• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

The Album, and Other Music

BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS!

The release date for Calibrations will be announced on tomorrow's episode of "The Cyber Den," hosted by Jake "The Voice" Parr on Siren Radio in the U.K. at 10:00 a.m. GMT. For the United States, that time translates to 6am EDT, 5am CDT, 4am MDT, and 3am PDT. Australian listeners on the east coast, that time will be 9pm AEDT. Jake says to click on the "LISTEN" button on the top right side of the screen.

The announcement will be made right at the beginning of the show, so if you can stay up late (or get up early) to hear the show, listen right at the beginning or you'll miss it. There will also be another announcement to go along with the release date. Lots of big news tomorrow! :)

If anyone missed it (sorry about the technical problems in the first hour of the show), the release date has been announced! Barring any disaster, the CD and digital albums will be available on Friday, March 30th!

CDs will be available at the CD Baby Store for $12.99 apiece. Digital albums will be available there as well as at Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, and a whole bunch of other places for a suggested retail price of $9.99.

There may also be a limited run of ten (10) signed and numbered CDs, each with a small personal greeting. If this happens, it'll only happen once: after the ten CDs are gone, that's it. Would you pay $50 for something like this? What would you pay?

Thank you all for following me through this process (I'd say ordeal, but I'm trying to keep my hopes up). Much obliged!

18 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

As of 9:07 a.m. CDT this morning, my discs were on a  UPS vehicle and headed to my house. I'm about to be inundated in Calibrations discs!

What's the best way to buy that hands you the most profit?

14 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

What's the best way to buy that hands you the most profit?

To be honest, the $50 collector signed and numbered edition. I'm going to go ahead and do that, but it'll be done through an eBay sale. The number available will count down from ten to zero as each sale is made. I'll also personalize each with a short message. It'll probably happen Monday.

The discs are here, and I'm doing the eBay thing. I've signed and numbered ten of them. At 9:15 a.m. CDT, they'll go online and be available for $50 each. I can add a brief personal message by request - not too long, since there's not a lot of space on them. Just do an eBay search for "Signed and numbered CDs of Calibrations by Lee Jackson", or some significant part of that, and you should find it; I don't yet have the link and won't until 9am.

17 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Six of them sold in less than 24 hours! Two are going to Canada, two are staying in the States, one is going to Germany, and one is going to Australia. It's surprised the hell out of me that people want to pay that much postage!

Heh.  Under the "People who bought this item also looked at" thing, the first three things listed are Disney soundtracks.  Were you aware of this particular crossover appeal?  Is this perhaps a new direction to go for your next project?

39 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Heh.  Under the "People who bought this item also looked at" thing, the first three things listed are Disney soundtracks.  Were you aware of this particular crossover appeal?  Is this perhaps a new direction to go for your next project?

Or are you the lost Sherman brother?

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

As long as he isn't a lost Sherman tank. That one was awful. I'd rather think of the Prof as a Pershing.

I was going to ask if Mr Peabody had more than one Sherman and it just got edited out.  Some of his timeline fixes were a bit sketchy...

Pershing, Sherman, or Peabody, it doesn't change the fact that there's only one CD left!!! Thanks to any and all here who''ve bought one, and for those who haven't, there's still time to nab the very last one that will ever be made.

The Collector's Editions CDs have all sold! Thank you to everyone who bought one!

To everyone else, there's still a chance, starting tomorrow morning (Friday), as the regular physical CDs go on sale at the CD Baby store. Once the link goes live, I'll post it here.

The temporary web address is http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/leejackson1 . I'll have a more permanent address in a day or two. In either case, the link is hot and selling for $12.99!

Amazon, iTunes, and other services are also selling - and delivering - the MP3 album for a suggested retail price of $9.99!

Note: That is the permanent address for posting in forums and things of that nature. However, if you go to my blog, you can click on a button that'll take you straight to my page on CD Baby.

Also note that there may be a CD stock shortage over the weekend. Please keep checking back Monday or later!

39 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm not believing this.

CD Baby ran out of stock of the Calibrations CDs on April Fools' Day. I've talked to them and to Disc Makers, and it seems like they'll be restocked on Friday the 13th.

What did I do to deserve this?

You're an artists and you've been suffering.  How can it not be that you've produced good art?  :)

Isn't selling out on the first day a good thing, indicating it's more popular than anticipated?  Or did they just not print nearly as many as they were supposed to?  Somehow I'd been picturing more of a print-on-demand model, not sure where that came from.

22 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I was just concerned about the April Fools' Day / Friday the 13th connection. :D

My only concern would be that someone in Hollywood will make that connection into the next sequel.

Can they set a Jason chase scene to "Yackety Sax"?

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Provided that he is chasing/being chased by Freddie Krueger, most certainly.

And sped up by at least twice.