• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Wednesday February 7, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2457

There's no way that Voltaire didn't expect any of this.

His first plan to kill Elliot and traumatize Tedd failed, Plan CM was also to manipulate Tedd, so what better way to do so than to have it revealed to him that his dream of making magic public is doomed and believe that the WoM is a real jerk, then get Pandora close to Tedd, then set her up to get forcibly reset, and then top off the fact that the WoM is a jerk by having it be the one that tells Tedd that Pandora was reset.

I had observed that a gruff personality is often a trait of essentially good people in EGS.

The Will of Magic, however, does need to learn diplomacy.

What a way to learn that the Fairy Godmother met just yesterday is now lost to Tedd.  Possibly forever.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2457

His first plan to kill Elliot and traumatize Tedd failed, Plan CM was also to manipulate Tedd, so what better way to do so than to have it revealed to him that his dream of making magic public is doomed and believe that the WoM is a real jerk, then get Pandora close to Tedd, then set her up to get forcibly reset, and then top off the fact that the WoM is a jerk by having it be the one that tells Tedd that Pandora was reset.

How could Voltaire predict that specific chain of events?

1 minute ago, partner555 said:

How could Voltaire predict that specific chain of events?

Probably didn't have to predict, just lay the right breadcrumbs. I mean, Plan CM couldn't have been thought up in the spur of the moment after Plan A (Kill Elliot) failed, the pendant with the pithos symbol given to Dex made Adrian believe that Pandora was involved in the dragon incident that Noah could have been killed in, that had to be a Plan CM detail, because if it was just strictly about trying to kill Elliot then the pithos symbol wouldn't have been necessary right? Voltaire would have Plan CM all ready to go if killing Elliot proved to be more difficult. And Voltaire did imply that Plan CM would involve more deaths with the "Plan A would have gotten the job done with one murder" comment. So we have a pile of aberrations dead, plus an Immortal essentially killed. And now Tedd just learned of it at a time when she's starting to become desperate to keep magic from changing.

My guess for Friday: Convincing Arthur proves its value, as he takes up the argument while Tedd recovers from her shock. One potential point might be to take inspiration from Tedd and ask what percentage of seers have "acted foolishly" in past resets. Even 1% would mean about 10 seers this time.

The next question on my mind is: will Tedd consider the Will of Magic to be to blame for Pandora's "death"? If so, then Tedd is going to be extremely angry at WoM.

2 hours ago, Douglas said:

My guess for Friday: Convincing Arthur proves its value, as he takes up the argument while Tedd recovers from her shock. One potential point might be to take inspiration from Tedd and ask what percentage of seers have "acted foolishly" in past resets. Even 1% would mean about 10 seers this time.

All it would take is one after all.

She is Chaos, so NBD actually. Remember her name.

I do hear a possible intervention by someone not named Tedd.

All the same? Never. How we change is how we stay the same. To flying cars! :demonicduck:

24 minutes ago, animalia said:

My god, it's like arguing with a two year old.

It's like what it wants is validation on what it wants to do anyway, or at least, that's how I'm interpreting things so far.

Next queston to ask: What reason will all those Seers be given for not revealing Magic?  Because if Magic hasn't convinced even one of these three, what are the odds that the reason they're given will be accepted by all thousand?

Plus, I am fearful of whether Magic can take action against individuals, because I can seriously imagine Tedd declaring that she personally will make sure Magic is revealed, and that she'll spread the word far and wide why she thinks other Seers should do the same.

7 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Next queston to ask: What reason will all those Seers be given for not revealing Magic?  Because if Magic hasn't convinced even one of these three, what are the odds that the reason they're given will be accepted by all thousand?

Ooh, that's a good one.

I also found this on the EGS facebook group:

I think they can cry foul at this point. They were invited her for their perspective, but so far, they've been treated as if they don't matter.

I think this is also a valid point to bring up.

Just now, partner555 said:

I think they can cry foul at this point. They were invited her for their perspective, but so far, they've been treated as if they don't matter.

I think this is also a valid point to bring up.

Eh....Arthur's probably the only one who's truly given some perspective on the subject, his statement had a personal touch to it with the "I've seen what can happen." comment. Tedd's only argued against it by trying to use statistics and probability, I've yet to see her say anything personal about it and maybe that's what the WoM wants too, it's like "Arthur may agree with you on the statistics but he's still got a personal fear about magic being public."  All other seers that have come to these meetings in the past likely had the same personal fear about magic being public. If it was just Arthur at this meeting it'd be no different, if it was just Tedd at the meeting, the WoM might still compare Tedd's statement against what had been said in the past and come to the same conclusion that Tedd's statement was insufficient.

I really don't think this is Magic being a butthead, but Magic trying to determine why someone would want minimal changes now.

44 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Eh....Arthur's probably the only one who's truly given some perspective on the subject, his statement had a personal touch to it with the "I've seen what can happen." comment. Tedd's only argued against it by trying to use statistics and probability, I've yet to see her say anything personal about it and maybe that's what the WoM wants too, it's like "Arthur may agree with you on the statistics but he's still got a personal fear about magic being public."  All other seers that have come to these meetings in the past likely had the same personal fear about magic being public. If it was just Arthur at this meeting it'd be no different, if it was just Tedd at the meeting, the WoM might still compare Tedd's statement against what had been said in the past and come to the same conclusion that Tedd's statement was insufficient.

I really don't think this is Magic being a butthead, but Magic trying to determine why someone would want minimal changes now.

But Magic isn't laying it's cards on the table.  What are it's reasons for changing severely?  It obviously has some or there would not be a need for the logic to be sufficient.  What logic is preventing minimal change.  Perhaps that would be a good question to ask.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Plus, I am fearful of whether Magic can take action against individuals, because I can seriously imagine Tedd declaring that she personally will make sure Magic is revealed, and that she'll spread the word far and wide why she thinks other Seers should do the same.

Both very good points.

It does seems like Magic's lack of tact is about to push Tedd to some kind of breaking point.  Perhaps instead of declaring she will reveal Magic, this will push her to become more passionate and share her experienced-based perspective; why having magic is so important to her.  You know, Magic says it wants logic, but maybe it really just wants some drama.  I am having trouble reconciling this entity calling for logical perspectives when in practice, it having a flair for the dramatic.

So if Magic decides to change anyways, is there a point at which Magic starts saying "maybe this wasn't such a good idea"? Maybe after Voltaire and a newly-created Lord Tedd outright force Magic's secrecy to be completely and utterly impossible short of an extinction event not seen since the end of the dinosaurs? Or will it take humanity or a human ascending beyond the levels of gods, with the power to bend worlds to his will, putting his gauntleted hand around Magic's neck and demanding submission?

If the reason is the damage that magic can do that reasoning falls flat when magic is the one giving dangerous spells to the people most like to abuse it anyways. I feel a rant is in order.

If magic is acting like a child, treat it like a child, if logic won't work try emotion.

34 minutes ago, animalia said:

If magic is acting like a child, treat it like a child, if like gic won't work try emtipn.

What's that last part supposed to be?

48 minutes ago, animalia said:

I hope Tedd brings up the Wizard who was almost killed by technology.

I'm not sure who you mean.  If you mean Mr. Raven, I don't think Tedd knows about the gun yet.

6 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure who you mean.  If you mean Mr. Raven, I don't think Tedd knows about the gun yet.

While that's true, they could ask what was the inciting incident, since if Magic wants logic, Magic must provide all the facts for the logic to be valid. After all, Arthur changed his position when provided with new information.

51 minutes ago, animalia said:

I hope Tedd brings up the Wizard who was almost killed by technology.

Tedd doesn't know what happened to Adrian, chances are the WoM does though and because it doesn't understand what the exact context was, it's going to appear to not care about the fact that Pandora did what she did to protect her son, it's already clear that it doesn't understand that a lot of what Pandora did was for her family

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

There is totally possible Voltaire didn't expected this ... nevertheless, I agree that it put Tedd exactly where he wanted her.

In best case, Tedd is out and it's on Arthur and Van to convince magic. In not-best case, Tedd will get another idea what to say.

20 hours ago, partner555 said:

Wait, so Magic genuinely thinks every Seer would keep quiet?

What part of "totally doesn't understand humans" you didn't get? :)

20 hours ago, Haylo said:

No further worries about magic hiding -- Tedd has power to bend worlds to her will, and now she's angry enough at WoM to do it...

I think that Pandora was just describing power every seer has ...

12 hours ago, partner555 said:
13 hours ago, animalia said:

My god, it's like arguing with a two year old.

It's like what it wants is validation on what it wants to do anyway, or at least, that's how I'm interpreting things so far.

Not really. But the change is default and to NOT do the change requires lot of convincing.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

"Arthur may agree with you on the statistics but he's still got a personal fear about magic being public."

But his fear is not deciding factor as he fears the magic will go public in BOTH cases.

9 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

You know, Magic says it wants logic, but maybe it really just wants some drama.  I am having trouble reconciling this entity calling for logical perspectives when in practice, it having a flair for the dramatic.

... is probably as logical as Susan's long hair.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

What's that last part supposed to be?

Sorry I tried editing my post on my phone. It did NOT go well. Here is the edited portion for your viewing pleasure. "If magic is acting like a child, treat it like a child, if logic won't work try emotion."