• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Patreon Feb 4 2018: Beach Trip

8 minutes ago, Illjwamh said:

I do believe that is the case.

Man, she really does fit right in with this bunch, doesn't she?

I knew that was the case the moment we learned how much she liked genderbending transformations.

Just now, partner555 said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dans-choice-trip-16793137

Ashley and Elliot look good genderbent here.

Not only genderbent, but swapped bodies, or rather swapped figures but kept details such as skin, hair and eye colour,

I'm thinking Grace is in an MV1 form there, he's the same height as Tedd it looks like, and I don't think we've seen Tedd use a female form that was taller.

Elliot and Ashley look great together here, and I love the palette swap effect (even if technically they swapped everything but palette).

It also nice to see Tedd enjoying being around male Grace. Now if only we could see that in canon.

Why is Elliot still being surprised by being transformed to girl?

As Scotty said on patreon, seems it's some swap form spell, otherwise it would be duplicate for Elliot. Now, could such spell work even for Grace or did she and Tedd transformed separately?

Also, not sure why Ashley started to dye her hair brown.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

As Scotty said on patreon, seems it's some swap form spell, otherwise it would be duplicate for Elliot. Now, could such spell work even for Grace or did she and Tedd transformed separately?

Tedd and Grace don't appear palette swapped, so they must have transformed separately. (It probably could have worked on Grace, though.)

As for Ashley's hair, in real life Dan said it was too hard to find clothing colors that went with her old green hair. In-story, it could have been for the same reason, or she might have just felt like a change.

For a serious martial arts student who spends time as a superhero, it sure is easy to take Elliot by surprise.

Don't believe me?

Do I need to bring up the "ton of bricks" reaction when he managed to surprise himself?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Useful Detail Added

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

From 80's Workout Ashley pinup:

Side  note! I’ve decided that, with the regular comics in greyscale and  therefore no real need for 100% color consistency between color images,  Ashley’s hair highlights will be whatever works for the current image.  Dark green has previously been very limiting. 

So Ashley's hair colour is certainly a result of that.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I miss the green hair!!!

Honestly, I miss it too. Though it is strange how we've grown accustomed to something that was never actually shown in the main comic, we've only seen her coloured in sketchbooks and pinups. I'm not sure if coloured panels of main comic pages count as canon, since many of them have altered dialog.

Wait, Ashley used to have green hair?  I'm an old fogey, and I don't remember that...

...it kind of looks like Ashley's epicanthic fold got split evenly between the two of them.  Elliot-as-Ashley has it less, and Ashley-as-Elliot has it more.

13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

As for Ashley's hair, in real life Dan said it was too hard to find clothing colors that went with her old green hair.

I know.

13 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

In-story, it could have been for the same reason, or she might have just felt like a change.

Maybe. I'm not sure how hard is to color-coordinate with green myself, but I think the green was better.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For a serious martial arts student who spends time as a superhero, it sure is easy to take Elliot by surprise.

Well, maybe ASMA is not as serious :)

And Elliot's experience as superhero is also quite small. And his lack of training very obvious in other areas as well ... like flying. Or landing.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I miss the green hair!!!

Honestly, I miss it too. Though it is strange how we've grown accustomed to something that was never actually shown in the main comic, we've only seen her coloured in sketchbooks and pinups. I'm not sure if coloured panels of main comic pages count as canon, since many of them have altered dialog.

Because it suits her. Also, I think so many people have it as headcanon Dan has no chance to convince us otherwise.

15 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Tedd and Grace don't appear palette swapped, so they must have transformed separately. (It probably could have worked on Grace, though.)

According to Dan on Reddit, turns out Grace and Tedd are palette swapped. And now that I think about it, the hairstyle Tedd has matches the style from the Remote Control image.

So yeah, my theory that Grace was in MV1 is busted.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:36 AM, hkmaly said:
On 2/4/2018 at 8:53 PM, ChronosCat said:

As for Ashley's hair, in real life Dan said it was too hard to find clothing colors that went with her old green hair.

I know.

But did you know that I didn't know if you knew? :P

On 2/5/2018 at 0:41 PM, hkmaly said:
On 2/5/2018 at 0:28 PM, Scotty said:

According to Dan on Reddit, turns out Grace and Tedd are palette swapped. And now that I think about it, the hairstyle Tedd has matches the style from the Remote Control image.

... so the one waving is Tedd? Weird.

Agreed. Based on their actions, I was assuming Tedd was the one on the left and Grace the one on the right.

Unless maybe Dan meant that like Elliot and Ashley, they switched everything but their palettes? Then Grace would be the one waving, she would just have Tedd's body-shape and hair style - but in that case Tedd seems to be in a lot better shape than I would have expected. (Zooming in, the eye shape of the one waving does seem to match Tedd's, so I guess it being a simple sex-change is out.)

Part of the reason this is so confusing is they both change their looks so much these days, it gets hard to keep track. For instance, I'm sure I've seen that wavy hair style the person on the left has on Tedd before, but it's also Grace's current default hair style (something I had forgotten until I looked back at some strips from early last year). And of course, you never know what sex Tedd is going to be.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
10 hours ago, hkmaly said:
On 2/5/2018 at 2:53 AM, ChronosCat said:

I know.

But did you know that I didn't know if you knew? :P

I wasn't sure about it but it sounded likely, therefore I was confirming that I know exactly to make sure you know that I knew. Of course, I didn't knew that you don't know if I knew when I was writing the original post.

(This is harder that it looks.)

15 hours ago, WR...S said:

I think he means that each has become a pallette swap of the other, just like Elliot and Ashley.

If it was strictly the last panel being posted, yeah they would all have been palette swapped, but because the comic shows that Ashley and Elliot are actually transformed, a lot of people (myself included) assumed that Tedd and Grace were similarly transformed.

Just now, WR...S said:

I think they are transformed, just like Elliot and Ashley, into pallette swaps of one another, as I said.

Yeah but we know that Ashley and Elliot didn't just simply transform into palette swaps, the "Ashley" we see in the last panel is really Elliot and "Elliot" is Ashley so really those two didn't palette swap, it just looks like they did in the last panel. Dan's reddit response that I linked to before was to a comment claiming Grace and Tedd were similarly transformed and that "Grace" was Tedd and "Tedd" was Grace, but it's actually Grace with Tedd's palette and Tedd with Grace's palette.