• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

Story, Monday January 22, 2018

Also, I have a theory as to why Edward didn't know about the whales - since they can apparently are invisible (except to Seers using Tedd's gauntlet) and seem able to move through solid objects, it's highly likely they are native to the spiritual plane.

45 minutes ago, Southern Cross said:

Also, I have a theory as to why Edward didn't know about the whales - since they can apparently are invisible (except to Seers using Tedd's gauntlet) and seem able to move through solid objects, it's highly likely they are native to the spiritual plane.

You are optimist.

I don't think they are on SPIRITUAL plane. They are on even different plane. They seem to not interact with immortals (OR magus) either.

I, however, agree with the fact Edward doesn't know about them because seeing into the plane they are on is hard ... AND the plane is normally empty anyway, there's probably not so many whales around except in the specific case of Moperville.

There is also another option, of course: the whale might've actually been immortal who chosen this way to warn Tedd because it was more amusing (or because he went crazy some time ago). The headache notwithstanding, what the whale did COULD be described as guiding.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is also another option, of course: the whale might've actually been immortal who chosen this way to warn Tedd because it was more amusing (or because he went crazy some time ago). The headache notwithstanding, what the whale did COULD be described as guiding.

Ehh, I'm not so sure about it having been an Immortal, it certainly wouldn't have been lying about anything, though it did appear to not have all the answers, like it didn't know who caused the energy buildup, it also either didn't know about the other side of the world, or didn't think it important to mention that the being(s) of great power created a blockage in the flow of energy that caused it to buildup. And the last bit was that it knew that Tedd was a Seer, and also apparently knew that saying anything would likely make Tedd ineligible for the second purpose, well, it could have just said that Tedd was a Wand-Maker and left it at that, but maybe it felt that the less said, the better, but then "you are a far more dangerous rarity" doesn't seem that much better.

53 minutes ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Ehh, I'm not so sure about it having been an Immortal, it certainly wouldn't have been lying about anything, though it did appear to not have all the answers, like it didn't know who caused the energy buildup, it also either didn't know about the other side of the world, or didn't think it important to mention that the being(s) of great power created a blockage in the flow of energy that caused it to buildup. And the last bit was that it knew that Tedd was a Seer, and also apparently knew that saying anything would likely make Tedd ineligible for the second purpose, well, it could have just said that Tedd was a Wand-Maker and left it at that, but maybe it felt that the less said, the better, but then "you are a far more dangerous rarity" doesn't seem that much better.

The whale DID have EXTREMELY limited time to say what it wanted to say, so we can't be sure if the things it didn't said didn't know or just didn't had time to explain. However, it DOES seem that it lacked proper terms: saying "being of great power" instead of "immortal" and the word "seer" could also fit easily (and wouldn't really tell Tedd anything).

And note that I don't THINK the whale was immortal, just presenting it as alternative. Immortals CAN lie but doesn't HAVE to.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:53 PM, Scotty said:

Thing about the watches though, they barely function as wands, and require a high level of ambient energy to be usable, the Whale told Tedd that the watches wouldn't work anywhere else in the world and when the dam gets removed, there won't likely be enough energy in Moperville for them to be worth making. Besides why would Tedd settle for watches when she knows she can make actually functioning wands that would work anywhere?

The watches are basically stunted wands--they can hold a set of spells that can be used even by Sleepers (i.e. those who are neither Dreaming nor Awakened), but contain no energy reservoir of their own, thus being dependent on external energy, which is apparently insufficient for most spells outside of a high-energy zone.

That reminds me--with all of the excitement over the Vampire Attack and the death of Pandora, we've forgotten that Adrian still needs to dismantle the dam sometime next week (next week in story time).

28 minutes ago, ijuin said:

That reminds me--with all of the excitement over the Vampire Attack and the death of Pandora, we've forgotten that Adrian still needs to dismantle the dam sometime next week (next week in story time).

I thought that was this weekend?

Also, Pandora already used up the remaining ambient energy forcing every Immortal to cast the Aberration-Genocide.

Well, it's currently Friday evening in the story, and given the excitement currently happening, I think that Adrian would need a couple of days to grieve before he actually carries it out, so it wouldn't happen before Sunday at the earliest, which would indeed be "next week".

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, it's currently Friday evening in the story, and given the excitement currently happening, I think that Adrian would need a couple of days to grieve before he actually carries it out, so it wouldn't happen before Sunday at the earliest, which would indeed be "next week".

... if he remembers at all. And would find where the dam is without Pandora telling him.