• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday February 9, 2018

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

It seems possible, at the very least. I wonder where this will lead Tedd. I suspect not quite in the direction that Colonel Sanders wanted her to go.

Maybe this was the one thing Voltaire didn't expect Pandora to do, everything I had said before about the leaving the pendant to drive a wedge between her and Adrian, making Pandora get close to Tedd, and setting up Adrian to be attacked so that Pandora would break immortal law to save him as well as be the final straw that causes magic to change, all that would be Plan CM, but Pandora suddenly deciding to attempt a Refresh might have been beyond any predictions he could have made. Who knows what Tedd could have done if she wasn't given that extra info about family.

Also, that whole part make me think that the WoM isn't giving itself enough credit when it comes to understanding the corporeal experience.

I think the WoM's lack of understanding of corporeal experience is more along the lines of the Immortals' lack of understanding of mortal ethics--it's not 100% alien, but there are important nuances that are simply missed often enough to require a human's input as a double check.

While still never downplaying Pandora's motives to make it happen this way. Too bold, never satisfied, and did not get the balance right. All for Adrian, all things that Blaike could not do.

The issue of magic is still not allayed. How now? Balancing things out, or tipping the scales?

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So....wow, the WoM doesn't seem to be that oblivious to what Pandora did, and isn't as cold to the situation as we though?

I'm not surprised WoM knows exactly what Pandora did. Question was if it was able to understand her motivation, and seems it did. And it may still be cold to the situation, but seem to realize what information would Tedd need ...

... also, seems that it has VERY detailed knowledge of situation. And may have problem realizing most others don't. Might be reason why it's so chatty - tries to compensate.

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe this was the one thing Voltaire didn't expect Pandora to do, everything I had said before about the leaving the pendant to drive a wedge between her and Adrian, making Pandora get close to Tedd, and setting up Adrian to be attacked so that Pandora would break immortal law to save him as well as be the final straw that causes magic to change, all that would be Plan CM, but Pandora suddenly deciding to attempt a Refresh might have been beyond any predictions he could have made.

Probably because Voltaire had no idea refresh is possible ... especially in forced reset situation.

The will of magic said that immortals can do it but most never consider trying. Well, the fact they had no idea it may work would be good reason why.

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Who knows what Tedd could have done if she wasn't given that extra info about family.

Well she was very angry. Seems less angry now.

32 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I think the WoM's lack of understanding of corporeal experience is more along the lines of the Immortals' lack of understanding of mortal ethics--it's not 100% alien, but there are important nuances that are simply missed often enough to require a human's input as a double check.

IMHO it is alien to it, but during all those centuries, it did got SOME understanding.

20 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am now almost certain that Hecka is involved with this "Will of Magic" voice.

Why?

Heka seemed to have VERY good understanding of humans.

May I just say, Dan did a wonderful job on the facial expressions here! Not so much the AngryFaceTedd, but all the subtleties of Tedd's face before and after, and even the shock on Arthur's face. Lots of nuance there!

Oh, and now I'm wondering if WillOM is going to say something about Tedd's being related to Van.  Possibly just before they all wake up.

Yeah, WoM, kind of a jerk, but with moments of what seem like genuine niceness.  Seems like the not-quite midway point of a Korean drama where the male romantic protagonist does something genuinely nice for the female romantic lead and she has the feels even though he's been a bit of a jerk to her, but oh isn't he handsome, though not as handsome as he seems to think... wait, where were we?  Oh yeah, WoM unwittingly derails Colonel Voltaire's plan CM, cause you know, Tedd was looking a little like she was going to declare WoM his enemy.

Now, now I think Tedd will want to find Pandora and help her.  And maybe wait for WoM to send flowers.

It could be that I have been watching too many Korean dramas lately.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I'm not surprised WoM knows exactly what Pandora did. Question was if it was able to understand her motivation, and seems it did. And it may still be cold to the situation, but seem to realize what information would Tedd need ...

Despite not understanding the corporeal experience, it did seen to know enough about anger to know how Tedd was feeling and was able to quell that anger on a more personal level, maybe if was just going off of Pandora's intentions, but still to know that was something that Tedd would need to hear at that point, it feels like there's some level of sympathy to it.

Just now, hkmaly said:

... also, seems that it has VERY detailed knowledge of situation. And may have problem realizing most others don't. Might be reason why it's so chatty - tries to compensate.

The fact that it knew all about Pandora's attempt to refresh and that it was apparently successful (Dan's commentary says as much) make me hope that it's also aware of Voltaire's manipulations. Maybe what the WoM has been doing so far is testing Tedd to see if those manipulations had worked or not?

Just now, hkmaly said:

The will of magic said that immortals can do it but most never consider trying. Well, the fact they had no idea it may work would be good reason why.

I think Fairies used to refresh initially, but at some point a full reset seemed the better course of action. As much as Dan has spoken about resets proper and improper, I'm going to guess that the fact that Pandora had sorted out what memories she wanted to keep beforehand probably is the difference between proper and improper, like an improper reset is one where the Immortal gets reset before they've had a change to organize their memories.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Well yeah, I'm talking about what Voltaire hoped Tedd would do. Then again it's probably still too early to tell, Monday can't get here fast enough. LOL

Something I had forgotten about, the WoM recruited Disco Wizard to go into Graces dreams, the whole goal of that was to get the attention of Pandora. So the WoM would have known the whole conversation between DW and Pandora so it would know about Pandora's motivations and such, it should also know about Voltaire messing around as well right?

So, the Will of Magic has no tact, but it does care about Tedd's emotional well being? I wouldn't have guessed that. I wonder, does it care about what all humans feel, or just a select few including Tedd? And does it actually have something like human empathy and compassion, or is it's concern for Tedd merely pragmatic (overly emotional people tend not to be good at making rational arguments)?

Starburst alert in panel five, but I'm still taking a break from cheering for backgrounds in the story comics.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So, the Will of Magic has no tact, but it does care about Tedd's emotional well being? I wouldn't have guessed that. I wonder, does it care about what all humans feel, or just a select few including Tedd? And does it actually have something like human empathy and compassion, or is it's concern for Tedd merely pragmatic (overly emotional people tend not to be good at making rational arguments)?

Starburst alert in panel five, but I'm still taking a break from cheering for backgrounds in the story comics.

If the sole three people chosen to discuss the matter haven't given their best input on a big decision, then magic is not doing its job, so it's just trying to get the business out of the way. Also, the subject of Pandora is also relevant to the situation.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Despite not understanding the corporeal experience, it did seen to know enough about anger to know how Tedd was feeling and was able to quell that anger on a more personal level, maybe if was just going off of Pandora's intentions, but still to know that was something that Tedd would need to hear at that point, it feels like there's some level of sympathy to it.

It's true that the last bit - "you will still be family" - sounds like it realized WHY it's important to Tedd.

The fact that it knew all about Pandora's attempt to refresh and that it was apparently successful (Dan's commentary says as much) make me hope that it's also aware of Voltaire's manipulations. Maybe what the WoM has been doing so far is testing Tedd to see if those manipulations had worked or not?

IMHO it's aware of what Voltaire is doing but is not able to understand the reason. "Testing Tedd if those manupulations worked" sounds like 1) requiring more understanding of humans 2) kind of too close to self-fulfilling test.

I think Fairies used to refresh initially, but at some point a full reset seemed the better course of action.

Hmmmm ... true, might be another thing which immortals knew but then forgot because their previous incarnations hidden the information from them deliberately, just like the information that elves can have kids.

As much as Dan has spoken about resets proper and improper, I'm going to guess that the fact that Pandora had sorted out what memories she wanted to keep beforehand probably is the difference between proper and improper, like an improper reset is one where the Immortal gets reset before they've had a change to organize their memories.

I think she sort of cheated. That the reset SHOULD be improper, but she used her power to "fix" it ... either that, or Jerry was overly careful with his reset.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well yeah, I'm talking about what Voltaire hoped Tedd would do. Then again it's probably still too early to tell, Monday can't get here fast enough. LOL

And Monday will help you how? ... could easily be weeks before we get Voltaire's reaction.

Something I had forgotten about, the WoM recruited Disco Wizard to go into Graces dreams, the whole goal of that was to get the attention of Pandora. So the WoM would have known the whole conversation between DW and Pandora so it would know about Pandora's motivations and such, it should also know about Voltaire messing around as well right?

Only if it paid attention to that conversation. ... although, going by how much it seems to know, I would say it DOES know, but maybe don't understand ...

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

1 hour ago, weirdee said:

If the sole three people chosen to discuss the matter haven't given their best input on a big decision, then magic is not doing its job, so it's just trying to get the business out of the way. Also, the subject of Pandora is also relevant to the situation.

I would put it even differently: it cares about Tedd having the information relevant to the decision. It's ok if Tedd gets angry for valid reason, but it's not ok if she gets angry based on incorrect or incomplete information.

... that actually reminds me some internet discussions ...

I just noticed that Magic called Tedd by his full name.  If Van is indeed Norko's son, will he know enough about his mum's past to pick up on Tedd's name as wonder if Tedd is related to him?

10 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I just noticed that Magic called Tedd by his full name.  If Van is indeed Norko's son, will he know enough about his mum's past to pick up on Tedd's name as wonder if Tedd is related to him?

Also, how long before the magic uses VAN full name and does Tedd remember his mother maiden name? ... assuming she doesn't make up a new one.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, how long before the magic uses VAN full name and does Tedd remember his mother maiden name? ... assuming she doesn't make up a new one.

Is Magic likely to use a name for Van that Tedd would know? 

If Van goes by his Dad's last name, there wouldn't be any part of his name Tedd would recognize.  Even if Van used Norko's maiden name, would Tedd know what that is?  He might but might not too.  It wouldn't the last name Nanase uses.

This is, of course, the first Arthur has heard of Tedd and Pandora being family.  Whether he knew that Adrian Raven is the son of that particular immortal before this point is also in question.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

This is, of course, the first Arthur has heard of Tedd and Pandora being family.  Whether he knew that Adrian Raven is the son of that particular immortal before this point is also in question.

Actually, the question is if he realizes Pandora Chaos Raven is the girl from news. The fact Pandora is Adrian's mother seems pretty obvious with their names, but he might not hear her name before.

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And Monday will help you how?

Because it wouldn't happen on a Sunday. It'll be just another manic Monday.

It can happen on some Friday, though.