• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday January 16, 2018

11 minutes ago, Stature said:

I wanna see some yoinking. Let the game run some more.  

Well Ashley can't get points unless it's her turn, so it will run some time anyway ... but yes I hope for more.

Do lavos understand human language? In Chrono Trigger I mean, not in Volet, the Chrono Trigger - Final Fantasy - Star Wars - Simpson - whatever crossover. If not, then it's irrelevant how you call them, they wouldn't be offended.

Considering the card name is simply "mouse", that's an interesting combination of traits (and outfit). Does the Mouse wind up small and other animal cards not because people associate mice with smallness? I find the lack of fur looks a bit odd, perhaps because the digitigrade feet and small size make it closer to the animal it's based on than the other animal forms seen so far. And why a bikini?

Personally if I wanted it more extreme than the other animal cards, I would have had the card turn the player into a non-anthropomorphic mouse (but with opposable thumbs and the ability to talk). But maybe Dan has limits on how much the game can change the player, and that would be beyond the limits.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well Ashley can't get points unless it's her turn, so it will run some time anyway ... but yes I hope for more.

I don't know how I'll feel re-reading the story at my own pace after having not read it for a while, but at the moment I'm almost ready for the game to end. The novelty of all the transformations wore off a while ago, and I feel like the game is starting to drag on. For me the best moments of Goonmanji II have been the players reacting to their transformations, but they always need to cut those short so they can get back to the game. I'm looking forward to a story with more plot and where the characters will be able to do more with any transformations that occur than just sit around a board rolling dice.

With Ashley this close to victory, it suddenly occurs to me one of Susan's rule changes - that players who quit go back to normal even if the game's not over - might have brought its converse along.

9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Considering the card name is simply "mouse", that's an interesting combination of traits (and outfit). Does the Mouse wind up small and other animal cards not because people associate mice with smallness? I find the lack of fur looks a bit odd, perhaps because the digitigrade feet and small size make it closer to the animal it's based on than the other animal forms seen so far. And why a bikini?

... agree, it's weird, the no fur and bikini almost seem like it should be animal/physical card and the clothing would be changeable by another card, but Ashley bought three space with it so it must be clothing as well ...

Personally if I wanted it more extreme than the other animal cards, I would have had the card turn the player into a non-anthropomorphic mouse (but with opposable thumbs and the ability to talk). But maybe Dan has limits on how much the game can change the player, and that would be beyond the limits.

Dan generally don't likes non-anthropomorphic transformations. And Catalina will have hard time holding and playing cards like this already.

For me the best moments of Goonmanji II have been the players reacting to their transformations, but they always need to cut those short so they can get back to the game. I'm looking forward to a story with more plot and where the characters will be able to do more with any transformations that occur than just sit around a board rolling dice.

I sort of expected the attraction will take care of it, but barely anything happened in the ideal moment ... there was more attraction-based action in Goonmanji I.

6 hours ago, WR...S said:

With Ashley this close to victory, it suddenly occurs to me one of Susan's rule changes - that players who quit go back to normal even if the game's not over - might have brought its converse along.

You think that after Ashley's victory others will continue playing?

What I think is they'll all still be "playing" because none of them made the decision to stop playing.

(And possibly unable to make that decision without an active game because "playtesting!")

48 minutes ago, WR...S said:

What I think is they'll all still be "playing" because none of them made the decision to stop playing.

(And possibly unable to make that decision without an active game because "playtesting!")

There is no actual risk here because Hanma is there to do any necessary fixes. She wasn't done any yet because it wasn't really necessary, but I'm sure she would if something started to be problem.

Of course, depending on how transformed they end up after the game, there might be no problem :)

10 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

perhaps because the digitigrade feet

Note that

1) This doesn't look that much digitigrade

2) Most rodents are plantigrades, mouse included

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that

1) This doesn't look that much digitigrade

2) Most rodents are plantigrades, mouse included

1) Well we haven't seen her stand or walk yet, but Dan did call it digitigrade on Patreon. (Though usually digitigrade paws come with a much greater length to the part of the leg/foot between the paw-pad and the ankle, so this is unusual.)

2) Given the shape of their feet/legs this comes as a bit of a surprise. I knew they rested with their "foot" up to the heel/ankle on the ground, but I didn't know they walked that way too. I'm pretty sure they run on not much more than their toes (at least that's what it's looked like to me when I've seen them running away from cats) - but then often so do humans, and humans are considered plantigrade too.

2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Being that small is going to make rolling the dice problematic. They're as big as her head!

Assuming they're not too heavy she ought to still be able to pick them up, she'd just have to throw them one at a time.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

2) Given the shape of their feet/legs this comes as a bit of a surprise. I knew they rested with their "foot" up to the heel/ankle on the ground, but I didn't know they walked that way too. I'm pretty sure they run on not much more than their toes (at least that's what it's looked like to me when I've seen them running away from cats) - but then often so do humans, and humans are considered plantigrade too.

I just realized that Catalina's feet and hands had been changed, that's definitely more animal than other animal type's we've seen, aside from the fox form but that was because of the Furry clothing type combining with the Fox animal type.

Well I'm not expert, I just looked at wikipedia on it :), but I suspect that true digitigrades CANT put heel on ground even when trying. Remember that ballerinas are still classified as plantigrades despite mostly walking just on digits as well.

Well we haven't seen her stand or walk yet, but Dan did call it digitigrade on Patreon.

He also mentioned he was JUST searching it.

Of course, for true answer, we need to wait for Dan drawing the walk and then some expert concluding if it counts as digitigrades or not.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:
3 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Being that small is going to make rolling the dice problematic. They're as big as her head!

Assuming they're not too heavy she ought to still be able to pick them up, she'd just have to throw them one at a time.

It should definitely been easier than Sarah as cat throwing them. As someone already mentioned on Patreon.

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well I'm not expert, I just looked at wikipedia on it :), but I suspect that true digitigrades CANT put heel on ground even when trying. Remember that ballerinas are still classified as plantigrades despite mostly walking just on digits as well.

Well, dogs and cats can put their heels on the ground when sitting or lying down, but moving around like that would be extremely awkward for them if they can manage it at all.

17 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, dogs and cats can put their heels on the ground when sitting or lying down, but moving around like that would be extremely awkward for them if they can manage it at all.

(Looking at some cat skeleton images) ... right. We totally need something more descriptive than that Wikipedia article.

It is also possible the definition is based on skeleton, like which bones are fused ...

59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ballerinas mostly walk plantigrade - except possibly while dancing.

Ballerinas in toe shoes, that's even more true, because they don't - can't - do digitigrade. Instead they do unguligrade, which is even harder on feet not designed for it.

(My daughter was in ballet for about 13 years. 15 years after she stopped, she went up on her toes to get a box off a high shelf, then stood there going through the box for several minutes before a coworker said "Um, {name}, you can come back down now.")

5 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Ballerinas in toe shoes, that's even more true, because they don't - can't - do digitigrade. Instead they do unguligrade, which is even harder on feet not designed for it.

... oh. Didn't realized that but you're right.

So who's most digitigrade human? Models in extremely high heels?

5 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

(My daughter was in ballet for about 13 years. 15 years after she stopped, she went up on her toes to get a box off a high shelf, then stood there going through the box for several minutes before a coworker said "Um, {name}, you can come back down now.")

Apparently, she knew when to end with ballet: before your feet are so damaged you can't do it ...

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So who's most digitigrade human? Models in extremely high heels?

I'd have to go with extremely high heels.

The best fake-hooves I've ever seen in a cosplay - I'd go so far as to say the only really good fake-hooves I've seen - were based on extremely-high-heel shoes with the undercarriage being large simple wedges of clear plastic. They basically did allow the wearer to walk digitigrade, and the toes of the shoes were wrapped in material to look like hooves.