• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday February 2, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=727

Aright, we can add Energized to the group of effects that give the player an extra card, being able to draw before moving is nice too though the Cheerleader is similar since it could potentially let the next player draw.

And I guess I was kinda right in there being an effect that prevented others from stealing spaces, it's not exact but close.

And Susan's really showing her competitive side now.

Alas, Susan is not being competitive unlike Su-Man's arm wrestling challenge. Okay, maybe she is. But she is on the teasing side of competitiveness.

"Discard a card" boggles me every time. Why Susan is teasing Rhoda boggles me more.

I always find these breaks for Hanma to explain things a little annoying; I'd much rather see the players playing the game. I suppose it would be pretty hard to follow if we didn't know what the cards do, and Dan can't count on everyone reading explanations in the commentary, so I understand the need, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

On the plus side, we get more of that awesome creepy starburst background. Yay for twisted starburst background in panel three! (And also yay for regular starburst background in panel one, and mini-starburst background in panel two, I suppose.)

10 hours ago, Stature said:

"Discard a card" boggles me every time. Why Susan is teasing Rhoda boggles me more.

Susan is singling Rhoda out because Rhoda was the one to take both of the spaces Susan has lost over the course of the game.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

I always find these breaks for Hanma to explain things a little annoying; I'd much rather see the players playing the game. I suppose it would be pretty hard to follow if we didn't know what the cards do, and Dan can't count on everyone reading explanations in the commentary, so I understand the need, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

On the plus side, we get more of that awesome creepy starburst background. Yay for twisted starburst background in panel three! (And also yay for regular starburst background in panel one, and mini-starburst background in panel two, I suppose.)

Susan is singling Rhoda out because Rhoda was the one to take both of the spaces Susan has lost over the course of the game.

The fascinating thing here is this combination allows Susan to defend territory but not get new spaces.   To get new stuff she has to transform herself and break her combo.

25 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

The fascinating thing here is this combination allows Susan to defend territory but not get new spaces.   To get new stuff she has to transform herself and break her combo.

She can get new spaces by stealing them from other players, like how Rhoda's been getting points without having to transform herself.

5 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

She can get new spaces by stealing them from other players, like how Rhoda's been getting points without having to transform herself.

...BUT if she can't take a new space that way.

6 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

And even Dan said in the commentary that this combo is much better to have in the late game, when a number of spaces are already owned.

Just now, Vorlonagent said:

...BUT if she can't take a new space that way.

Drawing a card before she moves helps because it allows her 4 cards to choose from, she's guaranteed to be able to steal 1 spaces, and the only ways she wouldn't be able to steal 2 and 3 spaces is if all 4 cards are 1-types and all the same type or if she has 2-type cards she doesn't have a third type to go with them, still she should be able to steal some spaces with this and prevent others from stealing back.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

And even Dan said in the commentary that this combo is much better to have in the late game, when a number of spaces are already owned.

Drawing a card before she moves helps because it allows her 4 cards to choose from, she's guaranteed to be able to steal 1 spaces, and the only ways she wouldn't be able to steal 2 and 3 spaces is if all 4 cards are 1-types and all the same type or if she has 2-type cards she doesn't have a third type to go with them, still she should be able to steal some spaces with this and prevent others from stealing back.

...but to steal a space she has to land one one that's already owned.

Just now, Vorlonagent said:

...but to steal a space she has to land one one that's already owned.

And as long as she doesn't roll a 2,3, 5, 6 or 11 then she can be sure to have that opportunity.

This is just pure guessing but this is going by the fact that Dan's already played through this game and is writing this story based on how that turned out. Since Susan's last turn where she transformed herself from a kid to a bunny cop, others have transformed her 2 times (Pony and now Honey badger magician), we never got a chance to see what bunny cop and pony did and now Dan's explaining what Energize Magician Honey badger does makes it seem like we'll be seeing it in action. It would be disappointing to hype this form up so much to only have it get replaced in the next comic.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And as long as she doesn't roll a 2,3, 5, 6 or 11 then she can be sure to have that opportunity.

This is just pure guessing but this is going by the fact that Dan's already played through this game and is writing this story based on how that turned out. Since Susan's last turn where she transformed herself from a kid to a bunny cop, others have transformed her 2 times (Pony and now Honey badger magician), we never got a chance to see what bunny cop and pony did and now Dan's explaining what Energize Magician Honey badger does makes it seem like we'll be seeing it in action. It would be disappointing to hype this form up so much to only have it get replaced in the next comic.

That works out to about 60.1% chance of landing on a square she can steal.  And that chance is going up over time, so OK.  This is about as early as you'd want to see the "magician" card.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Well ... the Honey Badger part is not THAT important with noone actually having attract or repel. So she can replace that.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

... but I expect we WILL see her steal some space from others now.

Another reason for Susan to be acting the way she is, is that she just came off of the forced happiness of the pony form. Some of that high might not have fully dissipated yet, as she gets switched to an energetic form that doesn't care what others think and is loaded with power.

21 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Sustained, especially since the game is impending to end one way or another. Best case scenario is a couple more rounds before the challenge can be accepted.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Susan becomes a Supervillain, she has already called dibs on Elliot as a minion.

"A skirt-wearing minion". :demonicduck:

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Susan becomes a Supervillain, she has already called dibs on Elliot as a minion.

You meant "When", right?

Becoming a "Supervillain" is not necessarily inevitable.

If she wanted to pursue slightly less ethical options, she could be a university administrator, a corporate insurance lawyer, or the éminence grise behind a series of "Successful" politicians.