• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

GameNightWallpaper.png

While I always strive to update my comic every single week, I tend to put some other aspects of my website on the back burner. No, I'm not talking about the Links pages - although I definitely AM working on adding some new sites to my Links - I mean my downloadable wallpapers. I find this particularly embarassing because most of my wallpapers have been prizes for my Annual Birthday Fan Art contest, and I tend to wait until the next contest comes around before I actually get around to creating the prize for the previous year. To be fair, it's usually because I try not to do too many filler updates in a row anymore, and I tend to have a few fillers around my birthday, but I still feel bad that I tend to make my contest winners wait.

But that's in the past... Last year's winner has done enough waiting! CD Rudd, creator of SailorSun.Org (Check out my Links page for his site, along with a full description!), requested that I draw my characters doing whatever it is they do in their spare time. I decided that they do the same thing my friends and I do when we get together: eat pizza and play video games!

I wanted to make sure all the characters looked interesting and dynamic; usually when you're playing games with friends, you're all sitting in the couch, controller in hand, and that's it. I decided to give everyone a different pose and a different controller (If Nintendo can make multiple controllers for a single console, so can I). Cannon - or rather, Dave - may not be wearing his big, clunky armor, but he does have a controller based off the N64 controller, but with his armor's color scheme (I'll bet it's one of those see-through controllers that I wish they still made. Also, Dave would totally rule at Mario Party, since his prosthetic hand can't get blisters from the Tug-of-War minigame). His pose is the most aggressive - albeit comedically so - of the three, which fits his personality quite well. Max may not be in his full Belt Boy gear, but he still wears his goggles (which just look cool) and his belt to help him snack without distractions (And yes, the design on his cup is based on a famous paper cup design, but with Belt Boy's uniform's red and blue hues). Max is holding a controller reminiscent of the classic SNES controller, even with its classic color scheme (The SNES was always one of my favorite consoles). Tiffany doesn't wear an outfit as Titanium Maiden; she just takes on the name, so she doesn't really have any costume change. The controllers are based of the Wii nunchucks, except they're two joined remotes without a joystick (and their color-scheme is based off another pizza-eating hero who uses nunchucks!), which shows off Tiffany's impressive biceps rather nicely.

I've put some work into this background: look closely and you may notice that a photo in a wall frame offers a subtle homage to CD Rudd's comic (Those figures look a lot like Bay and Honey...), and that Tiffany forgot to use the wrist straps the first time they played. The gaming console looks like a GameCube and Wii mashed together, with dual cartridge slots on top reminiscent of one of those non-official consoles that are designed to play both NES and SNES games. I call this console the PlayTend Box 90 (Because it forms a 90-degree angle). I didn't intend for this to be any character's specific living room, but in hindsight, it does have Cannon's purple-and-green color scheme, so maybe this is at his house.

This is my first wallpaper designed with phones/tablets in mind, which is why I centered the characters to appear on the screen even if the image is cropped. Still, I like how the scene looks as a whole, so I think it looks best on a tablet, or even centered on your PC. I hope you all enjoy it, especially you, CD (Sorry again for the long wait; I hope it was worth it)!