• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Wed 14 Feb, 2018

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

So, it's too bad this is non canon, so Rhoda being bi isn't canon either.

While it's not canon yet, based on commentary it's obvious it should be.

Lot of stuff in this storyline is this kind of "almost canon", starting with Hanma's existence.

Also, that bit about Rhoda thinking about shrinking people ... it makes more obvious why she's got shrinking magic. Sure, disproportionate sense of scale, but still, wanting to do something with it was important.

3 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Huh, that's new info, though I wonder what Rhoda thought of her male dates?

Tough to say since she did have a crush on Diane, but it's possible she might have felt that if Diane didn't share those feelings than at least she might be able to meet a decent guy.

Both. With Rhoda being 5 foot even, a size complex is so much a given. Or men are never shorter than at least Tedd. Hopefully not.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Tough to say since she did have a crush on Diane, but it's possible she might have felt that if Diane didn't share those feelings than at least she might be able to meet a decent guy.

Was Derek ever decent to begin with? Though it could be a given Derek was not her first.

6 hours ago, Stature said:

Both. With Rhoda being 5 foot even, a size complex is so much a given. Or men are never shorter than at least Tedd. Hopefully not.

Was Derek ever decent to begin with? Though it could be a given Derek was not her first.

Tedd's I think 5'6" compared to Justin being 6', George I think is 6'3". (I'm 6'4.5" btw :) ) not sure if she'd feel small next to Tedd but there are plenty of guys that would.

Derek was with Diane though and for at least 2 months as we saw Diane with him during Escape From the Mall which was set just before Halloween, and the she was still with him in End of an Era just before Christmas.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Tedd's I think 5'6" compared to Justin being 6', George I think is 6'3". (I'm 6'4.5" btw :) ) not sure if she'd feel small next to Tedd but there are plenty of guys that would.

You're about my older brother's height.  I'm just taller-enough than Elliot to be able to claim 6' 0

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Derek was with Diane though and for at least 2 months as we saw Diane with him during Escape From the Mall which was set just before Halloween, and the she was still with him in End of an Era just before Christmas.

I'm sure he bought her many nice things.

OK then.  I think we've established that everybody in EGS is at least a bit of a Tedd.  We just don't know how yet.

Tedd has matured and his his incomparable Teddness has literally changed the nature of reality.  He has released his Teddic glory upon  Moperville and those who were not Tedds before now find new aspects of themselves coming forward that they inexplicably always had because maybe magic can't do time travel but the true power of Tedd can.  Because of the terrible Conservation of Teddosity, Tedd himself is actually outwardly less a Tedd than he used to be.  Truly Tedd has paid a terrible price for the enlightenment of friends, acquaintances and strangers alike.  But he can rest comfortably in the knowledge that Teddnancies, once planted can only flower and themselves mature, further spreading the Teddic Glory.

Sure, that's one theory.  I prefer the theory that everyone has some Tedd in them, and always has.  Tedd just happened to have a lot more than average, and so this particular quality was named for him.  Tedd-ness was always there, it just wasn't recognized until Tedd's time.  Rather like the Americas were always there, and likely have had many names before "America" and will have other names in the future.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

I prefer the theory that everyone has some Tedd in them, and always has.

Would that make everyone Teddsexual then?

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm sure he bought her many nice things.

Him being with her twice doesn't mean he was with her all those two months.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Tedd-ness was always there, it just wasn't recognized until Tedd's time.  Rather like the Americas were always there, and likely have had many names before "America" and will have other names in the future.

I'm not sure if it NEEDED any names before. But it was definitely there long before being named America, like for example around year 1000 when Leif Erikson discovered it already full of people who didn't know it needs discovering. He named the area he landed in Vinland, but might not mean whole continent by that.

(There is also Brendan of Clonfert who discovered some island and some people claim he was so drunk he underestimated size of his discovery and the island was North America.)