• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Monday February 12, 2018

Actually, I think I got it, Ashley's head is too much like Ashley's head, but with elephant ears and the trunk.

Maybe if Dan had drawn her head more like an elephant's it might not have looked as weird.

Sooo ... the effect of Genie WILL come up and that's why it's not mentioned on this page?

Also, I second the question of if using own magic is or isn't against rules. I would say that it would at least make the "playtesting" less useful ; if this size is going to be problematic (more than Catalina's mouse size, which was more extreme yet Rhoda didn't complained) then the effect should be modified.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe if Dan had drawn her head more like an elephant's it might not have looked as weird.

Maybe if Dan would also add tusks it would look even more weird.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I know exactly how I feel about this

GAHHH  DO NOT WANT!

I agree. That trunk looks entirely wrong to me. Sorry.

I was thinking why it doesn't look so wrong to me and then I got it: it's not first time I see something like this.

There was a fairy tale movie with princess who got similar nose as part of curse. Well, longer. Actually ...

Am I the only one who think Ashley's genie outfit makes her look a little like Caulifla from Dragon Ball Super? It was somehow the first thing that came to mind when I saw her like that. :P

1 hour ago, Wixelt said:

Am I the only one who think Ashley's genie outfit makes her look a little like Caulifla from Dragon Ball Super? It was somehow the first thing that came to mind when I saw her like that. :P

The first thing I thought of was Babu, the bumbling apprentice, from the 1970s animated series "Jeannie".

This reminds me of the elephant genie Taj from Diddy Kong Racing (though his trunk was shaped a bit differently). I'm sure I've also seen some other cartoon elephant with a nose similar to the way Dan draw's Ashley's here, but I can't remember where.

At any rate, while that face isn't exactly attractive, as a "silly looking cartoon" face I think it's fine.

What I find the most interesting is that Catalina used a two-type card and a one-type card to take a two space, when Ashely had three one-type cards affecting her. Unless I am misunderstanding the rules, Catalina could have take the space with just the Elephant card. I wonder, did Dan/Catalina just want to see an Elephant Genie, or did one/both of them not want to see an elephant in a bikini? I'm sure there are plenty of Bunnies who would have disliked that combo, but the "furry" card likely would have also provided a more elephant-like face, which might have looked better than a human face with elephant nose and ears.

...Finally, yay for smoke-cloud background in panel two! ...Hmm, usually the background to the transformations in this game is a star-burst with a few puffs of smoke. I wonder, is the extra smoke because of the genie card? If the smoke is really there I supoose I shouldn't be cheering for it, at least not as part of my self-appointed Replacement Keeper of the Flowery Backgrounds duties... Oh well, either way I still think it's a pretty cool effect.

Edited by ChronosCat
Card, not care.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

What I find the most interesting is that Catalina used a two-type card and a one-type card to take a two space, when Ashely had three one-type cards affecting her. Unless I am misunderstanding the rules, Catalina could have take the space with just the Elephant card. I wonder, did Dan/Catalina just want to see an Elephant Genie, or did one/both of them not want to see an elephant in a bikini? I'm sure there are plenty of Bunnies who would have disliked that combo, but the "furry" care likely would have also provided a more elephant-like face, which might have looked better than a human face with elephant nose and ears.

It's also possible she wanted to get rid of the Genie card. She can draw better one on end of turn.

Oh yeah, derp, Furry probably would have made Ashley look more like an elephant, I guess Dan had no choice to draw Ashley this way then.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's also possible she wanted to get rid of the Genie card. She can draw better one on end of turn.

Genie also sounds like it might be more beneficial to other player than the one affected by it. Thinking along the lines of a 3 wishes theme but not sure how that would work really.