• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

NP Wednesday Feb 21, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=735

I'm never quite sure whether to cheer for background effects that are overlaid over the background that's already there. It doesn't help that in the case of transformations like this, there might actually be a flash of light happening; for all I know I didn't "have to" cheer for any of the transformation backgrounds.

Speaking of backgrounds, I'm trying to figure out what we're seeing along the left-hand side of the panels. The puff-ball would seem to be some of Catalina's fur, but what is the pale thing above it? Her arm? Her leg?

Moving to the foreground, I was really surprised to see Ashley with fur and an animal-like face, when she shouldn't have the Furry card effect on her anymore. Given Dan's cry of "PLAYTESTING" when I mentioned it on Patreon, I guess it wasn't intentional. Still, I wonder what the in-game explanation for how it happened is. Maybe the Genie outfit only replaced the bikini, collar, shoes, and socks, without affecting the furry element?

(At any rate, I'm glad it happened. In my opinion this form is purrrrfect. Now she just needs together with Elliot while she's in this form and he's in his Cat form!)

Spotty spotting. Plus spotty grabbing. Yup.

20 minutes ago, showler said:

Ashley's got a real advantage now that she's occupying two spaces on the board.

That is probably not supposed to happen.

So we finally see a cat form. Unless there's some playtesting issues, dog forms like Rhoda and Catalina are going to repel cat forms like Ashley (so we might see a movement conflict), while cat forms like Ashley are going to attract dog forms like Rhoda and Catalina. (see November 24 comic commentary)

On that note, I don't feel like going back several threads and pointing this out there, but anyone notice that all three Animal/Clothing cards are dog forms?

We've also seen all three of the Animal/Physical cards, too. Nine cards to go until we know the full deck.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Cheetah!Genie!Ashley is way much better than Elephant!Genie!Ashley.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Definitely prefer this form.

Me three.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Moving to the foreground, I was really surprised to see Ashley with fur and an animal-like face, when she shouldn't have the Furry card effect on her anymore. Given Dan's cry of "PLAYTESTING" when I mentioned it on Patreon, I guess it wasn't intentional. Still, I wonder what the in-game explanation for how it happened is. Maybe the Genie outfit only replaced the bikini, collar, shoes, and socks, without affecting the furry element?

Alternatively, the Cheetah card transformation includes more fur than it should.

2 minutes ago, Zorua said:

So we finally see a cat form. Unless there's some playtesting issues, dog forms like Rhoda and Catalina are going to repel cat forms like Ashley (so we might see a movement conflict), while cat forms like Ashley are going to attract dog forms like Rhoda and Catalina. (see November 24 comic commentary)

I know cheetahs are cats, but realistically would they run from domestic dogs, or be chased by them? I'd be more inclined to believe the opposite would be true, but that's probably not what Hanma was going for here soo we'll have a golden retriever and a poodle chasing a big cat that could easily outrun them. ;)

10 minutes ago, Zorua said:

On that note, I don't feel like going back several threads and pointing this out there, but anyone notice that all three Animal/Clothing cards are dog forms?

Yeah they do.

1 hour ago, Zorua said:

We've also seen all three of the Animal/Physical cards, too. Nine cards to go until we know the full deck.

We haven't seen the third 3-type card yet either, and Dan refused to say what it was so it's quite possible that it'll be shown before the game ends?

Speaking of which, Rhoda's turn is next and she needs 1 point to win. Rolling a 10 won't do her any good because she'll land on Susan's space and Susan can block her from stealing it. Rolling a 5 or 11 will land on a 3-space which may at least reveal the last 3-type card if she has it, but chances aren't great. Rolling a 3, 7 or 9 land on 2-spaces which is more likely to be buyable unless all 3 of her cards a 1-types of the same type. And rolling a 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12 will get her a 1-space which will certainly win her the game.

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, Zorua said:

I know cheetahs are cats, but realistically would they run from domestic dogs, or be chased by them? I'd be more inclined to believe the opposite would be true, but that's probably not what Hanma was going for here soo we'll have a golden retriever and a poodle chasing a big cat that could easily outrun them. ;)

So what? Dogs are also known to chase cars, and most cars are even quicker (although usually not allowed to use that speed by traffic rules - I mean, dogs don't chase cars on expressways, but in residential areas).

52 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Speaking of which, Rhoda's turn is next and she needs 1 point to win. Rolling a 10 won't do her any good because she'll land on Susan's space and Susan can block her from stealing it. Rolling a 5 or 11 will land on a 3-space which may at least reveal the last 3-type card if she has it, but chances aren't great. Rolling a 3, 7 or 9 land on 2-spaces which is more likely to be buyable unless all 3 of her cards a 1-types of the same type. And rolling a 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12 will get her a 1-space which will certainly win her the game.

Hmmm ... maybe Susan won't win?

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

*grabs the List from /me*

*writes down Pharaoh's name, underlines it three times and then puts a cartouche around it*

*hands List back to /me*

/me adds a star...

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

To confuse you even more: cheetahs are said to have very dog-like personalities.

8 minutes ago, detrius said:

To confuse you even more: cheetahs are said to have very dog-like personalities.

But horrible business instincts...see above.

12 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That must be why you rarely see one in charge of loans and reinvestments in banks.

None of the noble cats are much suited for it to be honest it's a heyenous business...

4 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
17 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That must be why you rarely see one in charge of loans and reinvestments in banks.

None of the noble cats are much suited for it to be honest it's a heyenous business...

I was going to counter with one bank with lion but when I looked which bank it was I found it already went bankrupt, so ...

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

That's going to be a blow to its pride.

*grabs notebook from /me*

*flips to the page for TheOldHack*

*err, make that pages*

*um...*

*Volume what?!?*

*goes to shelves, finds most recent volume*

*adds a note, an underline, and a little cat-face with cross eyebrows*

5 hours ago, detrius said:

Cheetahs are rather high-strung and skittish.  At the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park, they routinely will raise an individual cheetah with a very laid-back dog as a constant companion.  They bring the pair near the crowds, the cheetah starts to get nervous, looks over at their buddy and sees that they're still calm and happy, and the cheetah relaxes and copes with the crowds much better than without that emotional cue.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

Cheetahs are rather high-strung and skittish.  At the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park, they routinely will raise an individual cheetah with a very laid-back dog as a constant companion.  They bring the pair near the crowds, the cheetah starts to get nervous, looks over at their buddy and sees that they're still calm and happy, and the cheetah relaxes and copes with the crowds much better than without that emotional cue.

That sure beats a dog and pony show.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ashley will lose this game.

Cheetahs never prosper.

*Ignores pun.*

I was going to object, but actually a cheetah's life is a hard one. When each hunt takes a huge expenditure of energy, and even if you catch your prey (which is far from guaranteed) a bigger and stronger predator is likely to come and take your catch from you, just breaking even is a huge challenge.

16 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I've been to the Wild Animal Park (since renamed "Zoo Safari").  They have Cheetahs trained to run 100 yards/meters at full tilt after a toy on a winch.  They only run it a couple of times because the Cheetah can kill itself running at full speed for too long.  They do a medical checkup before each run to figure out if the Cheetah is up for the run (or for another one).  There's no stealth running at that speed.  You can hear the thump of each paw as it flies by and while there's a fence between people and the Cheetah Run track, if you're in the front row along that fence, the Cheetah will be 5 feet or so from you for that brief moment when it goes by.

Compared to other big cats Cheetahs look almost two-dimensional.  They're very long, thin.  Presumably that's to reduce air resistance.

5 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Compared to other big cats Cheetahs look almost two-dimensional.  They're very long, thin.  Presumably that's to reduce air resistance.

Kind of like greyhounds. I've seen video of a running greyhound. They are amazing, beautiful creatures. An online friend of mine owns one and it can run much faster backwards than she can run facing forward. It loves being chased but has to give the silly slow two-legs a big advantage for it to be fun.

56 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Kind of like greyhounds. I've seen video of a running greyhound. They are amazing, beautiful creatures. An online friend of mine owns one and it can run much faster backwards than she can run facing forward. It loves being chased but has to give the silly slow two-legs a big advantage for it to be fun.

Cheetahs : Greyhounds who got the "Hello Kitty" skin.out of a lootbox...