• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday October 17, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=526

Rhoda, I hope your bag is big enough to carry Catalina's clothes, or are you going to try to shrink them all down as well so that Catalina isn't totally naked?

Oh also, if Rhoda does follow through with this, I'm pretty certain that will make the Pinup officially canon, not this particular instance of course, but after this there's no way they wouldn't do it again. Unless....it does turn out that Rhoda doesn't have enough energy to cast the spell without the high ambient energy.

Called it and wasn't alone.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Rhoda, I hope your bag is big enough to carry Catalina's clothes, or are you going to try to shrink them all down as well so that Catalina isn't totally naked?

She can also grow the bag. Except ... does she have any bag?

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Oh also, if Rhoda does follow through with this, I'm pretty certain that will make the Pinup officially canon, not this particular instance of course, but after this there's no way they wouldn't do it again.

It does even seem to be the same place, BUT different clothes.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Unless....it does turn out that Rhoda doesn't have enough energy to cast the spell without the high ambient energy.

If she trained her spell for several month, I don't think this might be an issue. Also, the pinup should've happened anytime between Halloween and So A Date At The Mall ... in fact, it COULD've happened in the progress of So A Date At The Mall ... although, it would be more likely to happen next summer (which will be another 6 months of training, so she will definitely have enough magic to do it).

Not speaking about the fact that her spell likely requires very small amount of energy to CAST, but then consumes more energy the bigger the size difference is.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She can also grow the bag. Except ... does she have any bag?

Upon double checking, it does appear that Rhoda does not have a bag with her, so yeah, how would Rhoda be able to carry Catalina and her clothes out of the mall?

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If she trained her spell for several month, I don't think this might be an issue. Also, the pinup should've happened anytime between Halloween and So A Date At The Mall ... in fact, it COULD've happened in the progress of So A Date At The Mall ... although, it would be more likely to happen next summer (which will be another 6 months of training, so she will definitely have enough magic to do it).

Unless the clothes they were wearing in the pinup were clothes they took in with them to try on and then left them in the dressing room it could have happened during So a Date, but judging by the conversation when they left, it doesn't seem like they did anything more than make out. But yeah, Rhoda had maybe 4-4 and a half months since discovering to the current point in the NP (that's a liberal guesstimate as her first use was 5 months prior) then another 3 months to the current timeline, if Pandora's plan is successful, because of Sarah's use of her spell, the amount of energy in the area may be pretty low, and wouldn't take too long to clear to the level it was before Pandora messed with the flow. If Rhoda hadn't exercised her magic enough, then she might lose the abilty to use the spell again, at least until she gains the capacity to do so somehow (either going somewhere with more energy, or getting help through the use of spell catalysts)

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If Rhoda hadn't exercised her magic enough, then she might lose the abilty to use the spell again, at least until she gains the capacity to do so somehow (either going somewhere with more energy, or getting help through the use of spell catalysts)

Sigh. Sarah's spell is EXCEPTION. Rhoda's likely had enough energy to use her spell outside Moperville FROM START (in fact, Raven driving to the park suggests it's NOT in Moperville, is probably outside the area with higher ambient magic). Only concern is that without ambient magic, she MIGHT have stricter limits on how big or small can she makes something, so she might no longer be able to turn Catalina doll-sized. Seriously. Sarah is only one who is in risk of losing the ability to cast her spell completely.

Is it too much to hope for that Rhoda's spell gets tangled in Catalina's magic and we get a Shrinkageddon instead of a Catgirl-ageddon? :danshiftyeyes:

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sarah is only one who is in risk of losing the ability to cast her spell completely.

Ah... as far as we know. Hypothetically, other exceptions may exist. Please forgive me for being a bit obsessive about details like this but they nag at me at times. >.<

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Is it too much to hope for that Rhoda's spell gets tangled in Catalina's magic

Yes.

and we get a Shrinkageddon instead of a Catgirl-ageddon?

No. Also, the Catgirl-ageddon itself would be extremely hard to justify (although Dan would try very hard).

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Sarah is only one who is in risk of losing the ability to cast her spell completely.

Ah... as far as we know. Hypothetically, other exceptions may exist. Please forgive me for being a bit obsessive about details like this but they nag at me at times. >.<

Technically true and I shouldn't complain, because I'm similarly nitpicking sometimes.

On the other hand, my hypothesis that Pandora marked several hundred people (in Moperville) already seems to be shoot down, and with how big deal she was making it with Sarah, the probability of someone else in similar situation is very low.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Seeing all of the girls at the Mall getting shrunk would be quite a sight...

... why just girls? If we are going this route, EVERYONE in the mall can be shrunk ... and transformed to catgirl ...

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

although the current scene has high probability of seeing tiny Catalina getting cuddled by Rhoda, which should prove to be adorable.

Yes. I hope it won't happen off-panel too.

(What. The probability it happens is already 1, question is only if we will see it.)

31 minutes ago, ShinyAeon said:

GIRL, BUY A SCARF FOR YOUR EARS AND STUFF YOUR TAIL UP YOUR SWEATER!

Agree ; they are already in changing room ; Rhoda can bring one - wait. They will probably insist on packing it, it's not likely they let Catalina through paying with the scarf on.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Is it too much to hope for that Rhoda's spell gets tangled in Catalina's magic

Yes.

16 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Spoilsport.

Wait. Seems I answered it incorrectly. I meant that it IS possible that Rhoda's spell gets tangled in Catalina's magic - it already happened twice, with Nase and with Ellen copying guardian form. It will just not cause the Shrinkageddon.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait. Seems I answered it incorrectly. I meant that it IS possible that Rhoda's spell gets tangled in Catalina's magic - it already happened twice, with Nase and with Ellen copying guardian form. It will just not cause the Shrinkageddon.

Probably not, but I can dream. *sigh*

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sigh. Sarah's spell is EXCEPTION. Rhoda's likely had enough energy to use her spell outside Moperville FROM START (in fact, Raven driving to the park suggests it's NOT in Moperville, is probably outside the area with higher ambient magic). Only concern is that without ambient magic, she MIGHT have stricter limits on how big or small can she makes something, so she might no longer be able to turn Catalina doll-sized. Seriously. Sarah is only one who is in risk of losing the ability to cast her spell completely.

I don't see that as Sarah being an exception, I think it does apply to everyone, Sarah's just the most likely because of the fact that her spell requires a lot of energy. We don't know how much energy Rhoda's spell requires, nor do we know how much she has and whether it's enough to cast the spell on her own without excess energy helping out. Same goes for Catalina and Dex and Luke and whoever else has been marked in the past 8 months or so and not yet been awaken, unless they had been doing things that helped build their magic such as ASMA training like Justin had, it's still possible that those marked could potential be unable to cast their spells again.

Also, Just because Adrian drove him and Grace to the park doesn't mean it's not in Moperville, Moperville isn't a small place and remember, there is a river with forests running through downtown Moperville, there can be any number of wooded parks there too. Heck, it's even stated that the boar encounter was at the Moperville Forest Preserve, which is very likely the same forest area where Elliot and Nanase met with Tara and Andrea.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Upon double checking, it does appear that Rhoda does not have a bag with her, so yeah, how would Rhoda be able to carry Catalina and her clothes out of the mall?

In the pockets of her stylish new coat? Granted, there are no visible pockets, but it might have inside pockets.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

...they are already in changing room ; Rhoda can bring [a scarf] - wait. They will probably insist on packing it, it's not likely they let Catalina through paying with the scarf on.

As long as they can scan the tag, they'll let you wear stuff out. But I was actually thinking Rhoda would pay for it and bring it back while Catalina dawdles in the dressing room.

Though, Catalina wearing it out makes me think, Well, she could attempt to explain what the clerk really doesn't care about by muttering "Bad hair day,"  only maybe it would come out "Bad ear day," and oh, what hijinks might ensue....:D

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... why just girls? If we are going this route, EVERYONE in the mall can be shrunk ... and transformed to catgirl ...

Tinygirls need somebody to be tiny in comparison to . . . although yes, turning even the males into tinygirls would be cute . . .

8 hours ago, ShinyAeon said:

GIRL, BUY A SCARF FOR YOUR EARS AND STUFF YOUR TAIL UP YOUR SWEATER!

When fictating becomes loud enough to startle your dog....^_^

That's the first time I've run into the term "fictating."  Not even the great TV Tropes has an entry for it!  There were a couple of short definitions in the Urban Dictionary.

Thank you for expanding my vocabulary with such a useful word!

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't recall seeing anything in the actual canon that states that, or even implies it.  I always just figured there is quite a range of power needs and of innate magical capacity, and Sarah was near one extreme, while there would be other people in the same boat but not quite so far out to sea.  There may be any number of people who would need to exercise their magic a good deal before they'd be able to use their spell post-dambusting, let alone Awaken.