in with Justin and Grace at Salty Crackers. Or find out what Rhoda and Catalina are up to, particularly when Dan took so much trouble to give Rhoda really formidable power while he was working on Sister III.

Guess we'll know Monday.

Unless Sister III continues into Saturday (in story) or Sarah winds up involved in one of the major plot threads of the story, I don't expect to see her and Sam's date until after Sister III. And I don't expect to see what Justin, Grace, Rhoda, Catalina, or even Tedd are up to this evening unless it gets interrupted so they can go rescue Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley or otherwise get involved in the plot. (And I doubt Rhoda and Catalina will be involved in any rescue mission, as they're not part of the main 8 and thus unlikely to be called in a tight spot, at least unless Diane is still hanging around and thinks they can help.)

3 hours ago, partner555 said:

There's a Word of Dan on what Pandora did:

So either she destroyed all aberrations, or she depowered Moperville herself so that more aberrations and other monsters wouldn't be drawn to the area and threaten her family again.

The problem with destroying all aberrations is Sirleck is an aberration and he didn't get destroyed, I don't think being connected to Ellen saved him either because then that means other body snatchers like him would have been protected and I don't really see her being able to single out Ellen for protection while killing all snatchers and their hosts, we're not even certain she knows that Ellen is possessed by Sirleck. Also more aberrations could be created again because there would still be people without empathy who would be tempted by immortality off the lives of others so she wouldn't be ridding the world of aberrations like she did with werewolves, (even though it might be possible to recreate the curse, but so far no one has done so).

Depowering Moperville doesn't solve the aberration problem, but it does make it less likely for aberrations to flock to Moperville en masse. So that might be the easiest thing to do, but it also counts as breaking Immortal Law.

9 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Unless Sister III continues into Saturday (in story) or Sarah winds up involved in one of the major plot threads of the story, I don't expect to see her and Sam's date until after Sister III. And I don't expect to see what Justin, Grace, Rhoda, Catalina, or even Tedd are up to this evening unless it gets interrupted so they can go rescue Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley or otherwise get involved in the plot. (And I doubt Rhoda and Catalina will be involved in any rescue mission, as they're not part of the main 8 and thus unlikely to be called in a tight spot, at least unless Diane is still hanging around and thinks they can help.)

Dan had stated somewhere that Sarah and Sam's "Date" and Justin and Luke's date will be in a separate story arc, or possibly in NP's.

It's presumed that Justin and Grace are working at the comic shop, I'm not sure if word of what's happening at the mall has reached them yet. Rhoda and Catalina haven't been seen at all this arc which I find strange considering they were witnesses in the incident with Cheerleadra and Tara and Catalina was certain she knew Cheerleadra is Elliot, yet despite Elliot's worry about it, it doesn't appear that Catalina ever approached him.

Maybe there's a twist in that Rhoda and Catalina have joined up with Luke, Justin had speculated that Luke would know the difference between someone with magic and someone who was marked because he'd have seen both examples, Catalina still has a mark supposedly and we know Rhoda's been awakened for a while, so there would be 2 examples, though Justin did say Luke might have seen at least 2 people with marks, so that makes me wonder who the other marked person is.

Unless Sister III continues into Saturday (in story) or Sarah winds up involved in one of the major plot threads of the story, I don't expect to see her and Sam's date until after Sister III.

Neither would I if their not-date was on Saturday instead of tonight

And I don't expect to see what Justin, Grace, Rhoda, Catalina, or even Tedd are up to this evening unless it gets interrupted so they can go rescue Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley or otherwise get involved in the plot.

Maybe the most obvious way they could get involved in the plot is for them to get word of what's going on at the mall through media, social networks, and in the case of Grace and Justin. This would fit the apocalypse at the mall attracting enough media attention to trigger The Change.

I'd bet against Dan having The Change actually happen. Unless he's done a lot of planning exactly what this would mean for the ongoing story, it sounds like it would basically end EGS except maybe for some loose-end tying like maybe all the teenagers going off to college.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Spell check.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Neither would I if their not-date was on Saturday instead of tonight

Well yes. The point I was trying to make is that if this story is going to continue into the next day or beyond, Dan might decide to tell about the date along with the other things happening Friday night rather than waiting for Sister III to be over to flashback to it. If however the story ends Friday evening (particularly if Sarah isn't involved) then he might as well tell about the date in a separate story.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Dan had stated somewhere that Sarah and Sam's "Date" and Justin and Luke's date will be in a separate story arc, or possibly in NP's.

Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. So I'm going to amend my previous prediction: I don't expect to see Sarah and Sam again in the main story at least until the epilogue to Sister III, unless their maybe-a-date is interrupted by the news that Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley have been kidnapped.

Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. So I'm going to amend my previous prediction: I don't expect to see Sarah and Sam again in the main story at least until the epilogue to Sister III, unless their maybe-a-date is interrupted by the news that Elliot, Ellen, and Ashley have been kidnapped.

That's kinda what's been bugging me really, with all that's going one here, if Sarah and Sam are already on their "date" where would they be, and would they be affected by these events?

Justin and Luke's date likely isn't Friday since Justin's more likely to be working at this time so that date probably isn't under threat of being interrupted.

15 hours ago, partner555 said:

This is a good point.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

If he knew, he assumed someone else was the father. Diane's biomom could have been married to someone else, after all. No, not Noriko because Diane obviously is not half-Japanese--unless the Will of Magic decrees that all of Adrian's descendants will have an incredible resemblance to him. Come to think of it, something like that should be true if Susan is a distant descendant, but because Diane and Tedd are less than a year apart in age, it's still unlikely that Diane is Nanase's first cousin and Tedd's half-sister.

I can see a one-night stand happening. Even though he believed until today that he couldn't father a child, Raven probably wouldn't be comfortable with marriage or similar permanent arrangements because even if he can fake aging, his partners will still age for real, and die. Even if he is willing to be honest with a permanent partner about his true nature, they still most likely will outlive him.

In fact, this is probably why he doesn't show his real love for Noah to Noah. Noah is his "ward" and I suspect Raven would call him that even if he has formally adopted Noah.

Another possibility is that Diane's biomom lied to Raven and told him Diane had another father. If Diane's "adoptive" mom is actually the woman who gave birth to her, and since they all live in Moperville, this would almost certainly be the case.

There's still the mystery of why Raven felt a connection with Susan the first time he met her, but doesn't seem to have felt that connection with Diane even though Diane was one of his students last year and maybe in other classes. Diane is his daughter, after all. Just the blond hair

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

1) I don't think Arthur would object to Adrian adopting child, it would probably not be his jurisdiction. However, it MIGHT call attention Raven didn't wanted to the child.

2) Note that I wouldn't be so sure Noah is legally adopted. It doesn't seem Edward knows about him.

3) Looking at last panel, it doesn't LOOK safe. Sure she might hug him earlier, but perhaps she was afraid she wouldn't be able to let him go ...

4) I do. It is possible part of their immortality is actually powered by their parent similarly as Jerry was powering the hammers. So yes, they might lose part of their power and start aging. After all, their descendants are even less powerful and seem to age normally.

However, we are unlikely to actually SEE that. Raven would only start looking visible older after several years if he would age as fast as humans, and that would be how many, 50 years of comics?

@Tom Sewell How is refering to Noah as family not showing affection for him? O_o

I'm assuming that the lack of connection would also have to do with Diane's lack of magic. Remember, he was specifically sensing Susan's power as an awakened magic user, not just that there was "something about her."

@hkmaly

1) I don't know about that; given that Arthur apparently wants to deport him to Russia, it's not that hard to believe he would consider Raven ineligible for adoption, or otherwisse stand in the way of the process. Happens to normal people all the time anyway. As an aside, it would be really funny if he wants to deport Adrian to Russia because his daughter is Diane's bioMom. XD

2) Just because Edward hasn't said anything about Noah on-panel it doesn't hold that Edward doesn't know about him. I don't know of anyone else Noah could have been referring to when he said "they asked you to take me in." If Edward isn't involved in that "they" I'll be rather surprised. 

3) Also a good point.

4) We don't know that Diane is going to age normally, though. From what we saw of him in Pandora's story arc in the beginning of Sister III, it looks like Adrian was aging normally anyway. Age 10, appeared to be 10. It's possible he hit the mid-twenties and just stopped aging. Depending on how old he is, he might start aging normally, and if that's the case, he might welcome the prospect of dying from old age. Provided he doesn't suddenly crumple into dust, I don't see a problem with this. 

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's kinda what's been bugging me really, with all that's going one here, if Sarah and Sam are already on their "date" where would they be, and would they be affected by these events?

Justin and Luke's date likely isn't Friday since Justin's more likely to be working at this time so that date probably isn't under threat of being interrupted.

Supposedly, they were planning to see a movie, so how close they are to the mall depends entirely on where the movie theater they're going to is in relation to the mall (I know MOA has a mall inside it, but I believe it has closed in the last few years; another mall near me has an AMC attatched to it, but the entrance is external to the mall, so they really just share the parking lot).

Given that the SIster III story line has been progressing over what is now almost a week in comic, I won't be shocked if it rolls into Saturday as well. 

Maybe I should put this question in General Discussion, but here it is: Why wouldn't The Change affect Uryuoms? DGB seems to spend as much or more effort suppressing general knowledge of extraterrestrial presence on Earth as it does Earth-native magic. So is the Will of Magic just for humans? If it is, it sounds like something that was set up by immortal magical beings native to Earth (not necessarily just capital-I Immortals (formerly known as Fairies) but possibly just them. Heka, after all, is an immortal magical being but not an Immortal like Pandora and her ilk.

So, what prevents the Uryuom from using their magi-tech and inborn magical-energy-using powers freely? Because they're too nice to do it? Well, maybe, But I think it's in canon somewhere that they're not the only magical-energy-using extraterrestrials visiting, invading, or just settling down on Earth. Is the DGB just that good at its job? Wouldn't it have to cover the whole planet to do that?

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

How many of Raven's descendants do we know about? Your assertion that they don't all look like Adrian has no proof. Pandora said that Susan was a "distant descendant." Since she was sure of it, she knew how distant, but didn't take time to explain more because she didn't have much time. But she could have said "granddaughter" almost as quickly, so there has to be at least one "great" behind that.

I'm aware I don't have proof. The sentence started with "I would think". As in "I would think it's not true about ALL Adrian's descendants".

Still, I consider my assertion more likely than Diane being Noriko's child and any resemblance to Noriko being overriden by Adrian's genes.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Totally agree. Dan was saying something about trying to reduce number of people involved in story arc.

I though Rhoda and Catalina will get "in" because they will be involved in the battle in Mall, but they still weren't and it's over, so that doesn't seem likely. Unless they now help Susan escape or something like that.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

So either she destroyed all aberrations, or she depowered Moperville herself so that more aberrations and other monsters wouldn't be drawn to the area and threaten her family again.

The problem with destroying all aberrations is Sirleck is an aberration and he didn't get destroyed, I don't think being connected to Ellen saved him either because then that means other body snatchers like him would have been protected and I don't really see her being able to single out Ellen for protection while killing all snatchers and their hosts, we're not even certain she knows that Ellen is possessed by Sirleck. Also more aberrations could be created again because there would still be people without empathy who would be tempted by immortality off the lives of others so she wouldn't be ridding the world of aberrations like she did with werewolves, (even though it might be possible to recreate the curse, but so far no one has done so).

Depowering Moperville doesn't solve the aberration problem, but it does make it less likely for aberrations to flock to Moperville en masse. So that might be the easiest thing to do, but it also counts as breaking Immortal Law.

Body snatchers might ALL be protected BECAUSE Pandora didn't wanted to kill their hosts. Or she didn't included them to her killlist by mistake.

And is Pandora really assuming the aberrations were attracted by the power? It's true that she didn't had any specific information about Sirleck's plan, but I would expect she WILL realize using her clairvoyance that this was specific attack at Adrian - and without destroying Sirleck, she wouldn't be sure he don't make another attack.

Still, I agree that depowering Moperville is on short list of possible things she might wanted to do.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe there's a twist in that Rhoda and Catalina have joined up with Luke, Justin had speculated that Luke would know the difference between someone with magic and someone who was marked because he'd have seen both examples, Catalina still has a mark supposedly and we know Rhoda's been awakened for a while, so there would be 2 examples, though Justin did say Luke might have seen at least 2 people with marks, so that makes me wonder who the other marked person is.

The other marked person would be the one who were on phone with Luke, as that certainly wasn't Catalina or Rhoda.

In fact, I'm pretty certain that IF Rhoda and Catalina joined with Luke, they would tell him something about Grace. They don't know she has magic but they likely know she works with Justin.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'd bet against Dan having The Change actually happen. Unless he's done a lot of planning exactly what this would mean for the ongoing story, it sounds like it would basically end EGS except maybe for some loose-end tying like maybe all the teenagers going off to college.

Quite the contrary. Dan stated that main eight were supposed to just shortly be in high school. We are technically in PROLOGUE of EGS which got much longer than Dan expected. And the magic reset might be end of prologue and start of the main story, where Tedd as Seer will help everyone regain their magic.

1 hour ago, Kazzellin said:

1) I don't know about that; given that Arthur apparently wants to deport him to Russia, it's not that hard to believe he would consider Raven ineligible for adoption, or otherwisse stand in the way of the process. Happens to normal people all the time anyway. As an aside, it would be really funny if he wants to deport Adrian to Russia because his daughter is Diane's bioMom. XD

Adoptions are unlikely to be something DGB is usually involved in, and the deportation to Russia ALSO didn't worked.

Arthur might not WANT Adrian to adopt someone but I don't think he can officially do anything with it.

2) Just because Edward hasn't said anything about Noah on-panel it doesn't hold that Edward doesn't know about him. I don't know of anyone else Noah could have been referring to when he said "they asked you to take me in." If Edward isn't involved in that "they" I'll be rather surprised. 

Hmmmm ... but the way Edward was talking with Adrian it seemed they didn't talked since Noriko left. And they weren't on good terms.

Maybe you're wrong with Arthur Arthur. Maybe it was HIM who send Noah to Adrian.

Or, maybe DGB was involved but not the director, whoever it was at that point. (Actually, I think Edward was NOT director at that time because he was still doing fieldwork.)

Sure, alternative is that Edward recommended Adrian as someone who can take care about Noah but didn't actually met with Adrian at that point ...

4) We don't know that Diane is going to age normally, though. From what we saw of him in Pandora's story arc in the beginning of Sister III, it looks like Adrian was aging normally anyway. Age 10, appeared to be 10. It's possible he hit the mid-twenties and just stopped aging.

True.

Depending on how old he is, he might start aging normally, and if that's the case, he might welcome the prospect of dying from old age. Provided he doesn't suddenly crumple into dust, I don't see a problem with this. 

He don't seem to be the type to look forward to death. More like someone who still feels he has work to do. And he would like to take care of Diane and Susan. Although who knows, maybe he will be ok with aging when he actually get old.

29 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe I should put this question in General Discussion, but here it is: Why wouldn't The Change affect Uryuoms? DGB seems to spend as much or more effort suppressing general knowledge of extraterrestrial presence on Earth as it does Earth-native magic. So is the Will of Magic just for humans? If it is, it sounds like something that was set up by immortal magical beings native to Earth (not necessarily just capital-I Immortals (formerly known as Fairies) but possibly just them. Heka, after all, is an immortal magical being but not an Immortal like Pandora and her ilk.

There are limits on what the magic reset can do, constants in magic which can't be changed. Species with magic interwoven into their very nature as Uryuoms aren't at risk of suddently not being able to change forms. Also, yes, the Will of Magic only affect Earth magic. It is possible fairies will not be affected, at least not directly.

Regarding DGB, remember that DGB doesn't know about magic reset (at least officially) and their reason to suppressing knowledge is just because people would freak out.

29 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

So, what prevents the Uryuom from using their magi-tech and inborn magical-energy-using powers freely? Because they're too nice to do it? Well, maybe, But I think it's in canon somewhere that they're not the only magical-energy-using extraterrestrials visiting, invading, or just settling down on Earth. Is the DGB just that good at its job? Wouldn't it have to cover the whole planet to do that?

They are too nice. If they wouldn't be nice, they would threaten Earth with orbital bombardment and DGB wouldn't have any other option and would surrender. The same is true for any other extraterrestrials. It seems that DGB is just lucky they were able to talk everyone out of attacking, as they don't seem to have any battleships necessary for serious defense.

Of course, unless Uryuom lend them some. Maybe humans are so good with diplomacy they got Uryuom to protect them without offering anything noteworthy in exchange. Or maybe Uryuom are actually in charge of Earth and DGB is just following their orders.

And DGB itself doesn't need to cover whole planet if there are organizations in other countries which cooperate with DGB.