• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

The first thing I'd do....

This one's pretty free-form.  We take an event happening, such as winning the $500 million dollar Powerball, or discovering you could paint exactly what you picture in your head.  You say what the first thing you'd do with this talent is.  Following up with what you would eventually do with it is optional.

Start each entry by repeating the hypothetical you're referring to, as in, "If I discovered I could teleport, the first thing I'd do is...."  This allows us to introduce a new hypothetical when people lose interest in or have already replied to the current topic, but it also allows people who have just discovered or come back to the thread to catch up with whichever they choose.  Be as silly or as serious as you want!

So, to kick it off, let's start with "If I discovered I could teleport, the first thing I'd do...."

If I discovered I could teleport, the first thing I'd do is read a bunch of the great SF books that use teleportation.  Hear me out, the reason is that there are a lot of ways that an ability like that might go wrong, and I would want to figure out the limits and effects without hurting myself or anyone else.  Fiction has utilized this idea many, many times, and I suspect an awful lot of ways to test it safely and take advantage of it in creative ways have been thoroughly explored by some very smart writers!  It might help me to decide what to do in the long run, too -- join the space program, with zero launch-to-orbit costs for small payloads?  Earn money as a very quick, very secure courier?  Transport relief supplies to areas hit by catastrophes?  It would all depend on the details, and I'd need to not kill myself learning them in order to accomplish anything greater!

Oh, and I'd figure out good sites in DisneyWorld, Universal, and the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park....  ;-)

If I discovered I could teleport, the first thing I'd do is pop home for a bit. I've been living overseas for a long time now, and air travel to the states is uncomfortably expensive, especially given the minimal periods of available time off during which I could even make use of it. I've no intention of permanently returning to the U.S. anytime soon (for some reason), but one does miss it from time to time.

I'd quit my job. Well, I'd give my notice. I know what it's like to have to pick up sudden slack when someone else up and quits all of a sudden. I'm not a total jerk.

I would definitely being making travel plans immediately, though.

12 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

New topic!  "If I won the $500 million Powerball, the first thing I'd do...."

A co-worker at the hotel I work at said she had a dream about winning the LottoMax (basically Canada's Powerball in terms of potential jackpot) and straight up buying the hotel and making me and a few other co-workers partners in it. She liked that dream so much that she's committed to fulfilling it if she actually does win one day.

We have a long-standing somewhat-joking agreement that if anyone at the animal hospital wins a huge lottery prize, they get to pay for all of us to go somewhere tropical for a nice vacation.  (At least one staff member, there is zero chance of that being anywhere but Disney World....)  It probably wouldn't be the *first* thing I'd do, though.  Maybe call my mom and sister, maybe start shopping online for a new ultrasound machine if it was too late to call them.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

"If I won the $500 million Powerball, the first thing I'd do...."

After taxes and the practical, predictable, boring stuff I would buy $100,000,000.00 in scratch-off lottery tickets.

You gotta spend money to make money.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Illjwamh said:

I would definitely being making travel plans immediately

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Where would you go?

12 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

Everywhere.