• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story: Friday 12 Jan 2018

In regards to Noah being adopted by Adrian without Edward knowing. At least 2 people know about it and I imagine it's the same people that later on told them that Damien had been killed. The phrasing about "A woman of grace" seems like a thinly veiled riddle, giving away Grace's name but not directly saying so. That sounds like something an Immortal would do, so which Immortal or Immortals would do that? Since Noah mentions "All they told us.." it could mean that the person's gender was either unknown or (or a preferred pronoun) or there was more than one messenger. I dunno if Helena and Demetrius would know that they'd have to tell Noah and Adrian, though they might have witnessed the event since it was was only a couple days after that we were introduced to them, I doubt it was Pandora as she apparently didn't consider Noah family at that time. Maybe Jerry? He was the one that mentioned Adrian to Susan, Grace and Sarah so he probably had connections with Adrian, though it seems apparent that Adrian didn't know Jerry personally.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

The phrasing about "A woman of grace" seems like a thinly veiled riddle, giving away Grace's name but not directly saying so.

Or it might be misunderstanding based on the information going through several people who don't really care. See this children game.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

That sounds like something an Immortal would do

... hmmm ... fairies are not actually REQUIRED to make riddles like that, but it's true that Pandora was doing it too (and not only Voltaire who pretended he MUST).

But no immortal we know of would match.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Still, I consider my assertion more likely than Diane being Noriko's child and any resemblance to Noriko being overriden by Adrian's genes.

Agreed, unless Dan throws us a Major League curve ball.

And is Pandora really assuming the aberrations were attracted by the power?

If Zeus, basically a toddler in Immortal terms, figured out that they must be hired, Pandora certainly would have. I think Dan just didn't want to make Pandora repeat that after Zeus told Diane.

There are limits on what the magic reset can do, constants in magic which can't be changed. Species with magic interwoven into their very nature as Uryuoms aren't at risk of suddently not being able to change forms. Also, yes, the Will of Magic only affect Earth magic. It is possible fairies will not be affected, at least not directly.

So the Will of Magic is really the Will of Human Magic which Humans have no control over? I don't buy it. It smells more like another agreement the Immortals made among themselves, maybe even part of whatever magical mechanism they set up to enforce their "Only empower and guide" restriction. If the Immortals don't ultimately control it, then it's likely that the Will of Magic controls them, and if it can control them, it should be able to control any aliens whether or not they have inherent magic.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And is Pandora really assuming the aberrations were attracted by the power?

If Zeus, basically a toddler in Immortal terms, figured out that they must be hired, Pandora certainly would have. I think Dan just didn't want to make Pandora repeat that after Zeus told Diane.

She MIGHT've been distracted but yes, exactly, it seems very unlikely she wouldn't noticed.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There are limits on what the magic reset can do, constants in magic which can't be changed. Species with magic interwoven into their very nature as Uryuoms aren't at risk of suddently not being able to change forms. Also, yes, the Will of Magic only affect Earth magic. It is possible fairies will not be affected, at least not directly.

So the Will of Magic is really the Will of Human Magic which Humans have no control over? I don't buy it. It smells more like another agreement the Immortals made among themselves, maybe even part of whatever magical mechanism they set up to enforce their "Only empower and guide" restriction. If the Immortals don't ultimately control it, then it's likely that the Will of Magic controls them, and if it can control them, it should be able to control any aliens whether or not they have inherent magic.

Uryuoms use their own magic with their own rules, EVEN ON EARTH. Tara and Andrea use their own magic with their own rules, EVEN ON EGS HALF OF EARTH (with the rules AND will behind them being different confirmed by Dan directly). There is extreme territorial principle behind will of magic.

Meanwhile, all human magic users have their magic because they are descendent from fairies, AND they are affected. Not completely - magic can't change the fact that someone has magic talent, but can change how this magic talent may be used.

So, it seem obvious that fairies are in jurisdiction of Will of Magic. They may still be too powerful - or too "constant" - to be actually affected by changes directly. That doesn't mean the Will of magic wasn't created by council of fairies - likely as entity which now operates independently. However, fairies are not ONLY immortal beings on Earth. Will of magic might be controlled by those other immortals, or possibly was created by common ancestors of both fairies and other immortals.

Will of magic however isn't the "Only empower and guide" mechanism. Will of magic have direct means of action. The fairies law is enforced by resetting fairies which breaks it. That's different and weaker method of enforcing.

There is, however, some overlap between the goals of fairies law and will of magic goals ...

(Hmmm ... this may be less coherent that I would like, I should go sleep ...)