• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Wednesday Jan 24, 2018

55 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

What the heck is the dark stuff between her mid-thighs?  Did he mean to draw excessive pubic hair, or is it just an unfortunate lack of perception that it would appear that way?

It's the silhouette of the tiny mouse form she is transforming out of.

I know it's all in how the cards are dealt, but part of me wanted Ashley to have a form like this, as a callback to the Ashley Mareep art Dan did a few years back:

mareep_ashley_by_danshive-d7f0qt2.png

8 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Looks like a cloudburst to me.

(Or maybe a popcornburst.)

A starburst with popcorn! Yaaaaay! *throws popcorn into the air like confetti*

Seriously though, my goal is to cheer for special backgrounds but not special effects. I've been running on the assumption that the starburst effect is artistic license for dramatic effect but that the puffs of "smoke" are actually there, which is why I've only been mentioning the starbursts.

32 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
19 hours ago, ijuin said:

She's a poodle. Shouldn't she get a poodle skirt? :D

Second!

Poodles are a cursed breed.
They are eternally bound to humans who think that those poufy fur balls are actually attractive on dogs.

Hanma doesn't remember 1950s.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They are eternally bound to humans who think that those poufy fur balls are actually attractive on dogs.

The poufs originally had a practical purpose.  Poodles were bred for hunting and retrieving in water, and the poufs around the joints provided warmth and protection from objects hidden under the water, while shaving the rest of the body wherever that extra protection wasn't needed kept the dogs from getting water-logged while swimming.  They have a lot of fur, and it can get pretty tangled if not properly cared for.

Or at least, so goes the story.  There are some people who believe that's an explanation invented after the fact, and that the haircuts actually come from poodles that performed in circuses.  They are a very intelligent, athletic, highly trainable breed, large enough to see from the back of a crowd on risers, so they were a favorite of circuses.  So by that theory, the haircut still served a practical purpose, but in this case it was the same purpose as spandex body suits and clown costumes.

But really, almost all poodle owners get them a much more practical cut, usually trimmed fairly short all over every couple of months.  In that case, the most difficult parts to trim short end up poufier than the nice smooth body and upper legs.  Again, really a practical haircut rather than fashionable.  The poufy top of the head is probably the most popular cosmetic choice, and given that humans often choose the same thing for themselves....

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

?

I took another look at the NP strip in question.

That does not look like any poodle skirt I've ever seen.

I agree. They are a poodle's shorts though.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

?

I took another look at the NP strip in question.

That does not look like any poodle skirt I've ever seen.

"isn't even".  Doh.  Blew the punchline.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:37 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Second!

I've seen a couple poodles with their fur trimmed to an even length; they looked a lot less ridiculous than ones with the traditional style.

I recall a great mystery series in which the protagonists, a husband and wife, inherited her family estate and had to think about security.  They had a Standard Poodle who was cut into an adorable foofy style with a big pouf on the top of his head.  Very smart, friendly, well-behaved house-dog.  He also, as the villain discovered, had been trained in a wide range of security and protective behaviors, just like you might expect for a German Shepherd or Doberman.  They hadn't realized just how big a standard poodle could be until one was leaping on them and dragging down their gun hand with their teeth...