• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Friday February 9, 2018

This fantasy sequence is, like, missing something very important: rounded panel corners! I mean sure, it says at the top it's a fantasy, but the narrator could be lying! Besides, I like rounded corners. They're all soft and round, just like, um... something in this comic (I can't quite put my finger on it).

Speaking of the narrator, I don't think I've seen Dan change pronouns for Tedd mid-sentence before (unless I've just forgotten or something). I like it.

...Hmm, there was, like, one more thing I was going to say... Oh yeah! Yay for starburst backgrounds in every panel!

...Trying to talk ditzy on purpose is hard.

2 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Bartender!  A glass of your best hourglass for everybody!

You have no idea how much trouble I would get into if I said that at my favourite bar.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

You have no idea how much trouble I would get into if I said that at my favourite bar.

...but it might be fun to watch.  :)

The closest I've ever come to mixed-drink weirdness isn't very.   I once told a Denny's waitress I wanted their "cola dujour".  She thought I was ordering a mixed drink.  all I wanted was the Coke or Pepsi they had on tap.

21 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

This fantasy sequence is, like, missing something very important: rounded panel corners! I mean sure, it says at the top it's a fantasy, but the narrator could be lying! Besides, I like rounded corners. They're all soft and round, just like, um... something in this comic (I can't quite put my finger on it).

Speaking of the narrator, I don't think I've seen Dan change pronouns for Tedd mid-sentence before (unless I've just forgotten or something). I like it.

...Hmm, there was, like, one more thing I was going to say... Oh yeah! Yay for starburst backgrounds in every panel!

...Trying to talk ditzy on purpose is hard.

NO! As Dan said in the commentary, he needed every available pixel to fit everything necessary into the strip, he was already cutting corners without actually cutting the corners.

38 minutes ago, mlooney said:

And Ashley shows, once again, she is a squeaky clean pervert.

Easily one of the more squeaky clean perverts in the most squeaky clean pervert comic on the Internet.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In all honesty, I think if this was Tedd's imagination, they'd all be Grace in those forms.

It would match the expression more. I mean, at least Susan would DEFINITELY not smile in such case, even if Ditzy. MAYBE if Ditzy AND Pony.

37 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

They're all soft and round, just like, um... something in this comic (I can't quite put my finger on it).

I know exactly what you mean. I would be afraid of hammers if I put my finger on it as well.

38 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Well in many cases it would be confusing. Even here, "she" MIGHT refer to Ashley ...

As if her mind was not dinged before this. Then again, her attitude is not what I fear – Susan's "form" is.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

The closest I've ever come to mixed-drink weirdness isn't very.   I once told a Denny's waitress I wanted their "cola dujour".  She thought I was ordering a mixed drink.  all I wanted was the Coke or Pepsi they had on tap.

What was the soup du jour?

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

They're all soft and round, just like, um... something in this comic (I can't quite put my finger on it).

Marshmallow speech bubbles?

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I know exactly what you mean. I would be afraid of hammers if I put my finger on it as well.

*readies the blowtorch and the graham crackers* :demonicduck:

50 minutes ago, Stature said:

As if her mind was not dinged before this. Then again, her attitude is not what I fear – Susan's "form" is.

Not sure if it's what you refer to, but "Ditzy is faulting" meant it's affecting all players just like the Busty and Hippy.

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A game of magical transformations needs an interlude of imagined magical transformations between the fictional magical transformations?

Well, duh, of course.  How else would we see hippy-busty-ditzy-magical-honey-badger Susan?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A game of magical transformations needs an interlude of imagined magical transformations between the fictional magical transformations?

And this isn't just any game of magical transformations either - it's one so non-canon the characters know it's not canon.  So what we have here is a fantasy sequence (about magical transformations) while playing a boardgame  (involving magical transformations) in a non-canon story that's part of a webcomic (which often features magical transformations) which is a work of fiction.

Not cutting corners this time ruins the brand. I know, but this still is pretty jarring. :(

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure if it's what you refer to, but "Ditzy is faulting" meant it's affecting all players just like the Busty and Hippy.

Above that, plus the fact Susan is "smiling" is freaking me out. I could never trust that kind of happiness.

Just now, WR...S said:

New theory: Ashley and Tedd are actually the same person.

They appeared together when Ashley met Susan, Sarah and Tedd. Of course, magic could be involved.

8 hours ago, Stature said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Above that, plus the fact Susan is "smiling" is freaking me out. I could never trust that kind of happiness.

As I said, I don't believe even Ditzy would be able to do that. But that's what the sequence is using as explanation of Susan's smile.

8 hours ago, partner555 said:
8 hours ago, WR...S said:

New theory: Ashley and Tedd are actually the same person.

They appeared together when Ashley met Susan, Sarah and Tedd. Of course, magic could be involved.

Is it too early to suggest Ashley might be Tedd from another universe?

Just now, hkmaly said:

As I said, I don't believe even Ditzy would be able to do that. But that's what the sequence is using as explanation of Susan's smile.

i dunno, we already have 2 instances of Susan with a big smile on her face that's probably as big if not bigger than Ashley's imagination. But that's either Energized doing it's thing, or Susan's competitiveness kicking in, or both, likely both.

Just now, hkmaly said:

My headcanon still believes that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend and only Word of Dan can change that. ;)

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

i dunno, we already have 2 instances of Susan with a big smile on her face that's probably as big if not bigger than Ashley's imagination. But that's either Energized doing it's thing, or Susan's competitiveness kicking in, or both, likely both.

That's not the same kind of smile.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

My headcanon still believes that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend and only Word of Dan can change that. ;)

Sounds more likely than Ashley being alternate universe Tedd, but might be too tame speculation for this forum.

14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So, this comic was written by Dan, who is a character created by Sarah. Based on this, I conclude that this is really Sarah's who dreamed up this fantasy sequence!

This make sense to me.

But then again, I thought keeping the Illinois Tollway from operating the Chicago Skyway also made sense.